Sign in to follow this  
Vanya

Spanish Wurm Community

As you can read it with your very eyes.

Even since this post is in english, following the forum rules, what Im wanting and pointing with this is to gather and have conscience of what amount of spanish speakers we are here in Wurm. And not only to have some idea about how many, but to know us each other too!! And, with that, to have some sub-community conscience, as an apart piece of this awesome and big community of players who love this wonderful game.

In fact, I would love to form some informal sub-community based on this language or at least some to leave some knowledge for those spanish peakers who could come in some future to this game, to let them know they are not alone.

As you may obviously know, starting in a game built around a different language than yours its a little boulder in the way. Its not heavy at all, if the language only describes dialogues and mechanics. For some players, this could be piece of cake, and for others it would ask some patience and skill, or even some help.

But a game based all around community´s relationships and interaction with other players with a different (or even differents) languages than yours its not so easy, and for some players it could even become "Nightmare" difficulty. That, without the fact that some expressions, as some ways of thinking and of interpreting the world changes from a language to another.

For all that, starting a community, a group made all around a token of the language, and in this case around the spanish, I seriously believe it could help a lot to improve this big game and give a hand to many, many players out there... And also to make an aparted place to interact for some palyers with some of their kind, or closer to that than a in-the-other-side-of-the-world-player.

• Like 2

Good idea, these ideas have been suggested in the past and have always been shoot at by the people that fear it will split the community.

A simple solution could be language specific unmoderated channels that can be turn on and off at will, just like we can with GL-Freedom... eeh, no wait. Anyway, a simple channel where people can talk there own language. just like there is in so many other games.

Vanya, you might want to do a 2nd version of you post below the first in spanish for the Spanish :)

There are alteast 5 Spanish toons near my place, ill post a link for them in local once i see them.

• Like 1

If you often use Wurm's IRC then you could create a Spanish IRC channel there. To access it, open up the console and simply type in "irc". You'll auto-connect to "#wurm" but could create your own channel with a command like "/join #wurmespanol".

IRC can be accessed from any server and offline too with an irc client and by pressing the irc button on the forums for example. If you do make a dedicated channel then I recommend that you register it with Rizon (our irc providers,) this will give you more security and control over the channel.

More info:

/>http://wurmpedia.com/index.php/Irc
/>http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/irctutorial.html
/>http://www.rizon.net/info/channels_nicknames

Hope it helps :)

Sadly I dont use IRC too much, not even in Wurm, but its a good idea anyway :)

If this can take off at least with having in some future some people letting others to know them as spanish speakers, that could work by sure as a meeting point!! But first, we need people to let themselves being know.

OFF: I have seen russian deeds around too, and I would suggest this same thing too to them. It could work really.

I´m on.

i don´t mind about people speacking in non english language, but beware, most people around are very anal about non english languaje used in local by example, dunno why.

Salu2.

I'm Swedish, but I never use Swedish in local unless I know there are only swedes present. Why? Because I think it's a bit rude.

Having your own irc channels or speaking your own language in villagage chat is of course ok. But, using other languages than english in Wurm offcial channels poses a problem because it's not easily moderated, the Wurm staff can't be expected to work in other languages than english.

I'm Swedish, but I never use Swedish in local unless I know there are only swedes present. Why? Because I think it's a bit rude.

Having your own irc channels or speaking your own language in villagage chat is of course ok. But, using other languages than english in Wurm offcial channels poses a problem because it's not easily moderated, the Wurm staff can't be expected to work in other languages than english.

So if at some time for any razon being you need to go to a country where you don´t know the spoken language you will remain silent for you entire time in that country unless you know that no one near you ... you get the idea.

No, I just direct the talk to the person I'm talking to. You can't do that in Wurm... And there is really no reason to talk in local becasue it is easy starting a team chat.

I'm not saying there should be a zero tolerance against speaking your own language in local, I just think it's annoying when people make it a habit and therefore I don't do it myself.

I speak Spanish and I'm looking for people I hang out

Yo hablo español y estoy buscando gente con la que juntarme

No, I just direct the talk to the person I'm talking to. You can't do that in Wurm... And there is really no reason to talk in local becasue it is easy starting a team chat.

I'm not saying there should be a zero tolerance against speaking your own language in local, I just think it's annoying when people make it a habit and therefore I don't do it myself.

Its ok. I do the same... And mostly cause... nobody would ever answer me too anyway, so its like making noise with no meaning for others, or waking xenophobic feelings and so.

Oh!! Btw, I have made a thesis about xenphobia as my final work for my "Integration Workshop" (a subject in the university) :P

I speak Spanish and I'm looking for people I hang out

Yo hablo español y estoy buscando gente con la que juntarme

Nice!! Our first one!! / ¡Genial! ¡El primero! :P

Hola! Hablo un poco español (tres años ^_^) , y vivo en Independencia. Si usted necesitas asistencia, tal vez puedo ayuda, pero mi villa es no comunidad de español. :)

Hello. I speak a little Spanish, and I live on Independence. If you need assistance, maybe I can help, but my town is not a Spanish community.

Edited by Xallo

Thx for all :D

Espero podamos encontrar un pequeño grupo, estoy algo perdido, tengo micro o cualquier cosa para poder charlar :)

Is a good idea! Maybe we should talk about it, i don't know any spanish speaker ingame but would be nice. Now with the upcoming version 1.0 we can even get lots of new players to join wurm.

------------

Buena idea! Deberíamos hablar más sobre el tema, personalmente no conozco hispano hablantes en wurm pero sería interesante. Ahora que se viene la versión 1.0 incluso podría servir para atraer nuevos jugadores y que se unan a wurm.

told you, you would find people who speak spanish Kyeo xD

Hhahahaha XD Yeah :P

My guess is, your a bit lucky since English has been tough to you from an early age in the Swedish school system. However from my experience there are quite a lot of people from all age groups and countries, even from countries like Denmark or Sweden whose English is quite bad. Now consider places where there is little to no focus on learning English, those players will be lost to wurm unless they have a place to talk with others. Which is why I think language specific channels is a good idea.

simple unmoderated channels will do, only use moderators/gm as heavy hitters for asshats and ofcause kcat remains moderated and english

Its ok. I do the same... And mostly cause... nobody would ever answer me too anyway, so its like making noise with no meaning for others, or waking xenophobic feelings and so.

Oh!! Btw, I have made a thesis about xenphobia as my final work for my "Integration Workshop" (a subject in the university) :P

Nice!! Our first one!! / ¡Genial! ¡El primero! :P

No, en realidad es el segundo o el tercero ;)

Hi, I am spanish, I have a village in the south coast near Samatra village Agua Muerta and Coastal watch outpost, in Deliverance server, I dont know the coordinates, but I think Samatra and Agua Muertas are showed in the Deliverance Map, we are making border with those villages , we are 4 spanish in the village. The village is called "Orden Sagrada de los Templarios"

Regards.

P.D Hola a todos xD.

Edited by contestani

Keep all public chat English pls. Theres not enough people around to go foreign language snob style. In village or private message you can do as you please.

Keep all public chat English pls.

Ok fair enough You have just written of everyone that do not speak English or just not fell comfortable using it. That's quite a lot of potential customers, congratulations. What ham does it do to have a place for them?

Theres not enough people around to go foreign language snob style

I'm sure we gain plenty more players by calling them snobs for talking there own native language, which, insistently makes English a foreign snob language.

In village or private message you can do as you please.

CA, Freedom and GL-Freedom are the only channels that need to be moderated, everything else is just noise. if you fell left out because some dude speaks Russian in local, then maybe it's time to learn a new snobbish language or look the other way

• Like 1

Well, I would like to participate in a new community in Wurm. We could have an event perhaps or even just all meet up in Freedom market and walk around and talk spanish to the locals :)

Keep all public chat English pls. Theres not enough people around to go foreign language snob style. In village or private message you can do as you please.

I will do, since now, what you kindly request, since english is a foreing snob language to me, i will refrain of using it.

im spanish,infact when i started playing wurm i lived in a spanish speakers deed on mapple island on independence called nueva hispania (now its all gone except the guard tower we made)now im on celebration,but im always on irc when im on wurm and would join a spanish speaking channel if its created

Edited by Nume