Sign in to follow this  
Davee

Notch Danec Once Again?

Dunno if this calls for it's own thread in this sub-forum to be honest, but it is vaguely Wurm-related. Mods please move it if you feel it's not warranted. ;)

So after spent about an hour on the Test server (and first time in the game for over a year) to test out the new 'Wurm 1.0' features, I recognised this name identical to the old Wurm developer that logged in to my local at the starting area... Interested, I went and followed him around a bit.

(note that I crashed a few times while taking screenshots)

P1SCO.jpg

T3j9X.jpg

dmkbL.jpg

Yes, he accepted my duelling proposal. He put up a bit of a fight, using bandages and all.

KkJ0A.jpg

Tastes like sudden-internet-famous person

CNtf6.jpg

h5dqQ.jpg

I don't know if anyone can log in under any name on the test server or if existing account names are spoken for...

All I can say is that he acted more or less as I would have expected him to, asking about the new features and some coding specifics (also note me talking to him in Swedish and him answering in English). He had just logged off the server before I left about an hour ago. Imposter or not? You decide.

• Like 1

Impostor. Anyone can log in as any name on test so long as that account has been inactive for long enough and therefore has been deleted from the test server.

• Like 1

I do not see why he wouldn't check it out, considering the jump wurm is taking.

I say, Plausible.

He would probably use an unknown alias anyways :)

I bet he has been playing Wurm all along and you know it! Perhaps you even know who is is. He is just hiding among the crowds somewhere...

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 5

are you guys for real lol

i mean you look up notch and you'll find it linked to Wurm Online pretty quick, and Rolf is friends with him still. he probably knows about wurm 1.0, i don't see why it couldn't be him.

and wtf mattown, know who also is swedish.. rolf, do you see him speaking swedish here

He speaks perfect English... he used to get on random popular Minecraft servers and talk to people and interact with them. Do you guys think he believes he is too good for peons like us?

• Like 1

Do you guys think he believes he is too good for peons like us?

Nah, I think he just realized that if he shows his face thousands of minecraft fanboys will swarm the forum. I understand actually.

he was in #wurm irc a few months ago and posted about it on his twitter, its not that rare

An imposter by any other name bans just the same.

Fine, you know what? I don't care anymore.

Everybody, I'm notch.

Lets danec again :)

Just Kidding

he probably would've answered in Swedish too, no way it's him

LOL, are you for real?

Do you think us swedes incapable of learning other languages than Swedish? :P

Impostor. Anyone can log in as any name on test so long as that account has been inactive for long enough and therefore has been deleted from the test server.

Well darn it, if so. No 'Notchslayer' for me. :rolleyes:

he probably would've answered in Swedish too, no way it's him

The reason I think it fits is that I imagine he'd be making a habit of speaking English in public - especially in video game related situations. His fans are all over the world after all.

I am Notch. er. Sparticus. er. MacGregor.

I am Frodo Sagbag.

LOL, are you for real?

oh yea cause clearly i said that

i think if someone talked to him like that, he'd at least give not so vague answers then

Never trusted the Swedes and their Swedish ways, all that Swedish talking and hot blonde women. Way too many 'Y's in their language and dont get me started about the umlauts. Sitting back during their 11.5 months of winter, dreaming of ways to take over the world. Take Wurm 1.0 for instance, obviously a plot to occupy us with eye-candy while the Swedish Hordes prepare to ride their reindeers down upon world on Christmas Day (they have to wait until after the Mayan calender just in case the world ends, I dont trust the Mayans either).

I'll make short work of this Natch fellow. You hear, Natch? You bring your Waldo hat wearing beard holder over to Elevation when you're finally done holding your shaft over on that there test server, and me and you dance, son.

You seriously beleive it was notch? Just look at the other names...