Sign in to follow this  
Bubblegum

Buffalo Cheese. That's Right Buffalo Cheese.

Bison, as they stand have no use beyond meat and beasts of burden.

My suggestion is that they should be milk-able in order to make cheese and whatever plans there are for the dairy-making skill.

This could give them a great use beyond their leathers and meat or decorations in steppe and a believable use too.

Don't you want to be eating delicious buffalo cheese and butters? :huh:

http://imgur.com/pdEAl

There is a great use for buffalo I use them when I'm badly wounded.

Err... this wasnt made from the male only bison that have been spawning right?

• Like 1

Err... this wasnt made from the male only bison that have been spawning right?

N..noo! of course not

I legitimately want buffalo cheese.

Doesn't require new models or anything, maybe a line of code or two added to bison.

The buffalo cheese also know as Mozzarella, is made with the milk of a really different kind of animal.

In the game we have Bisons: Bison bison

The mozzarella ones are Water buffalos: Bubalus bubalis

Diferent Genus, diferent Species.

I think some special clothing / home decor options that use buffalo would be nice :D like unique rugs, capes, and of course....

AAAACyIQv5oAAAAAAYVDJg.jpg

Too late now, but I probably would have preferred a "water buffalo" style model that could assist in farming somehow and carry two barrels worth of items and lead by players. Although American bison are majestic and classic for hunting on prairies (ie Steppes) they have less role in domestic use that I know of. But they made great sources of meats, fur hides and unique trophies. Hiowever if the intent was for bison to be aimed at HUNTING and not FARMING, it might have been better to make them require taming to lead or breed (like DEER) and to have special AI where they traveled in herds and perhaps protected in numbers their weaker members from hunters (remember when a pack of wolves was more feared in Wurm than much more dangerous opponents, because their numbers gave them such huge advantage?)

cape_buffalo_1.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

+1!

Im almost tempted to say this was planned or in the works becuase when bison are added, cow milk started acting wonky (being renamed to aged fat brown cow milk, rather than just milk) - I couldnt think of any reason why else rolf would mess with the milk like that :)

And we need tomatoes so we can make pizza! :D

and carrots which maybe had a very tiny 5% boost to animal taming success percentages, giving them their own unique niche market.

Have you ever met anyone who has tried to milk a buffalo of the kind in the game. Not water buffalo because that's not what's in the game, but Bison. No you have not. Why? Because everyone who tried is DEAD. ;)

Have you ever met anyone who has tried to milk a buffalo of the kind in the game. Not water buffalo because that's not what's in the game, but Bison. No you have not. Why? Because everyone who tried is DEAD. ;)

We can lead them, tame them, hitch them to our carts.. These are oviously different bison than the kind youre used to

This has since become a thing.

I welcome you, buffalo cheese!

• Like 1