Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Release Date Set To 12/12/12

So there is a 20skill restriction if you don't pay or do I misunderstand you?

Of course, this is very common, but on wurm online its one of the most excessive pay2win/pay4fun measuers I have ever seen. But whatevs, maybe there'll be a few new nice people who aren't repelled by this joining the 1.0 today.

So it's an online game with about the cheepest rate out there.

But they let you play it for free up to 20 skill so you can sample it.

Do you get it now?

I really don't get your attitude about this. You're upset that Wurm requires a rather small €5 a month payment while saying how LoL seduced you into paying much more and being happy about it. Personally I like having a single expense, declared before you get committed to a game instead of the $1 here or $5 there nonsense.

I'm not really upset about it you know. Its just sad, that there is almost no chance for me to get friends to play this, because all of them hate anything that smells like pay2win. And this game certainly does. Grinding for not-paying doesn't count in the least... doesn't matter if you pay in money or pay in time with annoying, repetetive not-fun-at-all tasks.

I admit, it could be worse, like, an item shop with swords of godliness and so on.. But thats just the extremely bad way among the many bad ways to fund a game.

But the base line is, for the great majority of potential new players looking at this game, it smells like pay4fun, looks like pay4fun and most likely is pay4fun.

True, I had my fun without paying, and I did pay for 3 months afterwards, but only because I was pointed at this project by other sandbox-game-enthusiasts multiple times.

Sure, you made your peace with this way of funding and feel like defending it, but for most new gamers, especially those without much money to spend, this method looks unreasonably harsh.

I just hope, they'll reconsider it at some point and maybe come up with a better way.

Made 50s+ being non prem ( last few months). Never paid for premium and it's not hard to play ;)

How much time did you invest alone for making this amount in repetitive tasks?

So it's an online game with about the cheepest rate out there.

But they let you play it for free up to 20 skill so you can sample it.

Do you get it now?

Well ok, if you start out from the expectation to pay a monthly fee like for Blizzards World Of Warcraft(or one of the other not-yet-f2p games), it looks cheap. But there are almost no games left with the monthly-fee-concept, and more and more users don't want to pay a monthly fee anymore.

Anyway, excited for the release! Hope to find some nice people to play with.

Edited by Bryn

Almost there. New time is 19.00 GMT

• There are still several minor things we have to fix before the official release.

Wow, another delay

Edited by bluemoonn

I'm not really upset about it you know. Its just sad, that there is almost no chance for me to get friends to play this, because all of them hate anything that smells like pay2win. And this game certainly does. Grinding for not-paying doesn't count in the least... doesn't matter if you pay in money or pay in time with annoying, repetetive not-fun-at-all tasks.

I admit, it could be worse, like, an item shop with swords of godliness and so on.. But thats just the extremely bad way among the many bad ways to fund a game.

But the base line is, for the great majority of potential new players looking at this game, it smells like pay4fun, looks like pay4fun and most likely is pay4fun.

True, I had my fun without paying, and I did pay for 3 months afterwards, but only because I was pointed at this project by other sandbox-game-enthusiasts multiple times.

Sure, you made your peace with this way of funding and feel like defending it, but for most new gamers, especially those without much money to spend, this method looks unreasonably harsh.

I just hope, they'll reconsider it at some point and maybe come up with a better way.

It's not really pay2win. You can't pay for skills, other than to buy an account from someone. If the issue is paying at all, a game's gotta make money somehow, and a subscription to play at all is usually considered the least pay2win. Pay for items...sort of? But you can do that in any game, since you're buying from other players...

Almost there. New time is 19.00 GMT

• There are still several minor things we have to fix before the official release.

Wow, another delay

I don't see this post anywhere on the tumbler page... or on the wurm news page. Where did you find this? your link goes to the 18:00 GMT post

Bryn if you don't like don't play and don't write nonsenses

He never said don't like. Stop shooing away people who are just offering suggestions on how to attract new players. Wurm has a unique flavor that I love, but it's not perfect.

• Like 1

Please this time say we are going to either postpone or do it.......my eyes are crossing here... :wacko:

we will wait with no problem.... we realy dont wana see another update with big bugs like before...

we will wait with no problem.... we realy dont wana see another update with big bugs like before...

hehe yeah I know I am just wishful thinking out loud.... :lol:

lol Rolf is trolling us because a bunch of us were saying there was gonna be huge delays upon release on 1.0 XD you jynxed it guys good job

Edited by shadowblasta

@ bryn go gather some facts about the game please, wurm has to live from something and alot of games have this model: f2p with restrictions (dungeons and Dragons Online, Mortal Online just to name two that came to my mind instantly)

I'm happy they don't have that p2win thing at all, sure you can buy a deed with buying silver and you could make another account and buy him a deed too, but the things that are actually really worth something ingame is crafted stuff from players. You CAN'T buy XP potions in the shop...or awesome weapons...or awesome costumization or anything.

as the community is player driven, most people prefer to trade actual stuff instead of using money for it ;) cause it's a real pain if you want to travel to another players merchant or to a bigger cities with lots of active merchants. And it's even a bigger pain if you get killed on the way

btw.: you don't need money ingame to play it, you can even live without a deed and if you want to have one you can still pay it with ingame earned money, which is not very hard cause you could offer "bulk" work for other players, like making 500 planks or helping someone digging out and flatten a place or whatever or you can make simple tools that you can sell to other newbies and so on. a deed costs 10 silvers without resizing and minimum 1 silver per month as rent (without a templar)

I think thats reasonable, even when I started, you could sell your "referal" you get for going first time premium for around 6 silvers or so....

Edited by Miretta

*Continues to float on in his hopes and dreams bubble. The bubble no judgmental finger can pop, or sharp object from a rude person either. Only thing that can pop this bubble is the crushing defeat of a setback for an other 2 hours* hehehehe weeee!

looks like the gangs all here.. wurm is waiting....

Protunia, Schiann, Cohen, thorgot, Redi73, Arka, Miretta, bluemoonn, WesncIsMe, Ols, Gumbo, Laiwyn, JacobSilver, Rhianna, Google, Zep, meiyeeer, Evilvision,Macgregor, Rycory, Vroomfondel, dexman76, Crystl, HughMongus, Rodan, Eldris, NESGamepro, Fooligun, contestani, Facebook, raimian, Suntan, Skren,Griffith, Dskaggsgv, Mattown, Avaa, drago, rolandthian, Jaakko, RockyBalboa, WhyteRabbit, elite, hoof2000, BrQQQ, ago, Theodis, Daz, Corey, Dienekes, dano,MKalliades, Snowmantis, Renala, Lancelot, crutchly, Drpox, namalesca, Wiro, Laun, Dergen, Busted, Nyack, khatanka, Twilite, ishimitsukai, vanille, AndreC,Antares, Notsodirt, Teutates, Mavv35, 50Cent123, Oraggo, EdibleSheep, Raybarg, master, Sharkin, Mizana, Ezalor, mentalmisfit, Rorin, raitis, lagston, wizler11,michieldewit, Postes, Kayei, cmiddlebrook, Lumbro, Bing, Zarwin, Xiled, Hussars, metis, Contraban, Jekev, Nadroj, Telarin, LostFisherman, Toeol, Fiere, Naabs,Froxx, Docterchese, LumpyGravy, shermanss, Faeran, Sklo:D, EriktheRead, shuego, ktara, Kgb, Tek, Aldur, Thorakkanath, Horus, Redd, Endler, Che, Phynx,Eyesgood, Guruen, Khasar, Saraski, rotinom, Baultr, Sinith, Acheronia, Ragnarok, jer, Asciana, Corwen, SoulsBlade, Aureate, Endulin, alkaliexce, Tich,Seancarl, Joona, Icetray, Wossoo, Martynas5, Templar, Taya, vaiperu, fatboy, boku, Duyu, Jayrne, Nomadikhan, Mebourne, Ecrir, Enderwolf, Ronnie, Tor, Sizar,Chulirac, Bladedancer, pierre93, Domhnall, Seara, Trepper, borindak, tiggin, Ricowan, Warlander, Kyrian, Siime Rowpha, Gregory, mrperea, Thevagabond,Flyingkiwi, Silvirwolfe, jacobw, Scaredface, Deth666, Alren, spider, ExpendableOne, sandyar, Sevoflurane, darthryan, Raamkozijn, Kyu, garfius, Nordlys, valross,Pacer, Spage, Edzwarr, mrcrowz, Kruggan, Exoidus, Buttercups, Bryn, CainDarren, Lycanthropic, shadowblasta, Benniegann, scottfree, Serpentarius, Aeradon,Zakerak, Kryx, Windeee, Maximustehgreat, Revnik, Sparkytaco, ckczk, Luther1972, Issle

How much time did you invest alone for making this amount in repetitive tasks?

Well ok, if you start out from the expectation to pay a monthly fee like for Blizzards World Of Warcraft(or one of the other not-yet-f2p games), it looks cheap. But there are almost no games left with the monthly-fee-concept, and more and more users don't want to pay a monthly fee anymore.

Anyway, excited for the release! Hope to find some nice people to play with.

Well if you think wurms pay2win, Could be worse. Look at perfect world. They sell EXP tokens you can use one after the other and have a level 90 character within 2weeks if you play all day around. Where as wurm, even if you buy the best cast tools from other players you still going to need to spend months to get your skills up there. I mean come on. Seeing as wurm has different currency system then most games(collect things and sell to npc) doesnt by any way make it pay2win. Seems just right out wanting to reap all the glory without dropping a dim to me.

I know what coding means and how tricky it can be so I also was under the guys who said there will be troubles because I know what I speak of.

I know what coding means and how tricky it can be so I also was under the guys who said there will be troubles because I know what I speak of.

there is always troubles this is why you always say 8-10 hours :P

Sign in to follow this