Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Release Date Set To 12/12/12

You all should become advisors of some sort not waste your time on wurm forums predicting how it will be after day zero of Wurm 1.0 :P In my personal opinion it will help wurm overal, some people may be happy some may be not, but it will move forward and that's what I'm looking for :D

• Like 2

You all should become advisors of some sort not waste your time on wurm forums predicting how it will be after day zero of Wurm 1.0 :P In my personal opinion it will help wurm overal, some people may be happy some may be not, but it will move forward and that's what I'm looking for :D

Oh but you see Vean, I would be, but I am much more qualified for the position of Emperor, or Eternal Dictator. But unfortunately there are no governments with openings, so I have to content myself with analyzing WurmOnline ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm right with you there. I'm just trying to avoid the eternal and almost unfailing optimism, which more-often than not leads to disappointment when the thing doesn't come through, or something breaks. The Updates will make the game better, nothing more. The basics will not change, and neither will the majority of the player base.

Going back to this (What to do with Wild server) thing. I had somewhat of a creative solution to the problem of having Wild connected to Freedom.

The main problem as i understand is, Factions. Theres no way to have a person from freedom, sailing into wild, To suddenly be on a faction such as MR, or JK or BL

So the fix more or less, was to make wild, Freedom, So freedom to freedom faction sailing works.

As someone speculated earlier, which leads me to believe there is an incompatibility problem when it comes to Freedom mixing with a 3 faction world

*What if the price you have to pay to have all back that you want back on Chaos is, to go seperate, just like the new PVE server will be seperate (which I find a wonderful experiment, I feel quite confident that it will be a very good choice). What if Chaos, to get back what it desires, simply *needs* to be seperate even just to get the code needed for what you want (this time without ruining the pve-experience by that code)?*

This would be my solution, To any DEV out there reading this.

Create a dialog window that comes up when someone from freedom cross's into the chaos server. This dialog, Would be a 1 time dialog that pops up when no preference or setting file is found on the chaos server for this players faction. Basically, making them choose MR, JK, or BL right there on the spot. If they ignore it or never choose, maybe a default choice of BL (Laughs) Would be chosen.

It would only take a few modifications i would think, To the chaos server, or even the border crossing routines, To figure out if a person is entering the chaos server, to read ahead, for a preference, and if none found, Display dialog, After a 5 minute timeout, auto choose black light.

And of course, Crossing from chaos to freedom, would change your faction to freedom. There would be no reading of preference or anything.

Im sure this idea has some flaws, but I think it would be at least a start, of a way to keep 3 factions on 1 sever that are connected to another server that has 1 faction only.

• Like 1

Why complicate it. Just make PMKs if you cant add default kingdoms along with keeping the freedom kingdom, and crossing to a freedom server auto converts you to freedom kingdom. You cross back to Wild as a freedomer, and regardless of where you are you have to wait the convert timer to be converted back.

• Like 1

Maybe Chaos is in a broken state now but it still has a higher population now than anytime during the last 3 ½ years I played.

If you said in the last 1 year I'd probably say you are correct, but 3 years is a long time - 3 years ago I'm certain at least 150-200 was the peak on weekends.

• Like 2

to mrGary

you said-------------------

Why complicate it. Just make PMKs if you cant add default kingdoms along with keeping the freedom kingdom, and crossing to a freedom server auto converts you to freedom kingdom. You cross back to Wild as a freedomer, and regardless of where you are you have to wait the convert timer to be converted back.

------------------------

This is an interesting idea too, So the idea is that when you leave wild to goto freedom u are leaving for awhile which allows the timer to reset, But a problem would occur if you crossed the border and then came back right away, since you could not auto join back to the pmk.

Whichever the case may be, This idea might be better for rolf and the team than trying to get the original 3 factions going again. Most of wild has been erased and setup for freedom anyway.

Edited by Lost

Y'know we have more than one thread discussing such ideas already in the chaos section that have already been ignored =/ I even asked Rolf if he'd have a look at our ideas myself and he ignored me and them lol;

Y'know we have more than one thread discussing such ideas already in the chaos section that have already been ignored =/ I even asked Rolf if he'd have a look at our ideas myself and he ignored me and them lol;

Well, I don't think Chaos is his highest priority given he's releasing 1.0 with a new server, all new models, visible armor, and animations. I would rather have that than him fixing an old server.

• Like 3

There is a difference between fixing the problems and wasting time coding that is needed for 1.0 and just looking at peoples ideas and making a statement about what he will do to chaos when he can. It's called good customer service.

Edited by Nadroj

There is a difference between fixing the problems and wasting time coding that is needed for 1.0 and just looking at peoples ideas and making a statement about what he will do to chaos when he can. It's called good customer service.

But most of the company's customers are PvE freedomers. That is their target audience, that's where they are making the main chunk of their income, and that is why the company is focusing on a new server. In terms of business, the players of the wild server are expend-able, If some of them (or even all of them) leave, though it will be a disappointment it won't impact the companies coffers as much as it would If lots of the Freedomers left. PvE is the new lifeblood of Wurm now, there may have been a time when it was mainly PvP, but that time has passed. From what I've heard, wild only has 30 or so players, these will probably replaced with freedomers in the coming 1.0 release. The new improvements are Good Customer Service, because it contains the services that potentially paying players want to have. Time to carve off the chaff and burn up the wood-scrap, It's time for a new deed to be built..

• Like 2

Because you're a player of Chaos you're acting as if it needs to be the top priority before all and everything. Sorry, it's not. Epic has many mistakes and changes needed as well, but you don't see many people posting about it. Time and place. Patience.

• Like 1

Even though i think working on PvE is definitely a good way to go, i just hope Rolf eventually gets round to fixing Chaos.

Time and patience is what we have lots of Postes. We've been waiting for well over a year now for Chaos to be changed back to full raiding, but thats another matter.

I think im going to wait untill may to see if Rolf will eventually do any good changes to Chaos, and if not I think thats taking the biscuit just a little to much and i might call it done there.

I hope 1.0 goes through smoothly (from what ive seen on tester server it looks REALLY DODGY), but i hope most of all is patched and de-bugged efficiently and quickly so that Chaos and Epic can be addressed! - I do hope rolf doesn't take one of his long holidays and leaves us with some game destroying bug.

Edited by Redd

You've been waiting since the last time he spent a lot of time and effort working on Chaos to "fix" it. I am extraordinarily grateful that he -didn't- spend the last year focused purely on "fixing" Chaos to the exclusion of all else.

Personally I think that pvp in general need to be made more entertaining and less frustrating, and that 1.0 is a step in the right direction for making the game as a whole more enjoyable in all its aspects, and that this will have a positive benefit to BOTH pve and pvp servers.

While I've never been to Chaos (and have no desire to, largely because I have little interest in the kinds of drama that seem to abound and the way I've seen people from Chaos act in GL and on the forums) I did spend a good while on Epic and don't mind the notion of pvp being made more enjoyable. I just think that stuff like custom characters, animations, and multistorey will go a long way toward that goal.

• Like 1

The new PvE server sounds nice!

My friends sounded really interested until I mentioned the lvl20 skill paywall, where I lost every single one of them completely. crap :c

Edited by Bryn

Mention to them that lvl 20 is plenty to enjoy a lot of wurm, and that they can work towards earning ingame money to pay for prem instead if they really dislike the subscription thing.

My friends sounded really interested until I mentioned the lvl20 skill paywall, where I lost every single one of them completely. crap :c

developers have to get paid too or there is no game. Edited by Xalorum
  • Like 2

The new *server* that will be enabled with 1.0 does not have a 20 skill level restriction, that only applys if players decide that they don't want to pay the 5 euros per month to have a premium account. This is the way it has always been on all servers, nothing new about that. Play for free online games always have these types of restrictions that are lifted when one pays some sort of fee for additional benifits, so I don't see what your friends would expect differently from Wurm.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Mention to them that lvl 20 is plenty to enjoy a lot of wurm, and that they can work towards earning ingame money to pay for prem instead if they really dislike the subscription thing.

It's not hard to earn money while capped at 20lvl, but it takes time.

OMFG

Please go to your Wild Chaos forum and whine there. A lot of us could care less.

What time approximately will the new server be up on the 12th??

• Like 2

I understand that the game needs to make money and I have been happy to pay for premium time with real money. But am I the only one upset that the premium time I have already paid for can't be used on the new server? Everyone says "just create a new character" and while that's easy enough, my premium time will stay with my old character. What this tells us is never buy premium time more than one month in advance, which I think is surely not something the game developers should be encouraging. I don't understand why it is so difficult for premium time to be associated with my account, to be used with whatever character on that account I want.

That does sound annoying...and should probably be fixed in the future. It was as much of a problem before the untransferable server though

OMFG

Please go to your Wild Chaos forum and whine there. A lot of us could care less.

What time approximately will the new server be up on the 12th??

On IRC Rolf mentioned 2pm CET which I believe is 3pm UK time

Sign in to follow this