Sign in to follow this  
Thorakkanath

Do You Know Dropbox?

Hi guys!

this topic should have been called "Help a noob" but it wouldn't have been too descriptive :)

As i am using Dropbox (www.dropbox.com) on all my devices (3PCs, 1 Laptop, 1Tablet, 2 Phones) and also has collaborative file integration and syncing I use it a lot for my university purposes.

Sadly even if I completed all other ways of getting free space I am again out of space (actually currently at 115.3% capacity because of my other collaborators that can still add files in our shared network); this time all i have left is to refer people.

In short, if you wanna try it out or just help me and never use it again is the same for me :) (and for the dropbox team)

Advantages of joining through a referral link: we both get +500 MB worth of storage extra.

Cons: none, lol (uhh I know, you will see my email address :o)

From my part ill thank in advance anyone and everyone that is willing to help me out get out more out of this free account.

My referal link is: http://db.tt/cMTmTFjx

Sincerely,

Thorakkanath

PS. I think all it will be asked of you is to register (email + pw), confirm email, download and install Dropbox and that´s it! Regarding email policy I am using Dropbox for 3 years now and I get from them about 1 email every 6 months or so, nothing really

Don't try to force some more space out of your Dropbox, simply use additional services.

Microsoft Skydrive, Goolge Drive, Ubuntu One and bam 17GB more free cloud space.

Plus you can save your most important files with more redundancy.

Edited by Keldun

I've been wanting to getting around to setting up my own account for a bit now, so I guess I'll do this :)

Lmao, I was asked to create a Dropbox account, and just wanted to take a peek at Wurm forums, and got 500 MB free ;) Thanks

Sweet guys, I want to thank you so much for this! I am now down to 99.7% full :D Finally I can continue uploading my experimental data!

I hope you will have uses for it, because for me its just brilliant!

PS. Keldun my one and only reply that I will write to your post: "lol".

and how will that work on my phone and my tablet, then re-upload everything I have from dropbox to skydrive, then re-do all perimissions and re-invite everyone, then explain to all my collaborators that they need to swap programs just because I'm low on space, seriously.

Thx Ecrir, ill try that out tomorrow!

Obviously there are files on your dropbox outside of that shared folder, otherwise everyone's box would be full. Or are they paying for space so that they can flood you?

Try putting those other files on a different service.

And how about cleanup, do you guys really need all those files in the dropbox?