Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Random Client Crashes (Multi-Clienting)

I've been getting a lot of client crashes lately partaining to overflows and indexing issues of arrays and strings. The crashing seems to occur far more when I multi-client rather than single-clienting. A few examples are the following.

First:

Unexpected crash while playing The error was: <-907159351>

I've had both negative and positive values for this kind of crash.

Second:

Unexpected crash while playing The error was: <String index out of range: 7>

This is the first time I've had the above error.

I've had more, such as one about an array boundary (ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException).

Also, none of the above are generation crash logs.

I've had more crashes, but these are just the standard # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) error.

I've given Java the ability to use over 4GB of RAM, so I don't believe that I should be crashing with a problem relating to memory usage as I only run 3 clients at most (which, currently are at 545,000k, 380,000k, and 359,000k memory usage). One client is running full settings and resolution (1080p), while the others run at a 640 resolution.

Is there going to be any kind of fixing of the client as far as multi-clienting is concerned?

I can post my specs if needed, but that shouldn't even be an issue.

This is on the Unstable Client (v3.1.75).

Edit: Whoops, can be moved to the technical issues forums. Sorry!

Edited by Xallo

Ive had all of these as well, only when double clienting and occasionally right after i finish loading up just one client.

I was thinking what could possibly compliment this problem is that I alt-tab frequently, so perhaps it has something to do with it?

Also on a different note, my client still does lock up maybe 1/25 times while I alt-tab (like the old alt-freezing issue that was fixed). Maybe this has something to do with it?

Edited by Xallo