Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Fishing Rod Improvement, Item Pile Fix, Faster Huge Creatures

• You now have to string a shaft in order to create a fishing rod instead of the old way
  • Mine tiles that share corners with 2 cave entrances can be mined now
  • Item piles of size 4 are now properly created and removed
  • A warmachine skill exploit was rolled back and skills reverted
  • Huge creatures move a lot faster now
  • Being attacked with a spell no longer gives target the Hunted tag
  • You can no longer hitch horses to a cart being dragged
  • You no longer get the option to lead creatures as a passenger since it doesn’t work
  • Dropping dirt should no longer raise cliff tiles

View the full article

Lockpicking a door or gate with an unlocked lock will now properly lock the lock

Why? What we need is for doors to stay open when lockpicked, and any option to relock it removed. Now you can unlock a gate and it can't even be lockpicked: you move through and get stuck, or you lockpick it and achieve nothing.

Posted this in the other topic. Could you clarify what the situation is and why?

• Dropping dirt should no longer raise cliff tiles

What is a cliff tile? Are we talking rock on a mountain, or just when I'm doing 200 slope tiers, if I drop dirt it wont fall off the side? Sorry super confused right now =/

cliff tiles are tiles on indi(maybe chaos) that are really steep rock tiles. it's actually named Cliff

iirc cliff tiles are basically steeper rock tiles. i think they are kinda old and you cant make them yourself they have to have been there from the server start

Edited by mentalmisfit

Ah, only been playing on exodus for as long as the server has been out... that explains it. Thanks! Still a little worried about kiting the next champ troll that comes around into my tower guards though....

so...does it mean you can't drop dirt on cliff tiles(which shouldn't be possible anyway, because they are too steep? or does it mean we can't even "push" dirt on them per flatraising from a neighbour dirt tile?

Edited by Miretta

Huge creatures move a lot faster now

What's this for? Champion animals? Last I saw champ unicorns run away at like I swear 40 km/h, champ crocs/trolls can keep up with 25 km/h horses, etc.

Did we just ensure the death of everyone that can't kill a champ animal? And sons of nogumps are supposed to be huge, did they get a speed boost now?

• Like 2

That'd be my question, what did this change and champ mobs are now unescapable without uber woa gear on a 5 speed horse?

Can anyone explain what this means?: "Mine tiles that share corners with 2 cave entrances can be mined now"

It sounds interesting but I can't figure it out.

And this: "Huge creatures move a lot faster now" What exactly are "huge" creatures? If they are champs as people are assuming, why are they not refered to as champs? Whatever they may be, why the speed increase? What is this need to constantly seek ways for player characters to be killed easier by aggro's. Seems *whoever* will not be satisfied until every player is killed by aggro's at least a few times each week. Really this is too much. But then again, since this statement is so vague in its description (like most others in the post), it may be nothing to be concerned about anyway.

=Ayes=

only animal I can think of called "huge" is the spiders, and they dont need to be any faster! xD

• Mine tiles that share corners with 2 cave entrances can be mined now

This I understand as a way, how to build 3 tiles wide entrance for our tunnels. It could mean no more ships stucked in entrances and exits.

Unfortunately it probably means something completely different. :P

Why most of updates comments are in form of riddles?

More mysterious are only meditation questions.

• Like 1

not quite sure if this is the right thread im posting this on.

The new iron fence/stone fence is very bad looking :(

Stone fence used to be nice greenish/blue which fitted nicely with slabs/iron fence

Now this update has made me feel that I should remove all of my stone fences, they are just brown pile of rocks.

Isnt there a way to recover old textures? Id love to have the old house model back too.

Other bug fixes are good + ^^

This I understand as a way, how to build 3 tiles wide entrance for our tunnels. It could mean no more ships stucked in entrances and exits.

Unfortunately it probably means something completely different. :P

I figured it meant like this (E is entrance, X is tile you just dug out). I could be wrong though. also apologies for worst diagram ever LOL.

____

| X |

____|____| ____

| E | | E |

|____| |____|

And thank goodness Rolf hid those answers, it was totally screwing up my "game experience".

Welcome to wurm. You must be new here

Some nogump spawned outside our village a few days ago... They move around 25-30kmh now I believe. Was not good.

hmm so how they fix fishing? i been fishing 2 hours and 8 broken poles later i dont see the difference from before

just seen a few spiders ,my lord noobs have no chance how fast they run now,gj attracting new players and keeping them ,silly to make them faster we want more players not less

Maybe the speed changes are meant to make Freedom a little more dangerous??? But as longshanks said, new players are going to be frustrated. My Deli deed is smack dab in the middle of spider country. I logged on and found a noob dead behind my deed. He obviously died from trying to run from the 6-8 spiders that were in the woods back there.

It actually is more terrifying to be chased by a spider that stalks you for two hours never knowing if you will slip up, than to get immediately chased down and killed. Any horror movie script writer knows this, so bring stalking spiders back and replace these cheetah spiders. Spiders in general are a predator that wait for you to fall into their trap. They are lurkers not aggros to use MMO terminology.

Went into my mine and one hidden deep in it immediately ran out to engage me and hung out on the entrance stone frame (because it could not get out) , I would have been scared worse had it lurked in the shadows then wacked me upside the head when I headed deep into the mine to work.

Edited by yarnevk

just seen a few spiders ,my lord noobs have no chance how fast they run now,gj attracting new players and keeping them ,silly to make them faster we want more players not less

dont make the mistake of thinking everyone has the same level of risk aversion that you do. I personally spent my first 8 hours on the Wild server trying to get my corpse back from a few spiders who insisted on camping it. IMO part of wurms problem is that it has tried to pacify the ppl who give up at the first sign of adversity. Perhaps weeding out the meek early on is a good long term strategy for the game to take.

Danger in Wurm is like this: either something is entirely dangerous or you can handle it. There's no midgame. For that reason, making animals stronger, scarier, faster is only gonna affect the lower end of the player base.

Sign in to follow this