Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

Revert Low Stone Walls Back

For the record, I do :)

I'll be happy to consider replacing all my low stone walls with low brick ones if I prefer the model. Great idea.

I like the new model, looks appropriate. Maybe it's a touch dark. What would be awesome is different rock types so you could choose how dark or light your stone walls were... but I'm sure that's a long way off :)

When you have hundreds of QL 50 60 70 walls it is not an option really.

I do not understand why they replaced walls and did not just add more options to build new walls.

Expanding the game so people have more choices is far better than making rude or rash changes IMHO.

And if done that way by giving more options people have a choice to destroy and rebuild if they want the new walls not have them shoved down their throats.

Where is the plan?? I see people saying stuff and then ok lets try that being said, but no master plan for these changes in design and what things would look like.

I feel its more like oh gee mom look what I did today....do you like it??

Edited by Protunia

And would you also say, that it's perfectly realistic for something to suddenly change into something else for no reason at all?

It wasn't any more sudden than any other change. If you are going to have any say about changes you should play unstable at least sometimes and pay attention to the forums. Your fault for not participating.

I don't spend months building deed(s) just to see their aesthetics trashed by some random update expecting to devote another bunch of months just to fix the mess.

The update wasn't random, it was deliberate. Whether or not it's a mess is a matter of opinion. Try and pay attention to what is coming down the pike next time. That holds true for everyone who is complaining about this change being sudden. It wasn't.

Edited by Macgregor

I dont feel they match iron fence gates anymore which is a shame, and before you say "well just make wooden gates" no thankyou not on a pvp server

Strange, I have a vineyard enclosed by low stone walls, but they don't have this texture, is it a different type of wall perhaps?

Strange, I have a vineyard enclosed by low stone walls, but they don't have this texture, is it a different type of wall perhaps?

Update your packs. It just made it to live few hours ago but apparently its been on unstable for awhile.

-1 to old textures, they could just lighten up the current one. The old one didn't look realistic at all.

I don't like the old low stone walls, but I could go for a separate low brick wall that more closely resembles stone house textures.

• Like 1

I much prefer the "new" low stone wall and iron fences to the old ones.

Saroman already said a new low brick wall that will match with the houses will come so its really not a problem.

I do not understand why they replaced walls and did not just add more options to build new walls.

Well I dont know. Becuase we have a low wall made out of shards that looks like its made with white bricks? And then you want him to add a second low wall that looks like its made out of shards that you create with bricks? They are adding a second wall and then the walls will both actually look with what theyre made with, so this is a better move than to illogically swap the two aroud becuase protunia doesnt want to bash his precious 70 ql walls.

• Like 1

Well I dont know. Becuase we have a low wall made out of shards that looks like its made with white bricks? And then you want him to add a second low wall that looks like its made out of shards that you create with bricks? They are adding a second wall and then the walls will both actually look with what theyre made with, so this is a better move than to illogically swap the two aroud becuase protunia doesnt want to bash his precious 70 ql walls.

There are hundreds of them so just shut up there is no bashing of them going to happen.

If they don't give a damn about making people's places look like mismatched junk oh well its their game.

And yes they should have just added some more content for a change, but no lets swap out walls that do not match anything.

The game would be farther ahead sometimes if people thought out things a bit more and actually looked at what the changes do.

But as we see time and time again slap in this, toss in that, no rhyme or reason to it half the time and knee jerk changes to things as well.

I know this won't be the last time this type of thing happens and I am sure you'll get bit again by some change down the road as well.

All I want to see is maybe some kind of complete plan of changes or this so called 'vision' i keep hearing about and not just patch work and piece mail changes most of the time.

Edited by Protunia

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - Trolling
Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - Trolling

QQ shut the hell up. Low stone walls are build with shards, not bricks. this thread makes me sick. some pretentious e-snobs crying because of the low stone wall graphic. Im sorry you resist change and want everything to stay just how it was when you found it. I think bob said it best.

"Your old road is

Rapidly agin'.

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand

For the times they are a-changin'."

Edited by Hogwash

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - quoted trolling
Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - quoted trolling

QQ shut the hell up. Low stone walls are build with shards, not bricks.

And the new ones look like hell compared to the rest of the game mr atta boy.

This could have been done much better and with more class and more consideration for all the players.

And of course we will get the same ole excuse.....but it's and Indy game....

Edited by Protunia

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - OT / trolling
Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - OT / trolling

this game could be stick figures for all i care, and id ###### love it. bite me.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - Real life threats
Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - Real life threats

this game could be stick figures for all i care, and id ###### love it. bite me.

Then go play hang man and hang yourself ;)

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - OT / trolling
Hidden by Jberg, November 28, 2012 - OT / trolling

you could play hang looks-like-a-man and do the same :)

There are hundreds of them so just shut up there is no bashing of them going to happen.

If they don't give a damn about making people's places look like mismatched junk oh well its their game.

And yes they should have just added some more content for a change, but no lets swap out walls that do not match anything.

The game would be farther ahead sometimes if people thought out things a bit more and actually looked at what the changes do.

But as we see time and time again slap in this, toss in that, no rhyme or reason to it half the time and knee jerk changes to things as well.

I know this won't be the last time this type of thing happens and I am sure you'll get bit again by some change down the road as well.

All I want to see is maybe some kind of complete plan of changes or this so called 'vision' i keep hearing about and not just patch work and piece mail changes most of the time.

Oh dont worry. Ive played this game for 4 years and Ive had plenty of the changes impact me. But if it makes complete sense then so what! Get over your arrogant self and replce them when the new wall comes out. I dont care if you had a million walls, either you replace them or stop crying to get it reverted becuase you're too damn lazy to replace them.

I dont like it how it looks so Im just going to complain about how I have 70 ql walls and dont want to replace them and how I want to be let in on the new models weh weh I dont care what anyone else says or if they like it weh

• Like 2

Oh dont worry. Ive played this game for 4 years and Ive had plenty of the changes impact me. But if it makes complete sense then so what! Get over your arrogant self and replce them when the new wall comes out. I dont care if you had a million walls, either you replace them or stop crying to get it reverted becuase you're too damn lazy to replace them.

I dont like it how it looks so Im just going to complain about how I have 70 ql walls and dont want to replace them and how I want to be let in on the new models weh weh I dont care what anyone else says or if they like it weh

hell no I won't not for a week or so I am going to let this be known as a huge screw up and probably the worst I have seen yet as far as the impact on time.

Time sinks are one thing, but this is garbage.

I hope the next one is right up your alley to and you can't do a thing about it. ;)

I am going to love it when you are back here whining your little head off.

Edited by Protunia

hell no I won't not for a week or so I am going to let this be known as a huge screw up and probably the worst I have seen yet as far as the impact on time.

And not a single **** will be given

I love the new rock walls. They look like piles of basalt rock shards, not brick and mortar. Where I grew up there were these massive basalt quarries, and the rock walls remind me of some of the buildings.

Low brick walls will come out eventually, and will match the iron gates. I remember similar "change it back to the old way" threads when they added the new forges and ovens, when they added the new cows, and on and on.

Wurm seems to be getting darker and darker. I don't mind it either way. It's always nice to see new textures and higher detailed models.

It wasn't any more sudden than any other change. If you are going to have any say about changes you should play unstable at least sometimes and pay attention to the forums. Your fault for not participating.

The update wasn't random, it was deliberate. Whether or not it's a mess is a matter of opinion. Try and pay attention to what is coming down the pike next time. That holds true for everyone who is complaining about this change being sudden. It wasn't.

I don't have time to participate in dev. All I can do is spend a while to complain when something ends up really messing my experience. The only other choice I have is to quit, so you tell me which one is better for this game.

• Like 1