Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

Revert Low Stone Walls Back

Revert the low stone walls back to the other graphic. This new texture is absolutely disgusting ugly.

• Like 3

There has been mention of a separate low stone wall that might be added. Though, not sure if it's actually on a list of things that will get done anytime soon though.

Here's a page where Saroman says yes to a low stone wall. Nothing solid, but something to cling to if you're hoping for a low stone wall to better match things than the current low stone wall. http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/68355-new-low-stone-wall-dosent-seem-to-match-up-to-anything/page__st__20

Edited by Laiwyn

Let's have the graphics faithful to the materials when we can. As said a thousand times already, these walls are made out of unworked chunks of rock. I totally understand a desire for the spiffy looking model, but that model belongs to a future low stone wall that would require bricks to make.

• Like 1

I was thinking they said they were going to add in a new low brick wall that would be like the old stone walls but match the iron fence and tall stone walls.

Low brick wall, sure why not.

/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/68355-new-low-stone-wall-dosent-seem-to-match-up-to-anything/page__st__20#entry672771

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I agree the new low stone are way to black and contrast too much with all other things in the game paving, masonry, walls, housing,etc..

They need to be changed to a different color at least.

Right now with the contrast my deed looks like crap.

So HUGE +1

Edited by Protunia

They do look realistic of stone shards and blend in to the environment better so have started to grow on me, the old white/green walls where indeed an environmental abomination especially when used as cave frames. However artistically they don't blend with the iron fence art being the lighter house stone work nor do they work well with wood shack art being the paler rough boards contrasting with the darker boards. Since both of those are also new art some harmonization of artwork is needed for better blending of the man-made structures. After giving the new walls more time. I lean more towards changing the wood house art, these are structures that noobs built and they should be sloppier, more rough hewn shacks, that look like they are handsawn from tree logs, instead of looking like light/dark paint. (Yes up close they look sawn but from a distance they look painted). I actually think the old shacks fit better with the new fences.

I think then stone walls will fit in better and they just need a dark green mossy decay art layer like the wood fences and I think they will be OK. Maybe a little greyer since the stone shards themselves are not that dark.

Edited by yarnevk

A lot of the new graphics bring a much darker feel to the game, I enjoy it.

• Like 1

A lot of the new graphics bring a much darker feel to the game, I enjoy it.

He should have added them as a new wall type not change peoples deed so nothing matches in color.

That would have made the game better because players would have new options to build different walls.

Forcing color clashes on people is not the way to do this.

Edited by Protunia

The previous house walls and small stone walls had a much larger contrast in color. Less color clashes now, you win!

The previous house walls and small stone walls had a much larger contrast in color. Less color clashes now, you win!

I call BS sorry man the new walls have to be lightened up a tad because they clash with everything whether you want to admit it or not.

Unless you plan on darkening slabs, cobble, bar fence, house walls, etc....then sure go ahead.

Edited by Protunia

He should have added them as a new wall type not change peoples deed so nothing matches in color.

Actually, before they got the marble looking style of magical white stone they were dark, so its only changed back to its original colour.

• Like 2

Actually, before they got the marble looking style of magical white stone they were dark, so its only changed back to its original colour.

they were not that dark like these new walls I remember them.

Edited by Protunia

Let's have the graphics faithful to the materials when we can. As said a thousand times already, these walls are made out of unworked chunks of rock. I totally understand a desire for the spiffy looking model, but that model belongs to a future low stone wall that would require bricks to make.

And would you also say, that it's perfectly realistic for something to suddenly change into something else for no reason at all?

I don't spend months building deed(s) just to see their aesthetics trashed by some random update expecting to devote another bunch of months just to fix the mess.

+1 or +100000000 may as well this be. And give me my old low stone walls back.

Edited by Aldur

And would you also say, that it's perfectly realistic for something to suddenly change into something else for no reason at all?

I don't spend months building deed(s) just to see their aesthetics trashed by some random update expecting to devote another bunch of months just to fix the mess.

+1 or +100000000 may as well this be. And give me my old low stone walls back.

exactly 100% right.

Like I said these should have been added as new walls to expand the game and give players choices not forced on people and their deeds design.

for the amount of walls I have it would take months of bashing to remodel this unneeded change to low stone walls.

Edited by Protunia

Dude...

Already suggested

http://forum.wurmonl...up-to-anything/

Those stones are on Unstable for over a month, the loading screen already has screenshots of these walls, how did you not notice this before?

Most of what's being said here was already said on that thread, and Saruman let on that he might change things.

they were not that dark like these new walls I remember them.

Actually they were as dark or darker, but more gray and black, instead of brownish:

wurm201006200313.jpg

Edited by ReaverKane

Dude...

Already suggested

http://forum.wurmonl...up-to-anything/

Those stones are on Unstable for over a month, the loading screen already has screenshots of these walls, how did you not notice this before?

Most of what's being said here was already said on that thread, and Saruman let on that he might change things.

Actually they were as dark or darker, but more gray and black, instead of brownish:

wurm201006200313.jpg

they look darker to me and compared to the rest of the changes we had since that time with walls a lot darker.

fZmyW.jpg

For the record, I do :)

I'll be happy to consider replacing all my low stone walls with low brick ones if I prefer the model. Great idea.

I like the new model, looks appropriate. Maybe it's a touch dark. What would be awesome is different rock types so you could choose how dark or light your stone walls were... but I'm sure that's a long way off :)