Sign in to follow this  
Thorakkanath

Oakheart Shores Academy

oakheart_shores.jpg

Oakheart Shores – where people can learn in peace and safety

This deed wants to be a beginner academy for friendly and open people joining the game. It will not restrict citizens by gender, religion, timezone or how often they log in. All we want is a group of people willing to learn, enjoy themselves and (necessary) speak English.

The deed is located on the topmost island of Celebration, the Cherrywood Isle (BD-58 coordinates on http://noizeviolation.com/wurm/CelebL.png). Being an island has its advantages and disadvantages – but best of them all, it is less traveled. The deed is on the south side of the island on the waterfront. Main entrance is located east, making a connection to the (only) highway that connects the north and south sides of the island. There are deeds nearby, mostly friendly people though, but nothing very close so you can still have your privacy. The deed itself is walled off and it has a maxed out guard tower, meaning you are always safe inside the deed from creatures and have protection from the tower guards in the immediate surroundings outside the gate. All the infrastructure of the deed is already in place, so you will not have to worry about where to leave space open and where not. The Community Center Building (in the middle) has the basics already there (forge, oven, large anvil, BSB, table, bed, coffin, large barrel) and it has a well to provide continuous water. It also has a mine with 3 iron veins and a forge - and pairing that with the forest just outside the back entrance (next to the mine) gives you access to all basic resources. The owners of the deed live on the north side of the island so when in need, all it takes is a 5 minute trip to solve any problem you might have (plus, you can always chat with them when they’re online via alliance chat). The possible lots that you can choose from (see below) where thoroughly thought through and are virgin, leaving you the opportunity and chance to modify them as you wish (see rules). All in all the owners will try to help you as much as they can (or within their available time) with advices or some materials (like meals or resources not found in the immediate area). The purpose though is for you to have a good start in the game and give you the opportunity to develop your skills without needing to “start from nothingâ€, without the constant danger of creatures and in a community that just makes everything more fun :).

If you are interested in joining Oakheart Shores, please post a reply below with a little info about yourself and what lot are you interested in (see below) or send a /tell in-game to either Vitrelle, Thorakkanath or Inspira. Within our available time we could come to scoop you up and give you a boat ride to the island, if not you’ll just have to swim :).

oakheart_shores_1.jpg

Rules:

· On your lot you can do anything you want as long as you don’t step on someone else’s toes

· Existing roads and fences are not to be modified or destroyed without prior discussion with Thorakkanath, Inspira or Vitrelle

· All trees on your chosen lots can be cut down with the exception of oaks, those have to remain

· On the back of the deed in the perimeter – there is a forest, you can cut down those trees if you need wood, but please always replant what you cut down

· Try to help each other, everyone is a beginner and together you can learn easier the game (and it’s more fun too!) – maybe someone goes into mining and tool making for everyone else, someone else does farming, etc. – the possibilities are endless

· Be polite and respectful, this is a game that people play to relax, not to hear drama

· We reserve the right to kick and KoS anyone that obviously does not let others enjoy themselves in the game (and also for long periods of inactivity without letting us know in advance)

· If you work together you could even start your own farm outside the deed borders and inside the perimeter (blue line) – but you will need to terraform the ground and build fences and locked gates to protect your crops from intruders and animals

· You are allowed to use, but not build or modify the community areas, these will be done either by or together with the owners

· Lastly, these rules are meant not to restrict, but to insure a nice and peaceful atmosphere where everyone (hopefully) will enjoy themselves and the game J

· The special rule: well, this is no rule :D, but a deed does cost silvers to keep up, so if you wish to support us in our efforts, please send us a message, you will try to get you something nice if you do so – we promise! :D

Available lots

In the image: the blue line means perimeter border, red line deed border where there are no fences built up

oakheart_shores.png

Lot A

lot_A.jpg

· Second biggest lot: (9x7) 63 tiles

· EXTENSIVE terraforming needed (must love to dig!)

· Pretty secluded

· No scenery

· Probably good for: someone that likes to live in a forest

Lot B

lot_B.jpg

· Biggest lot of them all: (5x8 + 3x4 + 4x3) 64 tiles

· Medium-large terraforming necessary

· Next to the mine and to the main gate

· Very long and somewhat fragmented lot

· Next to one of the community areas and guard tower

· Probably good for: someone that likes to try out farming

Lot C

lot_C.jpg

· Third biggest lot: (9x4+5x3) 51 tiles

· EXTENSIVE terraforming needed

· Next to the center

· View over the water and all community areas

· Can suit a wide variety of people (that like to interact)

Lot D

lot_D.jpg

· Fifth lot in size: (7x5) 35 tiles

· Very little terraforming necessary

· View over the water

· Probably good for: someone that does not play very frequently

Lot E

lot_E.jpg

· Fourth lot in size: (7x6) 42 tiles – effective 7x5 – 35 tiles

· Partly in water, a medium-large amount of terraforming necessary

· Unrestricted waterfront lot, great scenery

· Good for someone that wants to have a property right on the shore (shipbuilding?)

· Could be extended in the perimeter, although no deed or decay protection!

Lot F

lot_F.jpg

· Smallest lot in size: (4x7+2) – 30 tiles

· BEST location

· No terraforming necessary

· Superb view from above on the water and distant lands

· Close to one community area and to the Community Center building (above)

· Probably good for: someone that does not need a lot of room and can use space efficienty

Hope to see you around!

Thorakkanath

Edited by Thorakkanath

Hello,

I am an engineering student from Hamburg, Germany and i have just started playing this game 3 days ago as a frelo. So far i got myself a little shack near the Tap Dance public mine and my plans were to get mining and carpentry related skills to 20 as fast as possible (around 5-10 now). I dont have any premium time and i don't intend to buy some unless i get near 20 with the majority of my skills. But what i do have is time, as a passionate gamer I play at least an hour each day, rather more, so I may reach my skillcaps early. Now i discovered this post and I am a bit puzzled about the fact that no one responded so far. I'd love to take care of any of the lots (except "E"), become a miner/blacksmith and supply the village with tools or something else. Nevertheless I do have some questions: Is being Premium a requirement? Will the deed upkeep be shared among the deed citizens?

My ingame name is the same as in the forums, but please contact me here, i would appreciate the possibility to join the Oakheart Shores.

Given a positive answer, I'll grab my most valuable stuff and make my way up to Necrotic Outpost to see if i can reach the cherrywood isle without drowning (I don't think so ;))

Sincerely,

Tiringal

Hello!

Thank you for replying!

Yes indeed I am a bit puzzled about why no one posted anything yet, but I do believe that beginners will try to find something ingame first and not really look through the forums.

To respond to your questions:

• you do not need premium to join - we really want to have this as a starting place - if you get premium later on thats up to you :)
  • We will take care of the deed upkeep, you are not REQUIRED to participate in the upkeep ;)

Once the servers open, we have the time right now to pick you up from tap dance if youre sure you want to join.

Regards,

Thorakkanath

Hello!

I'm a new-old player, I've played the game on and off several times, twice in settlements, few attempts on my own (never as fun), and once living secluded with a friend of mine.

Started before the server integration, when we were all thrown into the game with little to no guidance available (good old times eh?) :)

Anyway, I'm mostly interested in joining this community due to the fact that you wish to be an academy for new players, and in all honesty I still need to learn a bit, but I also wish to contribute when it comes to the real new players that might show up in the future ^^

If possible, lot "E" would actually be the one I'd prefer (although I'd like to actually have a closer look at the community in-game before making any final statements). I've been interested in ship building for a loooong time but never had a chance to try it out, my community lots have been too far from water or I just haven't been able to set things up on my own.

Of course I realize it'd take a while to get everything up and running there but hopefully, working with the community will make it much easier :)

My current in-game name is Jibbles, I wanted a fresh start when I started again, just using my old forum account.

Obviously while I get my place up and running, as I build up my carpentry skill for the ship building (and obviously the forging that's needed) and the housing, I will of course help out with the carpentry tasks I find available around the community! If I ever decide to leave the deed I'll make sure the keys are delivered to one of the deed owners so you can pass the lot on to a new recruit.

I apologize if my application was a bit messy, I just woke up so... what to do? :) If you want more information just let me know, I realize I left out my RL info but I didn't want to make this a longer wall of text than it already is.

Thanks in advance!

Jibbles

Edited by Tenryu

Hello!

thanks for your application! I am currenty on a 2 day work marathon (checking student assignments :)) but I will definately try to contact you in-game most likely Friday evening (Central Europe TIme) if you will be on there.

Thanks again and have a nice evening!

Thorakkanath

I'll try to be online around 18.00 GMT+1 and stay online from that point until you're able to reach me :) If I don't respond right away I'm most likely just afk for a while since I will be busy most of the evening today. I'll most likely respond within 20 minutes of a message if I am afk though, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal I hope.

Thanks for your reply, have a nice day and I'll most likely talk to you later on in-game :)

Jibbles

EDIT: I might log on earlier so there's no harm in checking whenever you're on really ;) I'll try to send you a PM when I log on as well.

Edited by Tenryu

Well I was here starting with 19:00 but I will have to go soon, maybe you will be on this night?

Thorakkanath

As the original owner of Oakheart Shores I think it's awesome what Thorakkanath is doing with the deed. The community on Cherrywood Island is amazing and made my stay in Wurm awesome.

• Like 1

Sorry Thorakkanath! :(

Was unable to log on at all yesterday >.< Got an unexpected deadline that I had to start working on, it's due tomorrow so I won't be logging on today either, however I will be online (or refreshing this page frequently) most of the day tomorrow!

I apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we can work it out before the weekend is over.

Hi. I spoke to Thorakkanath in game. I just started Dec 4th. I'm not sure how I missed hearing about this game since I love sandbox over theme. I'm having a lot of fun learning how to make things. I've played a lot of games in the last number of years, but Star Wars Galaxies was my first MMO. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play the good version of the game (except in the emu), but I had a lot of fun. I'm 42, and *gasp* a real female gamer! I'm an accountant who works at home, so I have a lot of weird playtimes. I've also developed insomnia lately although that could be because Baldur's Gate Enhanced came out :)

I'm looking forward to trying everything I can in the game except PvP. Plot F looks good for me.

Hi,

I'm a 35 year old Engineer from Denmark. I've been through several MMOs over the last decades, but lately I've become more and more interested in crafting, building and creating instead of fighting. I've been aware of Wurm Online for quite some time, and last evening I finally decided to try it - and it really got me exited about the game.

I'm really just looking for a safe place to hang out and learn the basics, gain some knowledge of the game and learn from experienced players. Let me know if that seems viable in your village :-)

Hello!

thanks for your interest in our beginner academy! :)

If you can be today online at Tap Dance Market around 6pm your time then i can pick you up and sail you to the deed.

Hi,

I got introduced to Wurm a few years back but could not continue because I had no where to be. But now I'm back and my interest has yet again risen. I'm pretty new to Wurm but not too uncomfortable when it comes to crafting, building and creating things. I hope this could be a good place for me to get started and get more involved with Wurm.

-Kart

Hi,

I'm a 36 year old ingeneer from the north of france. I've play a lot of MMO since Ultima more than 10 year ago.

I left my minecraft server since a month and was searching for that kind of open game. I fall on WURM last week and it's look very interesting.

Your little community is exactly was i looking for, open for beginer and with mature players. I'd be glad to join you.

I'm interest in blacksmithing, carpentry and farming in that's order but can do whatever you need. The C and D plot seems to be the best for that.

See you in game

Myoto

please disregard this post. i will not be useing soraslight, she is a dead avie. thank you

Edited by huntgrem

Is this still available? even if its late back november :\ , I really want/need a place as awesome as this to stay :)