Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmstatus - Tool Showing Server Status Information

This is a .NET framework error message. Seems there is some problem with the default fonts on your machine. Maybe you deleted or uninstalled some of the standard fonts by incident?

I've never touched em but cant say some piece of software didnt do something. I ran that system check that does /scannow and it came up with no changes needed. Any idea how I find out? Or how to reinstall them just in case? I guess its something new to google atleast.

It is also likely, that the font which is causing this issue, is still there but was modified on the machine and now is incompatible with certain argument of this method (likely System.Drawing.FontStyle). Best idea would be to find out, which fonts are used by the app and then copying them from another pc, that doesn't throw this error -or- trying to find their default versions for your windows on the web and replace.

Edited by Aldur

Besides the system default ("Microsoft Sans Serif"), WurmStatus only uses plain "Arial".

I dont exactly know which font it was but I found a website that showed me how to get and install all the default fonts manually and it worked! Thanks!

Any chance this can be ported to java, so its cross platform? tried it in wine and in mono and its a no-go =P

Any chance this can be ported to java, so its cross platform? tried it in wine and in mono and its a no-go =P

The program is written in C# using .NET 4.5. So there is no easy porting to Java - it would have to be rewritten. Sorry, but it's a Windows program,

The program is written in C# using .NET 4.5. So there is no easy porting to Java - it would have to be rewritten. Sorry, but it's a Windows program,

fair enough, anyway of making it compatible with mono then?

Just fyi, your wurmclock works perfect under wine. Sometimes I get a little black in the background, i assume its part of the transparent masking used in the gui, but other than that, no worries, works great =D.

Edited by phreekbird

Maybe Mono then? B)

Mono, eh? :)

Ok, I'll have a look at it, guys!

Minor update (Refresh date was not updated when all servers were down). Version 1.11

Not that it really matters to me, but Elevation and Desertion have been showing as offline for me for weeks now, but with a player count. At the same time Serenity and Affliction show as online but do not have a player count. Checking the forums it looks like they are all online so I'm not sure what is going on. I play on Release so as I said it really doesn't matter to me but who knows when this problem could start afflicting other servers.

Thanks, Lokitia. Seems that the server clocks on those 2 servers are considerably off (more than 8 seconds). I adjusted the program settings - should be OK now.

UPDATED (Version 1.1.2).

Thanks, Lokitia. Seems that the server clocks on those 2 servers are considerably off (more than 8 seconds). I adjusted the program settings - should be OK now.

UPDATED (Version 1.1.2).

Its still like that and now all 4 of the epic servers are like that but 2 of them ele and desert are showing offline

6/30/2013 1:31:44 PM -- Golden Valley: Up and running

6/30/2013 1:31:44 PM -- Independence: Up and running

6/30/2013 1:31:45 PM -- Deliverance: Up and running

6/30/2013 1:31:45 PM -- Exodus: Up and running

6/30/2013 1:31:45 PM -- Celebration: Up and running

6/30/2013 1:31:45 PM -- Pristine: Up and running

6/30/2013 1:31:45 PM -- Release: Up and running

6/30/2013 1:31:46 PM -- Chaos: Up and running

6/30/2013 1:31:46 PM -- Serenity: Up and running 0/0

6/30/2013 1:31:46 PM -- Affliction: Up and running 0/0
Edited by Empress

Yes, I noticed this problem.

It is due to the mechanism the program uses to determine if a server is "logically" offline, i.e. not updated anymore. This is usually true if the game is not running on that server, and can be determined by checking the latest server update time. For most of the servers this time stamp is only seconds away from the actual time, but for the Epic servers the clock seems to be slower and slower :(  Their update time is now many minutes behind the actual time, so "WurmStatus" wrongly assumes that they are offline.

Of course, this problem can be overcome by checking the number of players on the servers. I'll look into the source code and will try to come up with a new solution. Keep an eye out for the next update. :)

Fixed a little glitch. Updated (v 1.1.4)

Please check the host for Serenity and Elevation - Ser just dropped, but the tool shows Ele down.  Could they be reversed ?

You are right: there is a bug in this version, which I noticed only yesterday. (Sorry about that.)

I'm working on an updated version right now, with a new and better mechanism to read and analyse the server status pages. Hope to have it ready in a few days.

Updated (v2.0.0)

I tried to implement a more efficient mechanism to parse the official status pages. Also changed the way player counts are determined (they should be correct now).

Fixed a bug in version 1.1.4 where the player count for each server was displayed in the wrong table row.

Couldn't run tests with servers shutting down and rebooting yet, so there still might be some bugs present. Hope to be able to test that soon. Please give me a shout if you find something is wrong.

New update. V2.0.2 is fully functional and appears to be the most stable version so far!