Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmstatus - Tool Showing Server Status Information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE: WurmStatus V3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While working on WurmClock I needed a little tool showing the status and in-game time of all Wurm servers at the same time at a glance. So I made this little program;

zS5XK4l.png

The program (called WurmStatus) was tested on Microsoft Windows 10, 8, Vista and 7 and needs the latest .NET Framework, which should already be present on your computer.

The status display is refreshed every minute. You may also force a refresh by clicking on the "Refresh" button.

The little "light" symbol in front of the server name shows whether the server is online and the status has recently been updated by Code Club AB (green light) or offline/not updated (red light). The data in each line is taken from the official status URLs. The status column is green if the server status says "Online", yellow if the server is currently shutting down and red if the server is down. If the status is yellow you may hover your mouse pointer over the server name to see the time left until shutdown.

You can download the tool here:

WurmStatus 3.1.5

Just unpack the ZIP file to any folder you like and run WurmStatus.exe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check my other tools: WurmClock, WurmDate,  WurmSkills , DPMapAssist
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
Updates:

Spoiler

V0.4: Changed the refresh rate to 1 minute (by request of the Wurm team)
V0.5: Fixed several minor bugs
V0.6: Some enhancements to the program logic and GUI
V0.7: Trying a new GUI look
V1.0: Official release
V1.01: Minor improvement
V1.02: Fixed a bug (Program freeze if server not responsive)
V1.03: Added a "Minimize" button
V1.04: Minor bug fix
V1.10: Added new servers (Pristine and Release)
V1.11: Minor update (Refresh date was not updated when all servers were down)
V1.12: Minor update (Increased maximum time difference for Elevation and Desertion)
V1.13: Minor update (Changed mechanism to determine if server is offline)
V1.14: Just another minor update :)
V2.00: Changed the parsing mechanism for status pages; Fixed a bug with player counts
V2.01: Fixed some minor glitches
V2.02: Some final polishing
V2.04: Updated status server URLs for Pristine and Release (after Wurm 1.2 relaunch)
V2.05: Added new Epic server addresses
V2.06: Added number of players to logfile information
V2.07: Added Xanadu
V2.08: Added Storm ("Challenge")
V2.09: Modification due to Wurm Online status changes - Epic servers now combined as "Epic cluster"

V3.0.0: Header now shows wind information; WurmStatus will now automatically check for updates; XML status files are now used instead of HTML files

V3.0.1: Fixed random crash when trying to access xml data

V3.0.2: URLs updated

V3.0.3: Added Jackal

V3.0.4: Updated status server URL for Celebration

V3.0.5: Updated status server URL for Celebration and Xanadu

V3.0.6: Added Harmony and Defiance

V3.0.7: Added Haven

V3.0.8: Added Melody

V3.1.0: Added list structure for better reading

V3.1.1: Removed flickering at data refresh

V3.1.2: Added Cadence

V3.1.3: Updated URL for Independence

V3.1.4: Bug fixing

V3.1.5: Another bug fixing

• Like 9

Says it can't work on XP-32. Maybe 64-only program? Good work though :)

Updated: Version 0.5 (fixed several minor bugs)

I have a few modifications I would like to make to it for my own personal use. Think you could send me the source?

I have a few modifications I would like to make to it for my own personal use. Think you could send me the source?

I'll PM you.

Update: Fixed a bug (Program freeze if server not responsive)

Great tool, working fine here. Can you eventually make it minimizable by clicking ?

Maybe you can work together with the creator of the wurm clock to combine the two?

Edit: I feel stupid. you are the creator of the wurm clock. On the other hand, the suggestion still stands...combine the two into one tool? :D

Edited by meiyeeer

This tool turned out very useful today. :)

Also seems to run fine on .NET 4.0

Doesnt start on my system. Flashes into memory and evaporates. Tried admin and tried compatable back to xp pack 2. Running on a windows 7 64bit.

Great idea though. Be nice to have it work. :)

Doesnt start on my system. Flashes into memory and evaporates. Tried admin and tried compatable back to xp pack 2. Running on a windows 7 64bit.

Great idea though. Be nice to have it work. :)

This is strange! I'm sorry that the program doesn't work on your machine, and I don't understand why. In fact, the program was developed (and tested) on a windows 7 64-bit system, so it definitely should run. Maybe you have an issue with the .NET framework? You could try to reinstall .NET. Other than that I have no clue, unfortunately.

Maybe you can work together with the creator of the wurm clock to combine the two?

Edit: I feel stupid. you are the creator of the wurm clock. On the other hand, the suggestion still stands...combine the two into one tool? :D

:)

Interesting idea. I'm not quite sure how to do that, 'cause the clock is a nice and small application and I'm a bit reluctant to increase its size considerably by adding server info. Let me think about it.

I think it would be enough to track one/two chosen servers, in form of just an "online" icon placed somewhere on the clock (and maybe player count). I don't think many players play on more than 2 servers. :) And the full server status could be launched via right-click menu or a global keybind. I was actually thinking of adding that to assistant but it fits your clock much much better. :)

Yah its wierd. The other wurm tool "WurmHelper" doesnt run either. The creator there was able to get a basic Hello World version to work ONCE and not since. His runs WerFault for half a second but no output even though he put log code in his. So I have no idea. Ive been researching it for a while this morning and cant find anything from google about .NET programs not launching, .NET 3.5 etc.

I have one other bug on my system too. Firefox will crash when I use the back button. That is 'documented' on the bugzilla site for firefox but only one other person has had it months ago and its still unconfirmed. Even though it happens for me multiple times a day every day lol.

I tried disabling and re-enabling .NET 3.5 in the program manager but the problem is you cant actually do that, just the two options under it. .NET 3.5 itself has no entry. It just shows a grey box which may or may not be doing anything.

I ran the .NET verifier and it veried both 3.5 SP1 and the full 4.

So I have no idea.

My system also has this thing where every half hour to an hour randomly the mouse will jitter and the keyboard will respond slowly. I thought maybe virus but I have checked several times and on top of that I found a reference to it on google being a certain mouse driver issue in Windows 7 itself. 3 people claimed it was unfixable, one person claimed it was fixable by a certain tweak. I did the tweak and it fixed it for a while but now its back and the tweak is still there.

So I have no idea.

Guess I'll keep banging my head against the screen lol.

I forgot to mention this earlier. When servers were down, I've noticed refresh button locking the program for extended periods of time.

Thanks, Aldur. I noticed that too :). Should be fixed with the latest update.

• Like 1

:)

Interesting idea. I'm not quite sure how to do that, 'cause the clock is a nice and small application and I'm a bit reluctant to increase its size considerably by adding server info. Let me think about it.

perhaps just some way to set the server(s) you want to track, and have it show up on mouseover on the clock?

Updated to add the new servers: Pristine and Release.

I dont know if you can help. I'm hoping since your a programmer you can help me decipher this better. This is the error I get from windows from the WerFault system program. :

Faulting application name: WurmStatus.exe, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x50d47741

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17965, time stamp: 0x506dbe50

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c41f

Faulting process id: 0x22f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cde14d499d81e4

Faulting application path: C:\Users\David\Downloads\WurmStatus110\WurmStatus.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 875280fd-4d40-11e2-b251-6c626d83b141

---

Application: WurmStatus.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

Stack:

at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.Drawing.FontFamily, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)

at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle)

at WurmStatus.frmMain..ctor()

at WurmStatus.Program.Main()

---

BTW! This is the error I get for the WurmHelper program:

Faulting application name: WurmHelper.exe, version: 0.1.2.0, time stamp: 0x50c2b9f0

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17965, time stamp: 0x506dbe50

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c41f

Faulting process id: 0x2890

Faulting application start time: 0x01cde148cecd0ecf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonu-Coolboy\WurmHelper\WurmHelper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 0c98555b-4d3c-11e2-b251-6c626d83b141

---

Application: WurmHelper.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

Stack:

at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.Drawing.FontFamily, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)

at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte)

at WurmHelper.Form1.InitializeComponent()

at WurmHelper.Form1..ctor()

at WurmHelper.Program.Main()

----

So I guess maybe you guys are not doing something with the NativeFont thing that my system is expecting?