Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmstatus - Tool Showing Server Status Information

Any chance making this as an android app? :)

Not in the near future, I'm afraid. :(

(I'd love to have it on Android, but would have to port it from .NET to Java and then learn how to code apps ;) )

Updated!

(Had to update due to changes in status server URLs after Wurm 1.2 relaunch. Epic servers still missing - have to find out the new URLs first.)

We need the new URL's for the Wiki too ... will try to get them for you.

Well these two were easy ... same patten as the others

Pristine          Release

freedom005    freedom006

Still working on the Epic ones

You could use the IP addresses as a temporary URL (I'll be updating the wiki with them for now, until we can get the real ones)

Elevation : http://148.251.21.201

Serenity : http://148.251.21.202

Desertion : http://148.251.21.203

Affliction : http://148.251.21.204

I have the Epic URL's for you now for the next update.

Elevation elevation.wurmonline.com 148.251.21.201
Affliction affliction.wurmonline.com 148.251.21.204
Desertion desertion.wurmonline.com 148.251.21.203
Serenity serenity.wurmonline.com 148.251.21.202

• Like 1

A few questions:
1) What .Net Language did you use ?
2) You can change what .Net framework the program will use in the setting (You can set is as low as .NET 2.0 if i remember correctly.)
3) Will the source be released  ?
4) Did you use JSON ?

Thanks.

Edited by dternity

A few questions:

1) What .Net Language did you use ?

2) You can change what .Net framework the program will use in the setting (You can set is as low as .NET 2.0 if i remember correctly.)

3) Will the source be released  ?

4) Did you use JSON ?

Thanks.

WurmStatus was written in C# and it requires .NET 4.5. No need to use JSON, but I made use of the "HTML Agility Pack" to access the HTML pages. I'm not planning to release the source code for my tools.

Doesn't run under XP, sadly - says it's not a valid Win32 app. I guess it's compiled as 64-bit only?

Doesn't run under XP, sadly - says it's not a valid Win32 app. I guess it's compiled as 64-bit only?

I just checked: it's compiled for "Any CPU". No idea why it doesn't run under XP. Do you have the latest .NET?

However, WurmStatus uses the HTMLAgility Pack - maybe that DLL has issues with outdated operating systems?

Any chance of adding Xanadu to the list Yaga ?

Any chance of adding Xanadu to the list Yaga ?

Sure. (Sorry for the delay!)

Updated!

Version 2.07 now has Xanadu!

• Like 1

May have an issue ... with the restart this morning, Xan is showing down / red, even though it's up.  (May have something to do with a change on the server ???)

It's working for me, Seara. Can you check again, please?

Yeah, it did turn green after Rolf did what-ever to connect the servers ... that might have had something to do with it.  I'll let you know on the next restart if I see the same issue.

Update 2.0.8: Server "Storm" ("Challenge") added.

Today's patch (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/119977-mine-door-fix/) apparently changed the status information of the Epic cluster.

- Epic cluster server web stats bugfix

As a result, as of today WurmStatus shows the Epic servers as "Unavailable". I have to analyze this problem and will try to find out what has been changed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update 2.0.9: Epic servers now combined as "Epic cluster" (due to recent changes made by CC devs).

Update 2.0.9: Epic servers now combined as "Epic cluster" (due to recent changes made by CC devs).

• Like 1

A few hints:

-Hardcode isnt good.

-Make one call instead of one for each server and servers status.

-You dont need to parse html(remove external dll), you can parse directly xml: http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/battles/stats.xml

-Multi-Threading is usefull in this case.

-Too much code for a simple task, make it dynamic.

- "Hardcoding": Dynamically processing the server list sounds like a good idea, at a first glance. However, the information WurmStatus needs unfortunately can only be found on the individual server status pages, which have unique URLs for each server. There is no consistent system in those URLs, so unfortunately there is no dynamic way to account for changes in the server list or for new servers - thus those URLs have to be hardcoded :(

- There are reasons for collecting status information from various sources (one of them being that I want to display server info even when the login server is down)

- The XML source doesn't contain all the relevant information needed. The list you suggest only contains the server names and the number of users on each server. WurmStatus, however, displays the last status message ("Shutting down in 5 minutes"), the server uptime, the server ingame time and the latest update timestamp.

- I don't see how multi-threading would make this tool more useful.

As for "Too much code...": Thank you for your opinion.

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

- "Hardcoding": Dynamically processing the server list sounds like a good idea, at a first glance. However, the information WurmStatus needs unfortunately can only be found on the individual server status pages, which have unique URLs for each server. There is no consistent system in those URLs, so unfortunately there is no dynamic way to account for changes in the server list or for new servers - thus those URLs have to be hardcoded :(

- There are reasons for collecting status information from various sources (one of them being that I want to display server info even when the login server is down)

- The XML source doesn't contain all the relevant information needed. The list you suggest only contains the server names and the number of users on each server. WurmStatus, however, displays the last status message ("Shutting down in 5 minutes"), the server uptime, the server ingame time and the latest update timestamp.

- I don't see how multi-threading would make this tool more useful.

As for "Too much code...": Thank you for your opinion.