Sign in to follow this  
cmiddlebrook

Any Use For Cloth Armor?

I'm getting my tailoring up and wondering if I should focus mainly on rugs (plus a few sails etc) or is there any demand for cloth armor? I've seen in the marketplace the odd rare piece being sold but most people seem to go for leather or chain from what I can see. Do people actually use cloth armor? If so, why? :-)

One alliance mate of mine uses high QL cloth armor on their priest alt so that they have some armor, but are not encumbered by it. (Alt has little built up strength.)

Other than that, I don't know anyone who uses it myself.

Hi,

my digger alt usually is in QL 65 - 70 cloth armor. With a mount, sufficient FS and weapon skill this is not a major problem. It's rare that we meet monsters that cannot be killed this way.

But the light weight of cloth is a huge benefit when digging in high slopes :)

Have fun!

PS: We're making those ourselves and have yet to sell a single set of cloth armor - all those nOObs are in drake already ... ;-)))

thanks for the replies guys - I was also thinking along the lines of a set for alts that don't want the movement penalty. Think I'll make a set for my priest at least.

Cloth armour also makes excellent emergency bandages, same for satchels.

Edited by Keldun

A full set of cloth weight next to nothing, has no movement penalty and adds a chance for enemies to glance off.

That and high quality cloth armor is actually pretty decent (90ql cloth will nearly halve the damage you get compared to no armor). Also put aosp on it, creatures will do quite some damage to you and a lot of it will be reflected back to them with aosp. It's much more noticable than aosp in high quality chain for example.

Last thing is apparently if you wear heavy armor, your favor regen is slower. I think if you wear cloth, it will barely affect your favor regen (compared to no armor) but I'm not 100% sure about that.

• Like 2

Is cloth armour even using the rule of 70? I roll in 60ql cloth, and mobs still hit when they hit, the damage reduction is minimal

pvp->

put alt in 1ql high aosp armour, get guy to hit you

oh wait guy nearly killed himself from aosp wounds

That's excellent thanks, I also have a Vyn priest so yes any cloth I made would have AoSP :-)

That's excellent thanks, I also have a Vyn priest so yes any cloth I made would have AoSP :-)

Yeah, improve it as far as you can, get aosp as high as you can, wear a shield with that and you'll be solid. also since its light if the mob is too hard you'll run faster.

Cloth is slightly better than no armor, but of course, leather is always better than cloth.

Anyway the biggest selling point on tailoring is making sheets (for beds) and sails (which can be hard at first, so they sell nicely).

My Fo priest wore cloth armor for a long time and it really works well for Fo. You can take most things in it just as well as Studded (but trolls, green scorpion, and really nasty styff like that) I even tamed my Champ Croc in 80ql cloth and 70ql sheild.

The reason it works better for Fo is you have Oakshell you can cast on yourself when you are fighting the harder things ( like Champion Crocs).

I have my alts running around in the 40 ql cloth I make and it is better than nothing. The cave bugs do not hurt them as much and they can survive a fight with a spider with it.

Death.

Nah I heard really good ql cloth is worth getting in the right situations.

The reason it works better for Fo is you have Oakshell you can cast on yourself when you are fighting the harder things (like Champion Crocs).

Oakshell doesn't work through armour, not sure if cloth is exempt but I doubt it. So you'd only be using it on your face.

Visible cloth armour looks alot more fancy and civilised than armour too :)

• Like 3

Poolsclosed used to PvP in cloth, i remember he beat up two well known PvPers in cloth and they ran to a mine door.

Poolsclosed used to PvP in cloth, i remember he beat up two well known PvPers in cloth and they ran to a mine door.

'

i believe back then cloth had a retarded glance rate

For people wondering about the favor regen for armor: From my testing a while back, the gloves, sleeves, and boots do not interfere with favor regen amount at all. Only your helm, jacket and pants do, so for my priests I just keep them in chain with the small pieces on, and the helm, jacket, and pants in inventory ready for quick wearing.

• Like 1

Oakshell doesn't work through armour, not sure if cloth is exempt but I doubt it. So you'd only be using it on your face.

Other people said that too but my experience (charming crocs) tells me otherwise. I take a lot less dmage afer casting it on myself while wearing cloth haven't tried it with studded yet.

More cloth armor designs will be added in the future. Skirts, robes , jackets, capes(no armor only visual), pants and so on.

• Like 7