Sign in to follow this  
headhunter

Fish Bits

With the recent 'nerf' to fish filleting and the reason behind this is because the lost weight is now fish 'guts' why not give us them guts like we are given for animals?

Maybe making it so filleting gives the chance for two bits, Fish eye and Fish Guts, which can be used exactly the same as all the other animal bits but the Fish Guts can be used for taming.

Both would be potency 3 materials.

Smaller fish only give guts with 1 or 2 uses, like rat glands, while larger fish give a full 4 use guts.

It seems only logical with the recent change and the explanation behind it.

Edit: I'm not bias at all, I just think its compensates for the recent loss....Lol

Edited by Headhunter
  • Like 5

Indeed a bright idea ;)

since the shark would not have 70 filets anymore, at last compensate with "guts"

*wallowing around in fish guts*

*rubbing fish guts over my belly*

• Like 2

Folks.. if you like the idea of getting "guts" from fish, like we get "guts" from everything else we hunt please support the idea with a quick post.

Why??? :huh:

For lower skilled people, new Wurmian's and non combat players like myself, it will mean we can finally have access to HC ingredients without having to risk life and limb to do so. :D

I personally think this is pure Genious here HeadHunter. Well done mate!

I vote YES... and humbley suggest it be submitted to Rolf. :)

Warmest Regards! Hughmongus

The fish filet nerf thing bugs me.....I like this, but would rather just go back to how it was..... ^_^

The fish filet nerf thing bugs me.....I like this, but would rather just go back to how it was..... ^_^

Pretty much this.. and the fishing poles snapping rate still needs to be adjusted.

+1 as long as it follows same skilling as butchery that you have be skilled to get all the parts and sometimes you screw up and get jack. I personally use the guard for critter fishing so this is not much different. Fishing is dangerous though when you find a bear is in your favorite spot.

I presume use is for alchemy just like other critter bits?

What about cavier though, can I putz it on my crackers?

Edited by yarnevk

*wallowing around in fish guts*

*rubbing fish guts over my belly*

better than farmers salve, and the garlic offsets the smell. Though it should make you bear bait , luckily smell is not implemented into the AI.

Edited by yarnevk

Fishing is dangerous though when you find a bear is in your favorite spot.

lol...

As long as the guts and eyes aren't obtained every time (obviously, or else there would be little use hunting for/making healing cover ingredients) then this is a pretty solid idea. I also think the healing potency shouldn't be above 2, for balance purposes.

Edited by Draulius

Further nerf in the patch notes for the really big fish, apparently it was fixed amt missing guts now it is relative amt missing guts.