Sign in to follow this  
Raamkozijn

The Story Behind Project Repo (Fm Public Mine)

Warning! Big wall of text ahead, read at own risk!

The day of Wrath In week 4 of the Digging Starfall in the year of 1027.

As many of you may know, the Wurm has claimed victory on the Epic Cluster not long ago. Some lives were claimed, Faith among people lost.

Only a select amount of people know what happened after that…

After this victory on Epic, the Wurm decided to try and expand his influences further.

The Avatar of the Wurm had spawned, with 1 purpose: Rounding up an army to claim the lands of Independence for the arrival of the Wurm.

As it was meant to be a secret mission to keep the element of surprise, he had to find a nice and central place, one that’s not easy to access yet hidden in plain sight.

He chose the public mine of Freedom Market.

Desolate as the place was with its many pits, dropshafts and nearly unreachable areas, it would be the perfect place to ambush anyone who walked in to mine; it even had a perfect drop down upon entering, nobody would be able to run back to Freedom Market and yell for help.

Little did the Avatar know, Magranon sees everything that happens inside the mines.

Captainblackbeard, fear of the Inner Sea and Crystal Lake, and any water around it, was busy with his regular sermon when Magranon beckoned to him. Knowing this might be the only chance, He told Captainblackbeard about the Avatar of the Wurm inside the mines and ordered him to put an end to it by any means necessary. With the strength and might given by Magranon, he accepted the mission, rounded up a few of his best crew – Cerber and Smejack – and headed off to the mines.

When he finally arrived, he decided to sneak through the mine to orientate himself without being noticed; the last thing he could use was jumping into the unknown when he’d face the Avatar and his army.

Praying to Magranon to ask Him to lend His strength, he obtained the ability to become one with the rock as it were. Being a rock, it is hard to move, but that didn’t matter for this surveillance run; rather moving slow than being spotted and getting all the might of the Avatar of the Wurm over you.

It was clear why the Avatar used this mine as a base…

[media]http://youtu.be/8kJtQVYA-EM

Once outside again and turned back to his normal form, he went to Freedom Market and started praying to Magranon to ask for knowledge about his enemy, his weakness and things to watch out for.

Even Magranon did not know what to look out for, or how to defeat him in particular. He did notice that statuettes of Libila had an odd glow, an aura if you may, in odd shapes over them since the arrival of the Avatar. Lending Captainblackbeard the Sight of Magranon so Captainblackbeard could see the auras, His presence weakened again.

Cerber came up with a statuette of Libila, one he found a few days ago.

Closing his eyesto slits, Captainblackbeard noticed that the auras had a familiar shape.

Could it be…it resembled the demons and other vile creatures he spotted inside the mine right before he left it!

He wondered…what if those creatures were linked to statuettes of Libila scattered all across Independence? It was just a hunch, but surely it wouldn’t hurt testing this theory…

Crouching back inside the mine, he tried to count the creatures inside. 100…200…300..more?! It would be hard to see a difference, but he had to try. Running back to the altar at Freedom Market, he sacrificed the Libila statuette with Smejack on the lookout at the mine.

First thing he noticed was a loud scream coming from the mine. Smejack came running, explaining how she noticed one demon shrinking to the size of just a bit over an average Wurmian.

It worked! The demons seem to shrink and get weaker when the link with the Libila statuettes are broken!

With Smejack on the lookout, Captainblackbeard and Cerber decided to part ways and look for all the Libila statuettes. They would return back when they were all found.

Days go by, days turn into weeks.

Once Captainblackbeard and Cerber returned and dropped all the statuettes together, Captainblackbeard started praying to Magranon once again, this time to ask Him to lend him a specific ability: the ability to make visual clones of himself. Magranon approved, but with a warning: the ability is exhausting, and only lasts a bit over 3 minutes per cast.

With this knowledge, he went back to the mine to face the Avatar.

Pondering over strategic moves, he came to the conclusion that the best way would be to collapse the mine on the demons and the Avatar if possible, while not being noticed; good thing he got granted that cloning image ability.

Once inside, he formed several copies of himself on the other side of the mine, distracting the demons while he casted Strongwall on the tile with the small demon on it.

As the images slowly started to fade, Strongwall was a success! The shrunk demon is no more. Exhausted from the draining experience, he crouched back outside the mine and took a rest at the Market. After hours of resting, he knew that wasting any more time could mean a loss in this battle. Sacrificing the next statuette of Libila, he knew this would be a long, long battle.

This went on and on, over 200 demons were destroyed and tiles were collapsed.

Even freezing the whole world from time to time didn’t slow Captainblackbeard down, he kept on going. The Avatar knew it would be his defeat if he didn’t do something very soon. The Avatar, desperate as he was, decided to freeze the world once more while trying to find more creatures to recruit for his vastly shrinking army. That’s when he noticed all the champion creatures locked up everywhere; if the Wurmians are afraid enough to lock them up and too weak to kill them, they must be strong enough to slow Captainblackbeard down. He decided to set them free before once again unfreezing the world and continue the battle.

Little did the Avatar know, these champion creatures would not just abide to his will so easily. Instead of helping, they started to throw havoc all around Independence and further lands.

Causing an uproar among the people of Independence was a nice bonus, so he decided to keep the champion creatures roaming; it didn’t help him against Captainblackbeard and his crew, however.

Captainblackbeard kept on going, his perseverance clearly gained through Magranon’s influence inside the mine.

Another 180 demons were obliterated and tile collapsed in the process. There was not much room left for the Avatar to move; his size was too big to fit through the mine entrance with all the collapsed tiles!

As the Avatar of the Wurm proved too powerful to be trapped by a simple rock wall, and with only the Avatar left, Magranon decided this is the time to send an Avatar of Magranon to aid Captainblackbeard in trapping this avatar for once and for all!

The Avatar of Magranon summoned a dozen cave bugs to keep the Avatar of the Wurm busy, while he and Captainblackbeard – both temporarily granted with powers beyond imagination – started to cast a spell. The words chanted didn’t sound like anything Captainblackbeard had ever heard, yet he somehow knew what to chant.

After the chanting, a massive iron vein appeared where the Avatar of the Wurm was just a few seconds ago. It worked, the Avatar of the Wurm seemed defeated!

Looking around, Captainblackbeard knew what he had to do.

He collapsed the remaining tiles and mined a new tunnel. As tribute to the battle that was fought for the past 4.5 months, he made the big iron vein the centre of attention.

[media]http://youtu.be/mJ3BNxEGgxo

Special thanks go to Cerber and Smejack for contributing, and Kishar and Freyr for a few tricky bits. Thank you very much :)

Ps.

This is besides the numbers mostly fiction of course. The Avatar of the Wurm, the demons, Magranon granting odd powers, etc. :P

tl;dr

The public mine just north of Freedom Market is restored for better access and a more welcome atmosphere.

Edited by Raamkozijn
  • Like 5

Finding iron is pretty much a must when starting wurm, thankyou Raamy for making the public mine a much more safe place and not such an eyesore :wub:

Nice one! I've seen that mine multiple times and it was a complete wreck! Now it looks beautiful and attractive in its own cave-y way. Hope it stays like this!

Edited by Headhunter

Now if he could do something about certain troll farms... <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a sad day yesterday when I saw that my Troll Mound in the horse pen, after a couple of years has finally exhausted itself and gone to Vynora :(

Tease her for her hairstyle. Wurmians love teasing others for their hairstyles!

• Like 1

Tease her for her hairstyle. Wurmians love teasing others for their hairstyles!

Naw.. i'll just go back to yelling "SME!!!" everytime I see her lol

By the way.. when I get back to Inde... both of you need to swing by.. any surviving wine should be in the 40ql range at least lol (I'll save some for Hunter as well, I still owe him for the help with a couple of trolls that stopped in for lunch)

Edited by Hussars

It was a sad day yesterday when I saw that my Troll Mound in the horse pen, after a couple of years has finally exhausted itself and gone to Vynora :(

You should move to my deed on celebration, theres 2 troll mounds within 5 tiles of my deed and a third one about 30 tiles away.

Well done! Sounds like it was a lot work, but it looks great now :D

i can't even believe you managed to get it done so fast:O

well worked and well done my friendly neighbor:)