Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Bulk Items, Global Ignore, Creature Movement

• Bulk items should now have basic theft prevention
  • Setting positive reputation should now properly remove the player from being attacked by settlement guards
  • /ignore <playername> should now work for global kingdom chat
  • Creatures should now move out from most of their stuck positions
  • Hell horse speed and fight skill gain were tweaked
  • Performing actions on creatures while they die no longer should lock up the item and action timer
  • Long action timers such as mining were tweaked downwards

View the full article

• Bulk items should now have basic theft prevention

No one seems to have a clue what this is about, because bulk items always had full theft protection, simply because there was no steal option on bins.

Does this mean they are now down to basic protection? However the top is worded like theft protection was added, not removed.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 2

There was a bug that basically allowed you to take control of items in a bsb/fsb.

Long action timers such as mining were tweaked downwards

so mining takes less time now? is that what this line means?

Mining is a little bit faster now but gives horrible skill gain. 45 mining, usually it took me 19,8 seconds and gave me 0,130 with a 60 coc pickaxe, now its 15,8 seconds and 0,0600

Edited by bluemoonn

No one seems to have a clue what this is about, because bulk items always had full theft protection, simply because there was no steal option on bins.

Does this mean they are now down to basic protection? However the top is worded like theft protection was added, not removed.

Aye hopefully this means that bulk items now function under the Thievery system.

Mining is a little bit faster now but gives horrible skill gain. 45 mining, usually it took me 19,8 seconds and gave me 0,130 with a 60 coc pickaxe, now its 15,8 seconds and 0,0600

You have some weird values there, I have 46 mining 70ql pick, no enchants. before patch: 19,2s, 0,00475 skillgain. after patch: 13,3s 0,00336 skillgain. That's almost exactly the same.

Aye hopefully this means that bulk items now function under the Thievery system.

Some CA told me there apparently was a bug where you could drop one item into the bin and take the whole bulk item out. That is apparently what that top was about.

Rolf needs to have these changelogs reviewed by some PR guy, some of the statements are really confusing.

• Like 1

• Hell horse speed and fight skill gain were tweaked

Sigh, just my luck, knew this would happen.

I didn't smash lairs to gain fs like some did before that was nerfed so my overall fighting was somewhat lacking, this week I figured I'd do something about it and moved to the Celebration server because the hunting is much better - lots of folk from Chaos have traveled there and got 90fs in a reasonable amount of time primarily due to the abundance of Hell Horses (they are extremely rare on Chaos) - and suddenly before I can even gain 0,20fs from them it's nerfed :\

It didn't even seem that fast, obviously it was faster than hunting normal creatures, but I did it for around 1hr and gained 0,10fs or so, this is hunting on the biggest steppe in Wurm and using archery which makes it quicker (so not counting the time required to create/improve arrows) - if anything hunting should always be like this, especially now that realistically gaining it from PvP on Chaos is no longer an option.

Oh well, just another window of opportunity to add to the long list.

Edited by Gavin

I want to say that ... 2 months ago I found that it took 3 hours to gain 1 lvl of FS and I was low 70's in fs. Just an info tidbit.

Some CA told me there apparently was a bug where you could drop one item into the bin and take the whole bulk item out. That is apparently what that top was about.

Rolf needs to have these changelogs reviewed by some PR guy, some of the statements are really confusing.

Well Rolf is Swedish; though, Im not familar with how much emphasis the english language receives in that region. At any rate, as a native born english speaker I rarely see any noticeable telltale signs in Rolf's communications. Ive actually seen plenty of native speakers perform worse.

EDIT: For that matter we dont even know if these communications are directly from Rolf.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

wheres the bullet point for making enchanted grass pretty regular grass and wasting my months of grinding that skill for nothing? Or the bullet point that says that its temporary and will revert to normal grass after a given time.

any other hidden "features" that got missed with this useless update post?

Edited by ditters

Allright, that they turned to grass even with flowers was a bug introduced yesterday when I made them foragable.

The rate of packing due to grazing was overnerfed and will be reduced to 30% of the current situation next update.

Note that you're actually supposed to feed your animals manually (or keep fewer) and not be able to keep a large amount of enchanted grass tiles live. Enchanted grass was overpowered so to speak.

1. You made enchanted tiles forageable, but didn't tell us about it. Brilliant, how were we supposed to know that then?

This right here is why this entire forum section and the dev blog in general is utterly useless. Thanks for once again showing how much you care about informing us of changes Rolf. im super glad your vision of being able to get woad from enchanted grass was able to muck so many people out of their silvers.

Edited by ditters

Anyone know if now that you can collect random trash from enchanted grass the same thing applies to the enchanted trees? That would almost make it useful.

Edited by ditters

Anyone know if now that you can collect random trash from enchanted grass the same thing applies to the enchanted trees? That would almost make it useful.

Enchanted trees regardless of the original tree become just a generic tree. No harvested items and any unique properties such as with thorns are gone.

I was saying this when the deed lamp saga was going on. With each update people were getting more and more confused by ambiguous changelog notes. The highlight was when a PR assistant misunderstood them and was giving out bad information.

As an uneducated Brit I have every respect for multi-lingual people, but this really is something that could do with someone else doing a proof read and logic check before publishing.

Sign in to follow this