Sign in to follow this  
Maozorz

Guestbooks

Guestbooks. You can sign them and write what you want under your character name, but you can't change the name you sign in them with, so you can't fake someone else's name or make one up. And these can/should be dated.

It would be extra awesome as a 'collecting' thing, from the start I always wanted to collect enemy corpses as a trophy cabinet of sorts, this can be a kind of trophy cabinet for friends, kingdomers and perhaps even enemies alike.

EDIT: For a model, it's perhaps a book on a small end-table type thing, you right click and click 'open', or 'write' and 'read'. This would be really cool.

Comments?

Edited by Maozorz
  • Like 1

Sort of an autograph book, keeping a collection of all the cool people you've met. I like it, +1

• Like 1

I could see the use of this, you can keep track of a lot of things, for example borrowing, participation to events etc..

+1

• Like 1

This sounds a little pathetic.

You sound pathetic for just condemning this with no reason whatsoever. Killjoy.

Edited by Maozorz
  • Like 1

Sort of an autograph book, keeping a collection of all the cool people you've met. I like it, +1

This is exactly what I meant, lulianx adds to this and I think that would be awesome as well, but perhaps not exactly the same thing as the guestbook / autograph book.

Hmm, that's a fair point, you could have people sign for loans of gear/boats/money if you could make it GM enforcible, like a contract.

I like it on it's most basic level (no new rules, it's just a book where you write a message).

There's a dozen good ideas on how to use papyrus, and I think this would certainly be up there :) It's a shame that the devs (well, at least zcul) only see it as a by-product of thatched roofs rather than a promising development stream.

What about interactive pen and paper? using pen on paper opens up a message box with read and write privledges. (if possible, remove the backspace function!)

This would be rather cool as a deed token function. I would like to log in and see someone had been by and left a message.