Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Rate Of Enchanted Grass Packing Is Way Too High

I understand that animals eventually turning enchanted grass tiles into packed dirt is an intended feature (which I dislike btw. ;) ). However, now that this feature has obviously become operative, it can be seen that the rate of destruction is much too high. After all, enchanting grass tiles has a purpose: you are supposed to not having to worry about those tiles for quite a while. What's the use of enchanting if up to 3 tiles revert to packed dirt on a single day?

I am sure this must be a bug - I can't imagine it was meant that way. (I watched 4 enchanted grass tiles turn to packed dirt within 3 days, which is ridiculous.)

Please reduce the decay rate to a much lower value or enchantment will be useless.

• Like 7

i agree,right now enchanted grass lasts just as long as regular grass or crops

Hmm, I have 10 pens, 1x2 tiles wide, all enchanted grass, with 2 animals in each one, and none of them have become packed dirt. I wonder what the secret is?

+1 agree that the rate is about double what it should be. I have 20 grazing animals in a 88 tile pen full of enchanted grass and 3 tiles got packed in 2 days after the update.

We spend months getting the enchanted grass skill MONTHS and now we cant even keep up with the pack rate. (I am not a hoarder either i am using 2x2 pens for 2 horses and i still have trouble with it now)

Hmm, I have 10 pens, 1x2 tiles wide, all enchanted grass, with 2 animals in each one, and none of them have become packed dirt. I wonder what the secret is?

Well, I have noticed that the tiles pack in my horse and deer pens, but not in the cattle pen. And the cattle pen is the only pen that could be considered crowded. Seems Rolf is adjusting how much certain animals cause the packing.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 1

I haven't been on lately because I was busy, but popped on today to find about 6-7 enchanted grass tiles packed. This is entirely annoying since it takes 24 hours for you to even enchant another tile. This should be fixed right away, I am thoroughly displeased. All of the tiles are occupied by horses.

On top of the packed tiles, I'm finding tiles where the enchanted grass has turned into normal grass as well.

The entire purpose of enchanted grass was that it was supposed to be permanent.

Disease was supposed to deal with overcrowding.

So you nerf enchanted grass?

2 of us with ~15 horses each can't even keep up with the rate it's being destroyed.

I have 2x2 pens wit 1-2 tiles enchanted the other crops or grass and I have not had any packed yet ( Knock on wood). So it seems if given an option they will pack unenchanted tiles first. :mellow:

I do think the pack rate is too high from what I have seen of my neighbors pens with all enchanted grass but I am also sorta glad the one tile pen is no longer viable. Just as usual Rolf went too far in the adjustment. :rolleyes:

Yes, this is annoying. Sometimes I log in and find nothing packed, sometimes I log in and find 2 tiles packed. How are you supposed to keep up with it or even enchant a whole pen if you can only enchant one tile a day?

We reverted back to forever lamps on deed, lets go back to forever enchanted grass on deed too?

• Like 3

I noticed several days ago in a 2 day time period I lost 7 enchanted grass tiles and 1-2 per day the last couple since. So I would say something is wrong to lose about 10 or so in about a weeks time, considering you can't enchant that many in a week...

My horses/hell horses and deer are packing the tiles so its not just horses that do it, I don't have any cattle on enchanted grass so I can't say if they pack it too

Edited by Airwalkre
  • Like 1

I logged on today on Chaos and found TEN enchanted grass tiles gone in less than 24 hours.

The hell is this garbage?

• Like 3

The way i look at it we all take breaks from time to time and a lot of the players are mature players that play casually we need the enchanted grass to maintain our animals for these breaks from the game. Just like with all the holidays in the next few months many will be taking breaks and spending time with family and don't have time to come check on the pens every day. What is it hurting to keep the enchanted grass from being packed at all? It is not going to stop people from hoarding animals it is only hurting the long term/casual players that pay the bills to keep the game going.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Way abused feature, now its more reasonable. You shouldnt be able to keep hundreds of animals while inactive over long periods. It's good for the other casual and new players that they die and free up creature count if you are gone a long time.

Way abused feature, now its more reasonable. You shouldnt be able to keep hundreds of animals while inactive over long periods. It's good for the other casual and new players that they die and free up creature count if you are gone a long time.

Reasonable? I guess losing 8-10 tiles in a day when you can enchant only one per day is totally reasonable. Even an 18 tile pen with a whole huge herd of a whopping 4 animals lost 3 tiles in a day.

• Like 3

This is a truly ridiculous rate of packing. I have 1 animal per 4 tiles and i'm losing tiles everywhere. I have over 400 tiles of enchanted grass that are going away slowly every day,

16 enchanted tiles on my deed were either packed or reverted back to normal grass in less than 24 hours; some in enclosures that had no animals at all. This is absurd. Please fix it.

Reasonable? I guess losing 8-10 tiles in a day when you can enchant only one per day is totally reasonable. Even an 18 tile pen with a whole huge herd of a whopping 4 animals lost 3 tiles in a day.

Thats just temporary because up untill now, you were able to hoard huges amounts of enchanted tiles. Once it settles down to everyone having only a few tiles, decay will go down in absolute values.

Are you saying they've ramped up the packing so they want everyone to only have a few tiles? I'd like a dev to comment on this, not a speculator.