Sign in to follow this  
Manifestation

[Close Please]Harvestable Acorns

Simple suggestion that requires no new code :

Allow oak trees to be harvested for acorns once per wurm year (or any rate that can be tweaked if needed).

Chance for success and QL can be tied into your skills.

The tree has to be at a certain age.

Think of it like olives.

The concept is a simple addition (not removing the ability to botanize for acorns) that ads a nice dynamic to a harvestable. Much the same as farming strawberries, cotton etc etc.

The restrictions and seasons could be adjusted to avoid reducing the current value of acorns too much, and mass oak farms (not that this is such a bad thought any way).

Discuss!

Edited by Manifestation

+1

Also being able to plant multiple woads onto a tile and then be able to harvest them once a year.

i've been mulling over an idea to allow for "farming" of herbs specifically, but i've been starting to think lately that all these ideas are coming to mind because the entire foraging mechanic is flawed...cotton is redundant, strawberries have followed suit...the more of the foragables that we make farmable, the less we need the system in the first place.

I think maybe the answer is to take a step back from the approach in general and consider a way to restructure the process from its base...but I havent had any ideas in that area yet.

Read the forums or search. This was already suggested sooo many times. Last was about two weeks ago.

This post was actually written on behalf of someone else (*narrows eyes*) - next time I will endeavor to search the forums for any new concept first, my deepest apologies for my duplication. On that note however, perhaps duplication (accidentally) is a healthy way to remind the dev's what the people want.

This post was actually written on behalf of someone else (*narrows eyes*) - next time I will endeavor to search the forums for any new concept first, my deepest apologies for my duplication. On that note however, perhaps duplication (accidentally) is a healthy way to remind the dev's what the people want.

That's what the bump is for. Duplication only causes people to have to reiterate their reasoning regarding being for or against again, which is redundant. So often we get bad ideas that have to be shot down all over again simply because the person didn't read previous similar threads and realise the obvious flaw in their arguments.

P.s. this isn't one of those occasions - this is a good idea but it should still be confined to one thread to avoid clutter :)

...my deepest apologies for my duplication...

'Twas honestly an accident.

Delete / Close whenever an FM notices.