Sign in to follow this  
Raycg

World Of Tanks

I started this game not to long ago and love it, was wondering who els plays and can show me some good tactics.

as allways my name in that game is raycg, my favorite tank so far is the M18 Hellcat, top teirs are IS and lowe-(gift) but the IS i worked for :P

im not great but i still enjoy it!

Wow, game's downloading right now, looks like a great game. Do you have to pay for anything in it?

I love this game. Like wurm, it allows me to go afk at a drop of a hat. 15 min or less games are awesome.

Tactics? These just to many to cover. There are guides out there you can read.

A couple of Tips :

Research all countries strengths and weaknesses. Eg USA tank usually have think turret armor, powerful gun and weaker hull armor. German tank have very accurate guns, good for sniping.their armor bounces a lot of fire.

Always angle your hull at least 40 deg to enemy fire.

Don't fight solo. Work as a team. Use the strength of other tank classes. Eg light and medium tanks spot enemies for arty, tds and heavies. Use heavies as cover. U get my meaning though.

Only expose as much tank as needed. Hide behind building. Have your hull down below hills and structures where you can.

Pick a faction and stick to it. It is good to try some, but getting up to high tiers is where it's at.

Well I could go on....

Enjoy. It's a super fun game and a great time out from wurm.

Milo

You can pay nothing and still play but it's had to get ahead on exp point and cash without premium.

I love this game. Like wurm, it allows me to go afk at a drop of a hat. 15 min or less games are awesome.

Tactics? These just to many to cover. There are guides out there you can read.

A couple of Tips :

Research all countries strengths and weaknesses. Eg USA tank usually have think turret armor, powerful gun and weaker hull armor. German tank have very accurate guns, good for sniping.their armor bounces a lot of fire.

Always angle your hull at least 40 deg to enemy fire.

Don't fight solo. Work as a team. Use the strength of other tank classes. Eg light and medium tanks spot enemies for arty, tds and heavies. Use heavies as cover. U get my meaning though.

Only expose as much tank as needed. Hide behind building. Have your hull down below hills and structures where you can.

Pick a faction and stick to it. It is good to try some, but getting up to high tiers is where it's at.

Well I could go on....

Enjoy. It's a super fun game and a great time out from wurm.

Milo

sounds good, you just got to love the teams that dont listen at all and just go to one side of the map, but cant allways have the perfect team i guess. i like playing TD and heavy the most.

though i got to say the T-50 is alot of fun

Whatever playstyle suits you... personally I have just as much fun going treads-out-crazy in a light tank (ELC AMX wheeee!) as I do lurking in the bushes with my Stugie tank destroyer.

Some really loathe random matches; though, I find them to be a really demanding means of honing onseself. ...Plus its amusing to see people blame the rest of a team for their own failures.

Edited by Klaa

I love french tanks. At high tier, when they get speed and autoloader they are great for hit and run tactic.

You drive to enemy back, unload 6 bullets in his ass dealing hundred of damage, and if he is still alive, you run away before he turns his turret.

Downside if this is terrible armour (but you got some hp), and REALLY long reload time.

There are some terrible random matches, but it's the ones that go well that really make up for it.

My favourite tanks are the Patton and Fredi. Or, teaming up my T30 with my friends E100. Some of the best fun has been playing with clan mates, all running mediums and wolf packing.

WulfgarDK on WoT.

Played since mid september this year, highest tier tank is 6 because I struggle to focus on one tank, got a bunch to tier 5.

I have only done american tanks, and german and russian arty.

I usually do something different everytime I play the same map, because I find that most people just rush to some favorite spot and camp there, and I find that boring.

WulfgarDK on WoT.

Played since mid september this year, highest tier tank is 6 because I struggle to focus on one tank, got a bunch to tier 5.

I have only done american tanks, and german and russian arty.

I usually do something different everytime I play the same map, because I find that most people just rush to some favorite spot and camp there, and I find that boring.

Ahh Wulfgar we realy should play some games together. i have lots of T5 tanks too my fav T5 is the KV - 1 i do great with that tank.

Ahh Wulfgar we realy should play some games together. i have lots of T5 tanks too my fav T5 is the KV - 1 i do great with that tank.

That looks like that is not possible. I play on the EU server and you play on the US server I assume, since you don't exist when I search for you.

That looks like that is not possible. I play on the EU server and you play on the US server I assume, since you don't exist when I search for you.

ahh yeah that could be a major problem...well would have been fun

I love the game but the things that keep me playing Wurm and not WoT are twofold:

1. The grind is at times horrendous, gets very repetitive just playing the same tank over and over. I got screwed over by tech tree changes quite often too which were frustrating.

2. Lower tier tanks become useless as you get access to higher ones - would be nice if they were still useful even against "god tanks."

On a whole though the game is fun and it's the only first person shooter I've ever truly enjoyed or found different to the norm. Tank warfare is different and exciting opposed to your normal infantry games like COD. I wish it was more simulator than MMO grinder though.

I did also sometimes get exceptions to "reason 2" though, when those happened I had very very memorable moments. One time when I was playing as a Sturmpanzer II as artillery our team was seriously losing, I managed to take out three tanks with artillery and by that point it was only me left. I destroyed a further 2 tanks point blank with my last two shots and then raced across the map and managed to cap the flag just before the only remaining guy on the other team. I had 5x xp that day too, so I was chuffed when I did that :D

The other big thing for me was in a VK 3001H with the 88mm gun (my favourite tank+setup on the game.) I was being chased around a rock by a Ferdinand tank destroyer, but I was able to go quick enough around the rock to hit the back of him, turn around and then get chased the other way for the same thing to happen again. Went on for 5 minutes like that all whilst I managed to miraculously dodge artillery shells without the Ferdinand getting a single hit on me while I took out around half of his health. It was epic fun, the guy got so frustrated in chat too xD

Admittedly both those moments were a little flukeish, doesn't make them any less epic though :P

Am I doing something wrong? It is taking forever to get to tier 3 :P

if you don't have prem it does take a lot of time investment to move up. Try and hit as much as you can so you get more xp.

Admittedly both those moments were a little flukeish, doesn't make them any less epic though :P

But its moment like these that make me play World of Tanks still.

True, most of the random games really suck, but then after many crappy random games comes this epic game where you save the day and/or its epicly exciting.

I just finished a game on my SU-5 (Russian tier IV arty), where after killing 5 enemy tanks I was left alone on the map against an enemy tank destroyer that had killed 6 of my team mates. I had one shot left.

I hid in a bush next to my base, and the enemy tank arrived. I waited for it to circle around me, it saw me and fired, missed and I fired my last shot. BAM!

Battle: Murovanka 22. november 2012 23:11:47

Vehicle: SU-5

Experience received: 2.202 (x2 for the first victory each day)

Credits received: 23.844

Battle Achievements: Fadin's Medal, Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"