Sign in to follow this  
Jock

Own Kingdom Towers Destroy

Currently when you have your own kingdom tower in the way or wrong place there is nothing you can do.

[03:48:51] You are not allowed to destroy this tower.

Suggestion

Planned demolition

Right clicking a tower would give the option Plan demolition

This would give 1 week for other kingdom members to approve or block the plan once activated a global message to kingdom people with towers name and a message saying "player" has planned the demolition of tower "tower name".

Right click Approve demolition

Right click disapproved demolition

in 1 weeks time the most approval wins the right to or not to demolish.

• Like 3

Or better yet a yes or no button option that would pop up whenever they logged on until they vote, after which it wouldn't pop up. This would enable them to get info maybe about what is being done, and give them a reminder if they log off then on later that there is still a vote to take.

Basically I do not see any reason this should be allowed and it would be exploited to hell and back to remove towers.

It can be bashed on deed or by owner only.

And yes a tower can be in the wrong place, I have one on the perimeter between two deeds and it prevents me from building three other towers where I want them.

And the only way to take it down is to decrease one deed and expand the other, then put the borders back, which will cost about 20S in total for these deeds, if I can even contact the other mayor and convince him of this. The owner stopped playing.

Or wait for decay, which will take ages.

So yes a way to remove the tower, move it or replace it with another close by would be really helpfull.

It would help if you could "salvage" it or something so that towers in your perimeter, or closeby can switch owner to you.

Edited by Keldun

Prutunia, why do you have to be so negative on so many new ideas that people have?

Edited by Shrimpiie

Because hes conservative, against any kind of change. It's not an unusual reflex in humans.

Edited by Judicator
  • Like 1

-1 stop suggesting workarounds for broken/half-assed features.

-1 stop suggesting workarounds for broken/half-assed features.

isn't this how mist features are suggested? out of need

isn't this how mist features are suggested? out of need

/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/62239-rotating-and-pushing-guard-towers/page__pid__614432#entry614432

Instead of having to rebuild a tower, something that takes a lot of effort and honestly isn't even fun, a suggestion like this one could easily fix most of the problems people have. Bumped the topic.

I think a combination of

http://forum.wurmonl...432#entry614432

Instead of having to rebuild a tower, something that takes a lot of effort and honestly isn't even fun, a suggestion like this one could easily fix most of the problems people have. Bumped the topic.

a combination of both would be better suited cause some times moving a tower just won't work

I think a combination of

a combination of both would be better suited cause some times moving a tower just won't work

I still say no to anyone but mayor or tower owner of same kingdom destroying towers.

I built at least 6 so far and it took a lot of time the last thing I think anyone should be able to do is walk up and click and say destroy from the same kingdom.

I can see many alts being used to do this as well and it just will open the door to people's towers being torn down when they should not have been at all.

ok why not add the feature that this is only available if the creator doesn't object? that way if the creator leaves you can still bash it

If the tower was there before the deed/enclosure/settlement, you have the option to not settle there if you don´t want that tower. so leave the tower as is, its a tribute to the crator, he take the time and resources to build it, and it will be there as long as being repaired.

PD: even the mayor of the deed should be unable of destroy a tower, only the creator must have the rigth to do that.

Edited by KunAlt

-1 . Due to the griefing.

Edit due to below. : My bad. I thought it was "make guard towers bashable" by any one.

Edited by GravityDog

This is a good idea, I don't know why people would say '-1, griefing' if it can only be finalised or started by the owner/creator.

I think I have a good idea how to solve this.

First turning tower: Should be possible for only few minutes after construction.

Bashing towers:

Tower by default can have these properties:

- bashable by any kingdom member that can bash

- affected quickly by decay (much quicker than now)

- can have only 1 guard and only if quality is above 50

- new guards arrive once a day

Any kingdom member can pay upkeep for that tower, small amount of money, for these effects:

- unaffected by decay (or reduced to current levels)

- not possible to bash by anyone

- can have more than 1 guard (same way as now)

- new guards arrive normally (same way as now)

Upkeep could be paid only for up to a month and no longer.

New towers would receive a grace period of free upkeep for 1 month.

End result: Once nobody cares about a tower, it can be bashed or it will decay eventually.

ok why not add the feature that this is only available if the creator doesn't object? that way if the creator leaves you can still bash it

Unless I'm mistaken deeds allow this already, don't they? No possibility for real griefing, and with the other suggestion we still have maximum customizability.

so Basically ifi want to grief every deed i get my woa chisel make a guard tower a few tiles from any deed and laugh cause they can't destroy it.... griefing goes both ways. and if they want to remove it it'll cost them 10 silver to deed it... /golf clap

It sounds like freedom talk, those who say towers are monuments or special to the creator. Keep it the way it is in freedom then. But on epic, towers are not fancy monuments, they are tools for people to use in defense. As such, it would be nice to use them efficiently by spacing them around in a grid, but many people just put them up wherever they feel.

+1 to destruction of same kingdom towers of some kind

Also forget if i came up with this or if its in game or whatever but think towers should take small amounts of damage whenever they spawn guards. Like .1 or .01, so they require some maintenance over time and use.

Edited by Zaramoth

so Basically ifi want to grief every deed i get my woa chisel make a guard tower a few tiles from any deed and laugh cause they can't destroy it.... griefing goes both ways. and if they want to remove it it'll cost them 10 silver to deed it... /golf clap

Thats an awefull lot of work for a grief that the target may or may not care about. just saying.

Thats an awefull lot of work for a grief that the target may or may not care about. just saying.

And its easy to bash a tower right?