Sign in to follow this  
Meyfei

Operating System Question To All Techie/nontechie

32 members have voted

1. 1. What Windows operating system(OS) Did you prefer most?

• Windows 98
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
    • Don't use Windows

just curious and all. I prefer XP and despise the new ones not because it's "New" because its no longer about the user, only about the features the glitz and glam, on top of what can make the bigger $$$.

Windows XP in my opinion was fine, easy to work with great for gaming and servers. As far as i can tell. then Vista comes out and online life becomes a nightmare because nearly everything not made by Microsoft was so incompatible. Vista and Seven has some nice features yes, but it don't beat the fact Windows XP wasn't your PC-Mommy telling you what you can and cant do. it's YOUR computer why the heck should it be secured beyond our control? Then 7 came out and the security isn't as nagging but still its just as resource hungry as vista, like why is it XP can run games with min 1gb but vista/7 just HAVE to have another 1-2?

in short, A little more effort in XP could have gone a long way. And with the prices of the new windows OS 199$? that's just pathetic i'm not paying 200$ for something they will eventually marked as "Not genuine" I'd sooner go to Ubuntu/Linux and wait another 5 years for something that isn't sales orientated.

These are just my thoughts i dunno all the details so correct me if i'm wrong about things but don't be ignorant and rude.

How about your opinions? Please share, if you used windows before but switched to something else how come? what turned you away?

First to say Win8 :P

I haven't had a lot of use out of it yet but I think that Microsoft are going the right way with a good number of the core concepts behind the OS.

Uhm, RAM is dirt cheap these days so complaining about that Win7 needs 2 GB to play games is kind of silly.

I have 16 GB now and I think it was less than 100$.

Win7 is the way to go still, Win8 doesn't sound very good for ordinary PCs but too focused on tablets, kind of like most PC games that are ported from console are utter crap, so I will skip Win8 personally.

Hi,

Win7-64 here, on 2 machines; Pro and home. Love it, works like a charm.

Even if I'm still in the Java 6 line, #30 atm.

Have fun, cya!

i just use computer for casual stuff, but windows 7 interface is a lot more comfortable to use. i get very frustrated now when having to use xp at work.

XP Pro fully updated and patched is a perfectly stable OS for gaming. Some newer games even focus on broadening the player base by designing for lower end systems instead of trying to blow your gfx cards into flaming chunks of plastic. Still all things march on tech wise... not to mention Microsoft eventually dropping support, companies stop making drivers, etc

Personally Win 7 is best for gaming atm as far as newer OS go. Vista is a horrible abomination that will stab you in the back and eat your data. Win 8 is primarily designed for touchscreen tablet devices, so not quite a good choice for PC gaming. Perhaps down the road there will be some decent games for such devices.

Edited by Klaa