Sign in to follow this  
Elen

Make Perimeters Block All Non-Villager Actions !

49 members have voted

1. 1. Support this ?

• Get off my lawn !!! (yes)
    • Leave the homeless alone !!! (no)

Make perimeters block actions: your paying for it, why not ? Wouldn't you just love to plant your nice settlement on some unspoiled ground and have a couple unexpected new friends come set up thier little horse farm in your pristine wilderness perimeter? Then they could build a guard tower to kill all those greenish mobs you hunt too, build a nice big weed-farm, leave newbie-holes all over and pepper the hillside with 30 mine entrances. Isn't that so great !!!

Make perimeters block all non-villager actions !!!

Also to the GM team / Rolf, allowing the building of fences, farms, etc on perimeter land will only lead to more complaints later as the deeded land expands and cuts off access to these squatters.

Edited by Elen

Read this closely and stop QQ

/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/69495-perimeters-and-you/

• Like 1

Voted no, I see the problem here but it doesn't make sense to provide deed-permission control over non-deed tiles. You simply don't own your perimeter - Not the trees, not the animals, not the land. If somebody wants their "pristine wilderness" for themselves around their deed then by all means deed it and leave the trees. Perimeters serve their purpose of spacing deeds out creating no-mans land, and Rolf is nice enough to provide this spacing at a reduced price. We justify this increased perimeter control by raising the price of perimeter tiles, but I'm pretty sure most people don't want that either.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

You do not own what you have perimeter over, only reserved it against another deed planting and taking the space.

• Like 2

...... their purpose .............. raising the price of perimeter tiles.........

Their are probably plenty who would pay more silver a month to click a box labeled "Block non citizen actions within perimeter." (need emoticon for $$ eyes)

The point of perimeter is to stop nonvillagers from making/maintaining permanent structures on those tiles, and to stop other deeds from claiming that land. No more, no less. If you want to exert real control over a larger area, pony up the silver and deed it all proper-like.

At least; block all actions that involve building or terraforming. There is no need for them to be able to build fences or a guard tower in my perimeter; they're not going to be able to live there anyways. Or flatten out a nice chunk of land only to find out that they cannot plant their house in my perimeter.

As for other actions such as killing animals and picking up items I don't really care if that happens in perimeter, but I've seen situations where someone would build an enclosure inside someones perimeter, with a house attached just the tile outside the perimeter; and nothing could be done. That is just silly.

• Like 3

Aly's got it right, if just fence building and towers were blocked, that would really help the issue.

To be honest, thats one of many reasons i went to play on Epic when i started Wurm. having previous experience in other MMOs seeing "all player vs player actions are prohibited" always resulted in disappointment. Same i hear is here on freedom isles. Epic is so much better dealing and controlling your area. Dont like some one - kill him, he comes again, kill again. Simple as that :D

++Epic. Because violence is an option. :D

"I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL!" : A.Guthrie

Edited by GravityDog
  • Like 2

So i plant a 5x5 deed with 60 perimeter and got a lot more land than the next guy that payed a lot more for their 20x20 deed? Nice move.

Since you've decided to make a whole topic based off of one part of another that we've already responded to, I'll save myself and you all the time by copy/pasting my relevant responses:

Perimeter does nothing but stop people from placing or expanding a deed within your given or purchased deed tiles (both perim and deed). There's no way to stop someone from changing the natural look of an area in your perimeter unless you deed over the areas you want. If you don't want to expand your deed over the entire area you want protected then destruction or modification of the area within your perimeter is of consequence to you. I see no reason for people to not be able to build a structure within a perimeter tile, especially not when players have huge perimeters. Would I like it if someone built a house within my perimeter? No, but I'd have to accept the fact that I should have expanded my deed over the areas I wanted protected.

-1 to restricting building structures within perimeter tiles.

The reason why I downvote this is because it would make it so people could have ridiculously large "deeds" without having to pay a ridiculously large upkeep. If you couldn't build a structure within that perimeter, would you build anything there at all then? Most likely not, thus the player who owns the large perimeter would effectively hog more land.

The thing about this not being able to plan or build buildings within someone's perimeter that irks me is the fact that if you dropped a deed and then made an enormous perimeter it would effectively make the entire area yours to do whatever you want with. No one in their right mind would make a farm or animal pen or anything of value to them in that area due to the fact that they would not have access to a building for safer storage of things.

- ten billion to having the ability to essentially claim entire areas without having to pay the ridiculous deed upkeep fees.

*sigh* Tired of repeating myself now.

This proposed change is so freaking stupid.

This proposed change is so freaking stupid.

Then removed the standard 5 perimeter. I don't like paying for tiles I don't own, or even having these tiles with my name on them if they mean nothing. In fact, they stop me from expanding my deed more if someone builds right outside my standard 5 perimeter.

So i plant a 5x5 deed with 60 perimeter and got a lot more land than the next guy that payed a lot more for their 20x20 deed? Nice move.

I took the liberty of running your example through the settlement calc:

5x5 w/60 is 86s to found and 8.6s a month upkeep

20x20 w/0 is 33.6 to found and 3.6 per month

Sooooo, the perimeter guy is paying more than double for their land rights(lack of land rights) right now.

Edited by Elen

I took the liberty of running your example through the settlement calc:

5x5 w/60 is 86s to found and 8.6s a month upkeep

20x20 w/0 is 33.6 to found and 3.6 per month

Sooooo, the perimeter guy is paying more than double for their land rights(lack of land rights) right now.

I was clearly exagerating, but btw:

5x5 60 perimeter 71 total size, 86s to create, 8,6s a month to upkeep

35x35 5 perimeter 71 total size 1gold to create, 10,08s a month to upkeep

You save 14s in the creation and a bit more than 2s in the upkeep, so all this fuss and code messing for save that small porcentage, better deed and forget about it.

Salu2.

I was clearly exagerating, but btw:

5x5 60 perimeter 71 total size, 86s to create, 8,6s a month to upkeep

35x35 5 perimeter 71 total size 1gold to create, 10,08s a month to upkeep

You save 14s in the creation and a bit more than 2s in the upkeep, so all this fuss and code messing for save that small porcentage, better deed and forget about it.

Salu2.

This really is what i'm getting at with the suggestion.

Now that the example size is the same i would say the price difference is just too close to not have some minor land control (like no fences/towers) for the perimeter, since the decay/theft/action proof area of the mostly perimeter one is sooo much smaller. Perimeter is kinda a ripoff deal right now.

+1 to at least not allowing fences/towers to be built by non-villagers

If you want the area that the perimeter coves, deed the whole thing, if not, then just leave it be

If you want the area that the perimeter coves, deed the whole thing, if not, then just leave it be

Exactly.

Sole purpose of perimeter is to reserve space for future expansion. Therefore I am against having it block all actions, but it should bock any action that would prevent you from extending your deed. So that would mean no one should be able to build a building in my perimeter, that's about the only restriction that makes sense to me.

• Like 1

you want more space to stop people from building on, buy a bigger deed. Perimeters are not deed spaces, and will never be deed spaces, and you aren't paying for the 5 that are enforced.