Sign in to follow this  
Endulin

New Player

Good evening, I just wanted to make a quick introduction. I am a very new player <24h, and I am thinking of joining the Independence server / map. I was wondering also if there was anyone that might help me out with learning about this game. I know where the wiki is, and have read a lot of the tutorials, but words can only teach me so much. I would definitely like some hands on training. Anyways, I look forward to playing on this server, and learning more about the game.

The first 24 hours are pretty crucial, you might endure a lot of grief because you will die a lot against wild animals randomly wandering about.

Here are a few tips: Always carry a weight less than 30Kg on your body so you can outrun most creatures if you encounter them, just rightclick your health bar and select to view the speed and see at which weight you lose significant speed.

Stay near roads when traveling and always be on the lookout for hostile creatures, its better to run from them before they have a chance to attack you and slow you down. Also if you're in a pickle, type "Guards!" in local chat to get some Tower guards to aid you, after they engage the creature run away so they can finish it off.

The water side is also a safe place since few creatures are able to swim after you, mostly bears and crocodiles will be dangerous then. Don't forget that you don't regenerate stamina in water so try to emerge as quickly as you can on the shore outside the creature's aggressive range. Usually you must keep more than 10 tiles between you and them.

Hope it helps, the knowledge i have gathered allowed me to survive a lot of tough spots trough my life in wurm. (I was swimming with crocodiles everyday near my house and was making iron ore transports trough a forest infested with scopions) You need to learn how the creatures move and react to you.

Try and get in touch with Neome who owns Inner City Orphanage near Freedom Market should be a great place to begin till you can make it on your own

Thank you both for those tips. I will definitely have to look Neome up as well. I like this game so far, and am definitely interested in exploring everything possible to do.

Neome is a very helpful person, looking forward to getting back in touch with him/her.

just started today as well. found myself a good spot to start trying to survive.