Sign in to follow this  
MattSquare

Prevent Same Kingdom From Removing Gear From Guards

Tower guards can currently be armed and armored by thier kingdom. This is meant to provide protection. It is not right that same kingdom can remove gear from tower guards that they did not equip for two main reasons.

1. Enemy kingdoms can use alts to remove gear before raiding. This is unfair to the defending kingdom. In a real fight, you need to kill an enemy to eliminate the threat, not magically remove their ability to fight.

2. Noobs and alts can steal gear from tower guards, and possibly use them to grief. Players acquiring good gear for free, by stealing, no less, is sickening. Griefers stealing gear and using it to kill people or bash things is even worse.

Here is the proposed change: tower guards should only be able to be unequipped by the person who equiped them, or if the tower is on a deed, by a member of the deed the tower is on.

Discuss.

Agreed. This is the only reason I never armed the tower guards anymore. Had a group of noobs come and take the stuff i put on my 2 towers worth of guards back in febuary.

Agreed. If I'm living near trolls I'll arm them with shod clubs, but being able to give tower guards some good gear without the fear of people stealing them would be nice :)

Also to only loophole to that i could see being acceptable would be if you were replacing and item but only at higher ql

I don't think the first one is a problem but the second one is understandable. Maybe make it when the tower is on deed, the guards can only be (un)equipped by villagers.

Fear not for the spy alt protection code totally protects against such abus... heh I wish :P

It doesn't really mean much honestly, if you prevent them from taking the weapons, they can just drag animals like trolls or crocs to the tower, then let the guards die either by the animal or by wounds, and then just loot the corpse.

well an armed and armoured guard can probably take on a troll since they do work as a team

It doesn't really mean much honestly, if you prevent them from taking the weapons, they can just drag animals like trolls or crocs to the tower, then let the guards die either by the animal or by wounds, and then just loot the corpse.

At least they would need to put some effort into it then, rather than just walking up and taking their stuff...

You could have it that when guards die, their equipment is stored in the tower, and the next guard who spawns takes a random alottment of stuff from the tower. Only the owner of a tower can remove or add items to the tower, and keep track of the owner like you would a boat.

• Like 6

Just make it so you can't take stuff off the guard anymore without killing them. I think that is the best way.

You could have it that when guards die, their equipment is stored in the tower, and the next guard who spawns takes a random alottment of stuff from the tower. Only the owner of a tower can remove or add items to the tower, and keep track of the owner like you would a boat.

I like this as it keeps the items as stealable if the tower is conquered; however, its something players have to work for.

But at least you have the chance to hear the "help" request directed to the guards in local, or perhaps simply hear the fighting happen and respond to see what's going on. If you see a same kingdom toon watching a champ croc or troll killing your guards, then you can kill the aggressive animal, and take whatever action you find appropriate for the player.

This would probably be the best, and the guards would choose the best available items, not randomly. That way your enemies can't use alts to load your towers with tons of crap weapons and junk armor.

Maybe disable enemies from loading your towers? Only the owner and people who can "access the hold" can open the tower and add or remove items.

Also, I don't know if I had the idea, or if I stole it from someone's post I read

Big weenies letting your guards do your fighting. Spend less time equipping the guards and more time working on y our fighting skills and you won't be in here whining about people stealing gear from your guards.

Tookie has spoken.

Edited by JackBurton

@Jack:

We don't arm our guards for PvE, we arm them in case enemies come, they can help us defend our village. The keyword there is "help". I have crappy gear that I'm not afraid to lose, would be a bit annoying to have to make more, but I'm still not afraid to lose it. I could easily take down a champ troll with my bow, they don't have shields or bows. Raiders do, so a bit of help would be useful for gank bonus.

There is a slight snag with tower ownership, especially if the owner becomes inactive. Now for conquerable towers its not so much of problem; however, same kingdom towers (including home servers) with inactive owners would be problematic without some means of salvaging.

Towers built on deeds could also include citizen/ally permissions.

Ideally a guard armanent system would consist of permissions and the ownership can be co-opted and reassigned by one or more of the kingdom offices. Offhand I would use the defense minister position.