Sign in to follow this  
Draulius

Give Axes Parry

As of now, Axes are the most unpopular weapons. They are popular for uniques, but those are extinct now. This is because the extra damage is not worth the complete lack of parry and being hit all the time. You might say it is for people who aren't taking damage, such as having pets aggro, but players don't like to do that since it lowers skill gain earned from the target. Also, axes are ineffective against armor. If I recall correctly, axes could cut through plate like butter or have great blunt force, but whatever.

The solution to this is to give Axes parry. A negligible one. Something. Anything is better than how axes are now. Currently, players would much rather use a weapon that does less damage but can save their life. With a small parry, axes would be utilized MUCH more!

Does this look balanced to you?

Swords: Fast Speed, High Parry, Decent damage against all types. (Balanced

Mauls: Medium Speed, Medium Parry, Good damage against all types. (Balanced)

Axes: Medium Speed, No Parry, High Damage but ineffective against heavy armor. (UNBALANCED)

Nobody wants to use a non-versatile weapon that will also get them killed. Don't you think the lack of armor effectiveness balances the high damage enough?!

GIVE AXES PARRY!

Edited by Draulius

No, -1.

I know many players, including myself, who use axes in PvP. I use a Huge Axe as a main weapon, and secondary longsword, and small axes.

Also ineffective against armor? What? They do the most damage against all armor types, which is why they are balanced. A large axe (1 handed) will do damages through drake.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

I use large axes and huge axes often, theyre awesome...so long as noones targetting you, give them parry and theyll hands down be the best weapon, thered be no reason to use anything else

But since axes got parry from yesterday's patch.... I don't understand :ph34r:

But since axes got parry from yesterday's patch.... I don't understand :ph34r:

its a bug

Did Rolf confirm it's a bug? I looked/asked all over for confirmation for a couple of things. Axes parrying was one of them. I think it's fun to see my axe parry those cave bug strikes ^_^

If axes are effective against armor then the Wurmpedia has lied to me.

" Huge axes deal slashing damage, similar to swords, but cannot pierce, making them ineffective against heavily armored enemies."

"Scorpions have very strong armour, someone with 20 small axe skill and 50ql small axes may do 10-15 damage to spiders, but the same stats and equipment may only do 2 damage to scorpions."

Edited by Draulius

Yeah... it's player contributed. Stuff changes, it's opinions, and updates aren't always posted.

Did Rolf confirm it's a bug? I looked/asked all over for confirmation for a couple of things. Axes parrying was one of them. I think it's fun to see my axe parry those cave bug strikes ^_^

I beleive he said so on irc although i could be wrong

Axes have the same swing speed as swords do. Giving them parry would make swords obsolete, excluding the piercing that swords have for leather based armors. -1

Axes have the same swing speed as swords do. Giving them parry would make swords obsolete, excluding the piercing that swords have for leather based armors. -1

If that is true, someone needs to update that info on the Wurmpedia.

Weapons without parry aren't recommendable. But since axes parry the situations of weapons seems to be balanced...

Weapons without parry aren't recommendable. But since axes parry the situations of weapons seems to be balanced...

Apparently it's a bug.

I'd like to know if this is truly the case.

Edited by Draulius

bump

Is Axes having parry a bug? It hasn't been fixed yet, and if it's not going to be, I'd like to know so I can go buy an Axe now.

Are you aware of how much damage and axe can do?

They do not parry because that is balanced.

If axes parrying how they do now is not a bug Every other weapon in the game is obsolete.

I like using axes because they absolutely wreck people in PvP. If they parry, then that'll ruin the other weapons. Just because you don't know anyone that uses axes doesn't mean they aren't viable.

• Like 1

I used large shield large axe combo, I was the most useless fighter ever.

Axes are amazing weapons in Pve. Even in Pvp if used correctly they can destroy your enemy despite the no parrying. They're fine how they are. if you feel the need to have a weapon that parries there are mauls and longswords; but they're weaker.

I think axes need some sort of extra bonus to make up for not parrying, like deflecting an attack(provided that the enemy attack at the same time) if the swing fails to hit the enemy.