Sign in to follow this  
Caius

Hell Horse Supernerfed

Along with the madness of having animals and monsters running loose today, there was a significant change to hell horses as well.

Hell horses are now just as fragile and weak as regular non-hellish variety of horses.

Hell horses are supposedly faster than vanilla horses but constantly give burning damage to their rider every several minutes.

Any thoughts on the recent change?

they just as well made them take less BC to ride them now that they are just a cool looking horse more or less

Edited by Kegan

They still have their perks. They're faster naturally, and they don't slow down as much when hit.

They only lost their defensive stats of armor/health. Honestly I think it's a fair nerf, they have their perks but aren't god-moding horses like they were before.

Seems like they were nerfed enough to make them inferior to other pets.

You have to realize also on Elevation (in my opinion anyway), it was very hard for people without hell-horses to get into fights. Easily Hell-Horses were a huge variable to winning a fight. It wasn't fair to REQUIRE people to get to 31 body control just to ride one and compete.

Also because of their speed boost you can Iron Barding a hell horse and they're pretty good still.

Edited by Postes

Do they still give the same great fs gain as before?

If yes, that would be an oversight and should be lowered.

They are still very very fast compared to anything else in the game. I think they need some more nerfing to make them slower.

Speed of hell horses is fine from what ive seen ( no i dont ride one) and from everything else I heard this makes them still a good combat mount.

Just because you run away dont mean you wont get ganked and if They have hellhorses meh its fair game.

You have to realize also on Elevation

then just remove them from pvp servers.

hurray for another nerf to general gameplay becuase of a pvp unbalance!

• Like 2

pvp is general gameplay, has always been the core and drive behind wurm.

Edited by Judicator

Still eating that drivel you read Jud.

.Pvp is supposed to be the driver of the game play.

. Stats.. servers etc.. seem to show PVE is more popular with more people.

Sometimes dreams need updated.

more popular means nothing. angry birds is more popular. and farmville. case closed.

then just remove them from pvp servers.

hurray for another nerf to general gameplay becuase of a pvp unbalance!

I'm all for split coding, but it's not my choice, don't blame me :P

pvp is general gameplay, has always been the core and drive behind wurm.

I don't have a source for this (just what I've heard seen, I might be completely wrong) but I'm pretty sure the PvP mechanics were never really finished, and the game's base concept is more towards PvE. Obviously there has been a lot of emphasis put on both realms of gameplay, but if you really look at the themes of the overall gameplay, it's much more of a "man vs. wild" than "man vs. man". just IMO tho ofc

Edit: (in response to your other post):

Considering the speed is pretty much the only factor that makes hell horses worth riding now, decreasing it any more would be pointless...

Edited by Fireflyb

Good nerf. Something good about the update at least. Shame he didnt patch notes it o.O

Good nerf. Something good about the update at least. Shame he didnt patch notes it o.O

A bunch of stuff doesnt get mentioned. Like how you can breed bisons now and many other things... It bugs the hell out of me that these things doesnt get mentioned. Who makes these patch notes?

Edited by atazs

any idea if they're easier to tame now?

From 5 minutes of testing, I'd say similar, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered the difficulty a tad in a little while.

Again, that was just a tiny bit of testing so idk could be easier.

They are still very very fast compared to anything else in the game. I think they need some more nerfing to make them slower.

Do you just pull facts out of your ass? Similar traited/geared hell horse and normal horse go the same top speed.

Considering the speed is pretty much the only factor that makes hell horses worth riding now, decreasing it any more would be pointless...

Beh, stupid nerf in my opinion. Speed was never the factor in having a hell horse, their fighting abilities were. And now i think they are pretty much useless and simple horses are put back on top of them since you can ride one after 1 hour of game play basically, dont have to tame them and they can swim meaning you can lead them sailing on boat or crossing a channel etc (also no irritating and annoying fire sounds). 2 hit dead hell horse now is nothing just a crap luggage even it takes less BC to ride one you still have to tame them, meaning all agro animals you meet on the way will attack this weak creature first and gonna kill it easily, you also get burning wounds.

And as far as pvp content i dont agree its a good thing too. mainly cuz 31 BC guy more likely would win vs low BC guy anyways and theres no more "bonus" hitting 31 BC and getting a good horse (anyone could get HH on ele). There are also stronger and a lot weaker players even they both have 31 BC and old HH allowed the weaker one to have more chances staying alive if things went bad (as long as you had a mount you still been able to run away, hide in a house, fenced area etc since your horse wouldn't be dead in first 10s of PvP).

So, super lame nerf in my opinion.

• Like 1

Do you just pull facts out of your ass? Similar traited/geared hell horse and normal horse go the same top speed.

Only if by ass you mean the wiki. If you are so butthurt over people having the wrong info, why don't you update it instead of stewing in your own anger?

So does anyone besides MrGARY (whose assfacts are already noted) have personally verified information about whether hell horses are faster than regular horses?

I would think they're balanced if hell horses didn't turn around and eat you every two seconds. Even while tame they burn your azz...

Honestly, I just mind the fact that even while tame, they burn you. If that wasn't there, it'd still be a very good mount in pve in my opinion (though I'm a lowbie)

Edited by meiyeeer

So does anyone besides MrGARY (whose assfacts are already noted) have personally verified information about whether hell horses are faster than regular horses?

Theyre not faster. They have a better speed consistency but their top speed is identical to a regular horse with the same traits and gear.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

Thanks Alyeska. Sothere's that slight advantage and if you're breeding for meat and / or hides, better than regular horses or cows due to not having a foal / calf stage.

Edited by Cartrip