Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

New Horses Posted On Twitter ?

They look slightly cartoony, or is that just me?

99% of the new graphics look cartoony to me.

Yeah they do a little bit, but it's impossible to say what they'll look like in game :P

True on all accounts Ping :) at the very least this may help my horse sales (hopefully) ? haha

Dunno Ruger none of the other animals have quite come across like this, I'm guessing that these ^ are still in the works.

To me its not so much cartoony, but squat. They seem abit thick, particularly the legs. But they do look very good. They dont have the lean racing look of horses that we mostly see today, rather a more general purpose body type that fits the game era.

They look excellent. Regarding cartoonish look: Rather than looking like spindly racing horses, they are bulky and muscular, as if made for heavy dragging and carrying.

EDIT: A wild guess: They used North Swedish horse as inspiration.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

Might just be the picture but I swear that grey one has a pose of my little Pony..@..@

Those horses are gorgeous. A huge improvement over what they currently look like. I don't believe they look cartoon-y at all; they look stock and sturdy as a workhorse should.

The poses might seem a little funny but it's probably because they just finished making the skin. I imagine when they add the animations and finalize them, they won't have things like their tails sticking straight out.

• Like 1

I'd like to see the white horses be a bit lighter colored, they are too greyish, but the darker "grey" looks nice and otherwise I like them all very much :)

I agree the white ones needs to be a lighter color but overall they look nice. Still need to see them in-game but i like what i see so far.

The shape of the head makes me think more of a dutch draft horse than a real frysian, but they look very nice regardless. I can't wait to see them animated.

better than having their eyes like dots AND at the wrong side of their head and stick legs and seperate body parts for movement and so on XD and yeah...dont forget the colors and textures :o the yellow ones that are actually ingame look like Pi** :P

Can't wait till they're ingame. Thanks for doing such a good job ^.^

Out of curiosity...any graphics for hell horses? Will they use the same model?

And the current ones look better? :D :D

These look great. Hope they make it in as is.

White glowing eyes, molten skin and mane made of flames, please? :)

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

I can picture them using the black model for them and just have the flames like always seems like the best solution. If they could add the flames to the mane and tail that would be cool but for simplicity the black model with the normal flames seems best.

Very nice!

Hopefully we can actually sit on these ones also. Would be awesome seing a picture of one with saddle and barding!

If you look at the previous picture on Zcul's blog he shows woden fences on the second floor of a house as well, that looks great too.

Yahoo! New Horsies! They do look much improved to be sure, so I won't be shedding any tears to see my old faithful ones transformed into these new sturdy looking workhorses. Their tails do look a bit funny sticking up out the back like that though. Perhaps they are raised in anticipation of beiing let loose into the Wurm frontier?

=Ayes=