Sign in to follow this  
whereami

People Stealing Horses

I don't know if this is the right forum for this even, but I figured I would at least put it out there somewhere.

After the recent update I have logged in to see that I had lost every last one of my horses. I found them in someone's pen, not too far from me. As soon as I asked them about it they logged off. I believe they broke in, seeing one of my walls was destroyed. I checked the night before, it was at less than 50 damage.

This is the second time in a month this has happened to me. I want to know if there is anything that can be done about this besides get a deed. I cant afford one.

The name of the person is Janedoh / Dizzylexia, I am unsure if they are the same person, but I'm willing to put their name on here in case they're even willing to defend themselves.

Here is a screenshot, uploaded by request. All of the horses that I can see in this pen are mine, but here are three of them:

wurm.20121107.0814.png

wurm.20121107.0814_1.png

wurm.20121107.0815_1.png

Edited by whereami

Sad... why cant people achieve things with hard work.

GMs have to look in to it ;)

first put in a support call.

Tip : Keep walls imped up as high as you can make them, second never let them get that damaged.

I was in the same situation as you before and I can tell you that if your walls are 20ql with 40 dmg it only takes a short time to bash and grab.

Was it an enclosure as protected by the rules, if so then do a support, if not make one or get a deed. Hope it gets resolved.

Edited by TineenAlexi

Makes me wonder if there is an accelerated decay that can occur during a downtime. A village on Celebration with undeeded palisade walls, lost all of the walls following a down time.

It is going to be hard prove either way, it is against the rules to bash a fully enclosed area. However, if the wall decayed then it is "within rules" to appropriate the contents.

It was in an enclosure protected by the rules.

I have already called support once before, they did absolutely nothing

Edited by whereami

With the changes today you better be sure they were stolen. It could be they got loose by the update, and your neighbor just took advantage of the free horses roaming about.

still....he already mentioned that his fence got a hole of one wall after the update, so even if they were lost by that update like others had, there is still that missing wall which is kinda stupid....this enclosed area rules are there for a reason and a gm or whatever person of higher game control, could easily track if those guys where at his fence.

have you cared for those horses ?

I dont think it got stolen My champ deer are all gone 5 of them all locked on my deed something happend in the update

On the update it seems all animals were able to walk through fences and thus everything was set free.

So now were going to have to rely on the integrity of people back there stuff..

Come on wurm community Prove me wrong and help your neighbor.

LETS DO IT !!

• Like 1

The champ animals escaping (dogs, deer) is likely a direct result of the update. Shouldn't have affected horses, though, unless under the new code a champion hostile broke down your fence and the horses escaped out on their own. Perhaps your neighbor could help you retrieve them if you don't anger with unfounded accusations.

My neighbor was the one who retrieved them from my pen, Tristanc. They are refusing to give them to me.

You clearly have not read my original post.

Edited by whereami

My neighbor was the one who retrieved them from my pen, Tristanc. They are refusing to give them to me.

You clearly have not read my original post.

Just because I help you does not mean I like you. And just because I like you, does not mean I won't rob you. :D

IM going to tell you that bit under that signature is either you got just as bad an attitude as they do or you dont realize the Irony of complaining about being stolen from yet excersize the same attitude.

Im not saying you have.. But you might want to adjust the text that shows the same attitude your neighbor according to you is portraying.

Just my 2 copper

Doesn't look like they refused anything, it looks more like they just logged out, for which reasons can be plentiful. Also, it is my understanding, that breaking an enclosure is not allowed by rules, which means a GM is within power to ban them should they refuse to return (or am I wrong here?). I do not believe they will want to get banned so that way you should retrieve the horses.

As far as deed comes, you can get a deed, with upkeep for about half a year, for just 10 euro. Get the option 1 month premium + 5 silver, 2 silver you get as bonus, 3 more via refer (sell or give a trusted friend for silver), get a settlement form, plant the smallest possible, play safe and happy. I can't believe anyone is incapable to afford that and you also support the game, even if just a little.

They logged out, yes. But they only logged out after I sent a message asking about my horses. I highly doubt they simply "didn't notice" being that they've logged out every time I show up in their local.

I am looking into getting a deed atm, but it will have to wait for a while.

Whereami, I have met these deed owners on Deliverance and they seemed like reasonable people to me. I see they have pens packed full of many horses besides yours, so it seems odd to me that they would not want to give yours back to you. Hopefully this situation can be resolved and you can get your horses back as I don't see why they would have any need to keep them with already having so many there.

=Ayes=

Dizzylexia lives close to one of my deeds (for almost a year now), she's always been nice and seems to be a very dedicated player, I have a hard time believing these accusations. I don't know any of the circumstances around this and haven't been around at my deed in some time, I just wanted to say that hopefullythere is some simple misunderstanding in play here.

First of all Dizzylexia and me are two different people, which I believe that anyone that has talked to either of us will know...

Secondly I have never bashed any walls of an enclosure, nor am I aware of anyone else bashing any enclosures belonging to you. I assume that you are talking about "New House" near The Shire deed and the old Deli MarketPlace. From what I can see from the state of that "enclosure" one of the gate houses have two missing walls. As far as I know noone can damage walls of a house you do not own the writ of.

As to the horses, I did not steal anything... I led a bunch of horses, running around the area near The Shire and the old Deli Marketplace, to my deed. There is no rule against this. As to what lead you to my deed... If I really did steal anything, why would I lead a Hell Horse back to the same deed, with the constant smoke signals broadcasting its location to the world?

I really must admit that I think it is a very backward way of asking for your horses back, acusing people of stealing them!

By the way, for anyone wondering: I found the first of the horses before the first restart of the server, about 20 minutes before the first warning.

As for you talking to me before announcing to the entire Wurm community that I bashed your entire enclosure, and stole everything you owned (slight overstatement)... I never got any PM from either WhereAmI or EpicPhail. or for that matter any other character for that session... I later discovered upon checking my logs that you seem to have said something in local, when I was logging out. I really didn't realize that I NEEDED to read everything in the chat tabs to avoid getting accused of stealing (if so, we really need to cut down on GL-Freedon, I for one can't keep up with it while skilling or exploring), but I was getting tired.

• Like 1

I must say I didnt imagine something like this had to be my first post, but you give me little to no choice if I value my reputation, so here goes....

No... I am not JaneDoh, I know JaneDoh very well though, and I am a member of her deed.

No, I didnt bash any of your fences or steal any of your horses.

No, JaneDoh didnt bash any of your fences or steal any of your horses.

I'm willing to put their name on here in case they're even willing to defend themselves.

To me it looks more like you're out to lynch me and destroy my reputation...

Anyway... your horses were running around before the first patch (so I cant even see its something that was messed up in the patch) and JaneDoh gathered them and wanted to secure them for their owner, and thought they could sit nicely in my enclosure where there is plenty of room and grass for the horses. I am happy that you have made a post about you missing some horses so that they can be returned to the right owner, but honestly something less than calling me a thief would have been sufficient. Its unfortunate that you missed JaneDoh when she was logging out and obviously didnt read your message in Local chat (3 cheers for the logging in wurm), but might I suggest that next time you try and send a /tell thats just a little harder to miss than a new message in local chat. Please contact either me or JaneDoh ingame for the return of your horses. Ohh and please repair your fences and make sure your gate-house has all 4 walls before collecting the horses, as I must admit I would be very reluctant to help you out next time your walls decay.

Im sorry to hear that you previously have lost horses to people bashing your wall, but I would strongly advice you to make a GM call if you dont think your previous support call resolved your problem or even a forum PM to a lead GM, I dont believe anyone should have their legal enclosures bashed by anyone. Should you somehow still be convinced that I have bashed your walls please also make a support call, as I want this to be resolved.

Again... Please contact me ingame for the swift return of your horses... ohh and please refrain from calling me a thief in the future, Thanks...

• Like 1

I never accused you of stealing 'everything I owned', as all of my things are still there. I have lost no possessions other than livestock due to this, nor do I claim to. I was not trying to personally attack you or 'slander your reputation', and I apologize for it seeming that way. That is not my goal, and doing so will not solve anything. I was simply fed up, and was tired of seeing nothing done about previous violations. As I said in my original post, my words are "I believe". I never said you "did", and so therefor my beliefs were apparently wrong.

This is the second time something like this has happened to me in less than a week, not to mention previous occurrences and even more to fellow players I've talked to. I have been hearing about a lot of things like this going on lately from who I have talked to, and I will admit that I took it worst-case-scenario.

Looking at my logs, I checked the wall that morning, and this is the last record I have of its status;

[05:27:53] You see a door with a lock. The lock is of very poor quality.
[05:27:53] QL=7.080431, dam=77.593155

Somehow, within 12 hours, that wall decayed from 77dmg to 100. It had been standing at that quality for almost 3 months, I had no reason to expect it would have decayed that night.

I apologize for not giving you more time to respond, I simply found it odd that one would be logged in until I ask for them, then suddenly disappear. Hoping that this is all a series of unfortunate misunderstandings. I thank you for giving me your input on the situation, and I hope we can resolve this and move past it.

Edited by whereami

wall decay is unpredictable. house walls cannot be bashed by anyone except the owner or mayor (or someone else with bashing permissions on-deed) on freedom, so to accuse someone of having destroyed it is.... ill-conceived.

I never accused you of stealing 'everything I owned', as all of my things are still there. I have lost no possessions other than livestock due to this, nor do I claim to. I was not trying to personally attack you or 'slander your reputation', and I apologize for it seeming that way. That is not my goal, and doing so will not solve anything. I was simply fed up, and was tired of seeing nothing done about previous violations. As I said in my original post, my words are "I believe". I never said you "did", and so therefor my beliefs were apparently wrong.

This is the second time something like this has happened to me in less than a week, not to mention previous occurrences and even more to fellow players I've talked to. I have been hearing about a lot of things like this going on lately from who I have talked to, and I will admit that I took it worst-case-scenario.

Looking at my logs, I checked the wall that morning, and this is the last record I have of its status;

[05:27:53] You see a door with a lock. The lock is of very poor quality.
[05:27:53] QL=7.080431, dam=77.593155

Somehow, within 12 hours, that wall decayed from 77dmg to 100. It had been standing at that quality for almost 3 months, I had no reason to expect it would have decayed that night.

I apologize for not giving you more time to respond, I simply found it odd that one would be logged in until I ask for them, then suddenly disappear. Hoping that this is all a series of unfortunate misunderstandings. I thank you for giving me your input on the situation, and I hope we can resolve this and move past it.

^^ That examination is on a structure door. Players cannot bash structure doors. & owing to that ql and damage...It could have decayed.

Edit: Friendly advice if a wall/gate/structure is holding something you value don't let it reach that level of damage. Because decay is random and if you get an unlucky streak it will fall down.

Edited by alaskanbob

We tried to tell you, but you kept insisting you were robbed. With an update that released many animals on the same day, and walls of such low ql and high damage, why did you go so quickly to crying out thief?

There is a rather large amount of coincidence here, if none of these events are related.

why did you go so quickly to crying out thief?

As stated many, many, multiple times. This is not the first time this has happened, and I am sure it will not be the last.