Sign in to follow this  
Bart

Alchemy

So currently Alchemy has only a few uses due to the Natural substances skill, obviously healing covers, dye and a few other things.

I'd like to see it have more uses, things like Natural remedies and short term buffs, tools could include a pestle and mortar (use the milling skill maybe?) and maybe use a knife to cut certain herbs etc, using pottery flasks to hold the created remedies.

for example you could create potions that do different things:

-speeds healing by 2x for a certain amount of time

-allows you to carry more weight for a short amount of time

-cures internal wounds

-acts as an antidote to poison wounds specifically (more effective than a healing cover and replaces its use, more dosage taken per wound/size of wound)

-cuts aggro range of hostile creatures by 20%

-reduce stamina loss through actions by 10%

and on the other side there is hostile uses such as:

-poisoning enemy water supplies

-powders added to shards that increase damage against specific building types (wood/stone)

Time of effect would be small, maybe half an hour at 90QL, and dosage and strength would depend on amount of materials used versus water used. Dosages wouldnt stack, so only one active at a time

I'm sure theres plenty more uses for it these wer just a few ideas.

Edited by Bart
  • Like 2

Hmm, I like, but I really don't know much about potions as I know there is some sort of potion system in the game

Hmm, I like, but I really don't know much about potions as I know there is some sort of potion system in the game

Yeah, currenty you occasionally get a potion from your god sacrificing which gives a CR bonus, i think those should stay as they are, dont want people making their own CR bonuses :P

-1 to buffing potions, these already exist and don't need to be made easier to get.

Everything else seems unnecessary (Weight carry increase) or already exists (pretty sure farmer's salve cures poison)

-1 to buffing potions, these already exist and don't need to be made easier to get.

Everything else seems unnecessary (Weight carry increase) or already exists (pretty sure farmer's salve cures poison)

i never said make potions easier to get or buff them at all..... these are totally seperate from potions that give a CR bonus and i did say that i dont think you should be able to make them or get them easier.

and yes farmers salve cures it, but i was looking at the healing cover side to decrease the chace of poison instakilling you, so it acts as a healing cover not the salve, useful to take when you get the "poison burning in your veins makes you sweat" message

Weight carry could be useful to get that loaded corbita you just dont have the strength to drag over a landbridge.

Edited by Bart

+1

We were talking about this is vent the other day, and how neat it would be to do a raid, and poison all the water wells on the enemy deed. You would have to constantly taste the water in fear of getting killed.

Some potion ideas I have had:

-Strength potion (body strength)

-Endurance potion (body stamina)

-Agility potion (body control)

-Fortitude potion (soul strength)

-Clarity potion (soul depth)

Each potion would have a cap to it, like forest giant strength, so it helps newbie players, but doesn't put older account even further ahead.

Also different weapon poisons:

-Sapping poison (reduces stamina regeneration, and increases stamina drain)

-Disorientation poison (produces a green tunnel on the effected characters screen)

• Like 1

Would be cool with poisoning wells/water supplies, having to make an antidote of equal QL (or better) to neutralise it.

Weapon-wise, im not sure about how your could implement poisons that wouldnt screw with weapon enchants currently, maybe when you apply it QL = Power, and it loses 1 power each successful hit, so a 50 QL poison would last 50 hits, but then again not sure wether if it was like this it should be allowed to stack with current damage enchants

Edited by Bart

Something cool to make would be 1 time use poison to apply to say arrows since it's not very practical to enchant arrows, whip up a large batch and apply to arrows, the poison effect is lost when the arrow hits. Different poisons could have different effects, slows more, makes it RT, possibly even a chemical that adds burn damage?

Another one could be explosives, item that you throw at a building for extra damage (or even person?) or could even launch out of a catapult. Lots of things you could do with this, perhaps even add small nails to do damage to people in an area of where it hits.

Others could be where it gives you courage so you hit harder, but worry less about taking hits so are less likely to dodge/block/parry.

Lots of things we could do with alchemy.

• Like 1

Something cool to make would be 1 time use poison to apply to say arrows since it's not very practical to enchant arrows, whip up a large batch and apply to arrows, the poison effect is lost when the arrow hits. Different poisons could have different effects, slows more, makes it RT, possibly even a chemical that adds burn damage?

Another one could be explosives, item that you throw at a building for extra damage (or even person?) or could even launch out of a catapult. Lots of things you could do with this, perhaps even add small nails to do damage to people in an area of where it hits.

Others could be where it gives you courage so you hit harder, but worry less about taking hits so are less likely to dodge/block/parry.

Lots of things we could do with alchemy.

I do like the arrows idea, coz enchanting 41 arrows is a nightmare.

and yeah like i said in OP it'd be cool to be able to add powders or mixtures to catapult ammo, give it more damage against specific structures

There is definate potential still to be gotten out of the alchemy skill. +1

Having poisoned arrows and such would defiently bring in more dynamics to how the fighting system works

Oleander is extremely poisonous and belladonna (a member of the nightshade family iirc) is also a somewhat lesser toxin. It would be cool if some day we can use these items to create poisons using the Alchemy / NS skill. We already have poison damage in game... all that's missing is a create and apply-to-weapon system

Oleander is extremely poisonous and belladonna (a member of the nightshade family iirc) is also a somewhat lesser toxin. It would be cool if some day we can use these items to create poisons using the Alchemy / NS skill. We already have poison damage in game... all that's missing is a create and apply-to-weapon system

We do have the venom weapon enchant :P

But yeah if it was balanced nicely it would be awesome

That was their intended use but Rolf never got around to adding poison.

Some good ideas on the potions vinius just add maximum 5 minute effect and it should not be too unballancing.

Some have already mentioned that farmers salve works on poison it also works on internal wounds as we found out during Drake Spirit attacks on Indie. But I have always thought it should work on Burns wich it does not. So make a healing potion that works on internal wounds and farmers salve on burns would be more appropriate.

Edited by Bachus
  • Like 1

If there will be potions then every of them must have advantages and disadvantages.

Not really, they would be as with most games are, that there are different levels of poisons and different poisons for different situations. They really don't need a down side, they just can't all do the same thing at the same time.

On a different note, if they ever add glas to the game then you could make like a little vial of said poison for poisoning water or a re-poison of an arrow batch or sword.

Poisons could be the lesser man's enchants lol

Maybe a downside could be overdose. E.g you drink too much in a set period and it has the opposite effect, longer healing times, or body strength lowered slightly.

Damn I had a large post regarding a poison system, and its gone. Must not have survived the forum transfer :unsure:

Ah well good thing I saved it to a word file, just have to find it.

Edited by Klaa

Damn I had a large post regarding a poison system, and its gone. Must not have survived the forum transfer :unsure:

Ah well good thing I saved it to a word file, just have to find it.

Find it naow! ;)

Yes, please :D

Would like to know, would give some great ideas to what we have now

Bleh it must be on a NAS I have in storage... not going to be able to get at it any time soon.