Sign in to follow this  
sevenseeker

Dig To Cart

My forum search has not found anything such as this, so here goes.

Dirt dug is thrown directly into cart (think wheel barrow).

Steps:

1. Target cart (game checks: see if cart in range, permissions, is accessible (not through a wall/fence))

2. Dig

- Dirt goes directly into cart (if cart full or no cart targeted dig fails or goes to player inventory dirt drops to ground on tile you are standing on as a pile)

- Player inventory is not accessed, dirt does not cycle through inventory on its way to the cart.

I would think that current in game code should be able to be used for most of this.

Edited by sevenseeker
  • Like 2

instead of cart maybe it could automatically start a pile on the ground.

• Like 2

Great idea, I actually might have seen this somewhere else lol. But it is would be nicer to have it go straight to the cart. +1

instead of cart maybe it could automatically start a pile on the ground.

That's a very good idea . It's silly having to drop other items first to start a dirt pile.

Edit - It's how mining works, so why not the same for digging?

Edited by Torgrim
  • Like 1

That's a very good idea . It's silly having to drop other items first to start a dirt pile.

Edit - It's how mining works, so why not the same for digging?

+1

Brilliant!

How do we get this on uservoice ? +1 for change to digging being dirt on the ground.

• Like 1

This would make terraforming much easier, fingers crossed this idea is introduced into the game :)

• Like 1

Dropping directly into the cart, making piles like mining and being able to drag from one container into another would be great

both +1 but I actually prefer the "dirt on the ground" thing ;) maybe if no cart is in range it drops dirt on the ground^^

I like it because I sometimes just want to concentrate on digging itself and its annoying to always drop tools to get that pile working or drag a cart whith me which is always stopping because it moves with every digging action and so loose the drag when overload my inventory or cart is too heavy already >->

ANY of these ideas would be good. All of them (having the option to dig to pile or cart) would be even better. +1

And in reality, when you dig, you pull dirt from one area and heave it to usually a pile, so why wouldn't that be the same? That or right to the cart is a great idea. +1

+1 and if there's no cart targeted it appears on the ground in the tile you are standing in.

• Like 1

That is a good merge between putting it in the cart and on the ground lol

If implemented then dig to pocket goes away in favor of dig to cart if not dig to pile within reach. Then taking dirt from cart or pile goes to pocket for dropping? Flattening often says if you would have some dirt in the pocket it will take care of the left over corners, so at some point you need to carry some dirt.

Well this seems a good suggestion but it makes me wonder why dirt does not stack on the ground like shards and ore does when mining. There must be some sort of reasoning as to why dirt goes into your inventory instead? Possibly because you drop dirt on the ground to raise it up, whereas with shards and ore, if dropped they will not raise the floor levels? Anyway, at least if the dirt went into your cart instead of inventory it would save that transfering step, as well as not having to stop digging from being overoaded with dirt. More work to code and not worth the time required to do so, I suppose.

=Ayes=

+1 and if there's no cart targeted it appears on the ground in the tile you are standing in.