Sign in to follow this  
Telarin

Visual Indicator For Rare Drumroll

It would be nice if we had some kind of visual indicator for the rare drumroll, so that if we have sound off for some reason, we still know when it happens. I was thinking a blue colored message in event along the lines of "You suddenly feel inspired" would be adequate.

• Like 10

I'd like to give about a million +1's to this.

But I can only give one.

+1

nah, those drumrolls are really unnecessary enough as it is... i wouldn't like to be reminded that i failed on making a rare item

I want my timer to flash and go buck wild. The anticipation on watching the timer bar as it slowly ticked down to 0. I'm thinking borderline hilarity will ensue.

-1 I play with sound off all the time and prefer not to hear the drumrolls. If this visual cue is added without an option to turn it off I would be very disappointed. I like the surprise of just *BOOM* there's a rare!

• Like 1

Eh, a line of text that says you are trying for a rare woudl be cool, not really needed, but cool. So +/- 1

FYI to developers the drum-roll doesn't work on Macs, afaik. I've never heard it before, so I have no idea if I had a chance to make a rare.

FYI to developers the drum-roll doesn't work on Macs, afaik. I've never heard it before, so I have no idea if I had a chance to make a rare.

It does. Only thing mac doesnt support is the glowing of rares, at least my mac and several others all report rares will not glow on a mac.

Im neither for nor against this. I play with sound off and enjoy the oh look I got a rare, rather then hearing I failed or succeeded.

Edited by Ruger

+1 i have missed a drumroll once and looked at a shiney nail for quite some time , plus it can help with the complains of people never making or attempting a rare just cuz they have volume off :D, all we can say is "scroll up im sure there is a rare attempt somewhere"

• Like 1

+1

Just make it toggleable for if some people find it annoying. Perhaps a small drum being beaten in the corner of the wurm screen or something

I'd like an event line for when you succeed at rare, though. The little woman and I were imping lamps, one went rare and we couldn't figure out who to blame

i dont see how it can be annoying... most people dont even look at even tab that often plus its a rare, wont happen often

Keep drumrolls for fails, keeps up the suspense.

Also, yes, event line would be nice to look at later if you aren't paying attention