Sign in to follow this  
Laiwyn

How To Read Coordinates (Lol)

Since it seems like it's not common knowledge how to read coordinates in an X, Y plane. I want to give those of you who don't know a mini-lesson:

Step 1: you read the X coordinate first (the horizontal number corresponding to a point within a column (squares, blocks, cells, etc.) in which a location you are trying to convey is located. This is usually found at the top on Wurm maps.

Step 2: you then scroll horizontally from the location you are looking at until you reach the column of y-values. They are usually on the left on Wurm maps. This is the Y coordinate of the location.

Now, without cheating and reading below look for Amish Paradise on this map and come back here.

Double check! You should have seen that Amish Paradise is located at 41,O on the map. If you succeeded, congratulations!

Now wasn't that easy? Go from left to right and then up and down. Left to right... up.. and down. ;)

And make sure if you're using a map that uses X and Y values and doesn't do something different like DarkMalice's new map, label which is the X and the Y. It will save the rest of us the trouble of double checking on the map to make sure you didn't put them backwards.

I'm just poking fun at you guys who write your coordinates backwards. :P

• Like 5

Informative post, the way I remember it is along the stairs and up the corridor ;)

IE along the X and up the Y :)

numerous memory devices for figuring it out, thanks for posting this, though!

it erks me when someone says my deed is "10y,11x" ... boot to the head.

it erks me when someone says my deed is "10y,11x" ... boot to the head.

What he said..

Nice informative post.

It erks me as well that people don't know how to read coordinates as it's taught in every math class in every school in every country. Shows that kids simply don't pay attention sometimes ^^

• Like 2

I remember that X is A Cross get it across? haha

Edited by Lordcuvious
  • Like 1

Lets make it real fun.. lets use orienteering! Or maybe Geo-caching.. place small containers like pouches with items for the person who finds it.. all directions will be provided using real navigation standards... :ph34r:

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 2

Since it seems like it's not common knowledge how to read coordinates in an X, Y plane. I want to give those of you who don't know a mini-lesson:

I guess I was the only one surprised by this comment. Just how? lol.

Edit:

It erks me as well that people don't know how to read coordinates as it's taught in every math class in every school in every country. Shows that kids simply don't pay attention sometimes ^^

Exactly.

Edited by Maozorz