Sign in to follow this  
romp

One Month Until 1.0 Release. How About Some More Pictures

Well,

Here we are one month from release of Wurm 1.0 and I am sure everyone is as excited as I am for the new improvements.

I have been playing since 2006 and the new avatar models and visible armor have been my most sort after item.

How about some more sneak peaks?? hmmm ... or maybe a preview video of the avatar? What has been shown so far is very limited so how about it devs!

• Like 1

Well,

Here we are one month from release of Wurm 1.0 and I am sure everyone is as excited as I am for the new improvements.

I have been playing since 2006 and the new avatar models and visible armor have been my most sort after item.

How about some more sneak peaks?? hmmm ... or maybe a preview video of the avatar? What has been shown so far is very limited so how about it devs!

This is only an internal deadline ;) Doesn't mean it'll pop out then.

• Like 1

This is why we need unified exposure of this stuff on the wurm forums, you know, like that big thread we used to have showing new art. I don't watch twitter garbage.

• Like 1

Funny I didnt see caravels on the test server :huh:

I think Rolf has a private server just for the devs from what i understand.

This is only an internal deadline ;) Doesn't mean it'll pop out then.

Yeah, almost certainly will not release to live on the internal deadline (which to me means code will be complete and ready for some weeks of testing and fixing and polishing up...). Holidays will wipe out a lot of man-hours for that so I'm guessing we won't see it release live until late January or after.

Yeah, almost certainly will not release to live on the internal deadline (which to me means code will be complete and ready for some weeks of testing and fixing and polishing up...). Holidays will wipe out a lot of man-hours for that so I'm guessing we won't see it release live until late January or after.

I bet they are aiming for sometime in Jan a sort of featuring the new year with a new wurm kinda thing.

Wow! Those multi-storey shake roofs are looking excellent! I wonder how much work it will be to build them up 3 levels like the tallest one. Probably worth the effort to make a few like those on central village buildings. Certainly a nice additional option for house building.

=Ayes=

[18:11:49] Dye, used to colour clothing and items with. Colors: R=241, G=237, B=14.

• Like 1

[18:11:49] Dye, used to colour clothing and items with. Colors: R=241, G=237, B=14.

You forgot to add some pictures :)

There is a whole subsection on the boards for it:

http://forum.wurmonl...ks-in-progress/

I think they are working too hard to have time for updates currently though...

I'm aware of this and I check for new posts. I call BS on the last sentence however. If they can take the time to make twitter accounts for Wurm updates, and post updates, then they can make a simple post as well.

How else is a new player to see this stuff? I see people still complaining about lack of animations, or outdated graphics, yet how are they to know where this new stuff is when it's not on the official forums, and unless I'm utterly blind there isn't even an official thread showing where to find this stuff (twitters, etc)? Are the twitter accounts even "official"? This stuff needs to be more public so people see it, and remain hopeful of what's to come, rather than see nothing and leave.

Yeah, it might not be for me to say, but having your soon-to-be new products unveiled in a random forum thread by some random forum member that follows a possibly unofficial twitter account is a terrible way to promote this Wurm 1.0 ordeal. We have a section for incoming graphics and changes, why don't we.... use it?

• Like 3

My last comment was meant to sound a bit ironic, I guess that didn't get through :P

I fully agree with you MrGary.

Altough I have a feeling Rolf doesn't really want to promote anything too much yet. Not until it is actually live. If it is promoted too much now to people on the outside (not playing wurm currently) it means they will go try the game now and be disappointed and never come back. It's better they get them into the game after 1.0 so they get a better first impression.

Still, more teasers would be great.

The reason we periodically post teasers via our own twitter accounts as opposed to posts on the forums is because most of the time the things we post are still WIP.

Take the lights, and colour change I posted above, the lights I'm still very much working on, and even that image posted probably won't be the final outcome of these changes. The colour change has barely been tested, and is also subject to change before it goes live.

Posting this type of thing to an unofficial channel like twitter gives the odd teaser to _potential_ changes and new features.

Forum posts tend to have a heavier meaning behind them in that they are confirmed additions that are definitely coming, and are far enough along to show you pretty much what the final version will be (like the recent lights post).

(This is how I feel at least, I'm not sure about other devs)

• Like 1

How about adding animation to the light sources? I mean fluctuating light, would add great effect to caves especially.

How about adding animation to the light sources? I mean fluctuating light, would add great effect to caves especially.

It does already for fire-based lights.

Im kind of getting bored of the new roof types. I want to see other things already... I dont even care about new roof types or multi story buildings...

Edited by atazs

It does already for fire-based lights.

Lamps are fire based unless you have introduced electricity recently :) But that only means it should be easily implemented for lamp posts as well I guess...

Edited by Torgrim

Lamps are fire based unless you have introduced electricity recently :) But that only means it should be easily implemented for lamp posts as well I guess...

Can I get away by saying that lamps have "glass" covering the flame so the fluctuations would be barely noticeable, if at all?