151 members have voted

1. 1. What should it cost?

• 1s
    • 2s
    • 3s
    • 4s
    • 5s
    • 10s
  2. 2. How long should the cooldown for renaming be (*please note additional comments in OP). Times in real life unless stated otherwise.

• 24 hours
    • 48 hours
    • 1 week
    • 1 month
    • 1 wurm year [approx 6 weeks]
    • 2 wurm years [approx 2 months]
    • 6 months
    • 1 year

Changing names once a week would be a mapmakers nightmare and it is already hard enough for those brave souls who take on the task.

Also many people use deed names to navigate. when I tell people I live near Rockcliff Horizons many know where I am talking about becausee it is Tich's deed and has been there from the beginning. when I am going to Freedom Market and pass through Rohan (Sme's deed) I know I am almost there.

Same when I am traveling to Deli and see Tristan (Kaih's deed) I know I am on the right side of the server to get to my friends place.

If a deed disbands it takes a month or more of neglect b4 it happens so you can say next time this might not be here. But if someone where changing the name every week it would be more confusing than it disbanding.

Free and without cooldown (read this: there should be no fee for the privilege to rename the deed, all other reasons not accounted to)

What I would like added however is the name of the owner appended to this name.

Free and without cooldown (read this: there should be no fee for the privilege to rename the deed, all other reasons not accounted to)

What I would like added however is the name of the owner appended to this name.

As Hodern and others pointed out if it were free and no cooldown it would be used by muted trolls to spam event log.

Only if the deed name change was broadcastable. Of course short cooldown is also ok, but I think anything beyond one day would be excessive.

Edited by Aldur

As Hodern and others pointed out if it were free and no cooldown it would be used by muted trolls to spam event log.

Nothing a good ban cant fix.