151 members have voted

1. 1. What should it cost?

• 1s
    • 2s
    • 3s
    • 4s
    • 5s
    • 10s
  2. 2. How long should the cooldown for renaming be (*please note additional comments in OP). Times in real life unless stated otherwise.

• 24 hours
    • 48 hours
    • 1 week
    • 1 month
    • 1 wurm year [approx 6 weeks]
    • 2 wurm years [approx 2 months]
    • 6 months
    • 1 year

It's been brought up a fair bit in the past, and now we wanted to ask you lot about what you thought would be a fair cost etc. for having the ability to rename a deed.

Please note:

The poll results will not be the final decision on the prices/cooldowns, It is to guage the public feeling on the idea and comments/reasons for or against any of the options in the thread will be the most useful thing for us. I left out 'Free' and 'No cooldown' as options because they simply won't happen.

Additional info regarding cooldowns:

It is likely we will include an optional free rename in the first 24 hours of a deed being planted to correct typos.

Please also note, this thread isn't to argue with other people about costs/cooldowns. If you have comments for/against any of the values in the poll, please add them to the thread and leave it there, don't start commenting on other people's comments.

I wonder if I should start a sweepstake on how many renames there will be in the first 48 hours that it goes live...

Hmmm, left a bit of a gap there, 6 weeks and then 6 months... I'll add a 3 months (2 wurm years) option [i also shifted your vote to it].

1 silver, mostly for when deeds are bought and in case you make a mistake and trust me some fools (myself included) may not notice such typo's for quite some time, be lenient towards us poorly educated types.

10s, 6 months, with an introductory free grace period of 24hrs for new deeds to change in case they can't spell/type.

• Like 5

I left out 'Free' and 'No cooldown' as options because they simply won't happen.

What if you dont want the ability to rename deeds without disbanding them?

Edited by atazs

2s, not too cheap, not too expensive.

A wurm year, it sounds fitting lore-wise.

Why pay for something that can be automated? Just restrict it to six months between changes or maybe one or two times in the lifetime of the village and/or if the settlement deed changes hands. Can't understand why it has to cost anything. I can change the name of my shovel 100 times a day for nothing.

Edited by Sarcaticous

I voted 2s and one rl month if you are buying a deed you don't want to have to wait a long time to change the name. In most cases if you make it 10s you just as well reset the deed not a lot of players have more than 10-20s in the deed to start with. I think anything over 5s would be too extreme i mean it is just a name after all.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Once for cheap within 24 hours of the initial planting, after that once every IRL year for 5s or more. Or never.

3s/24 hrs. If someone wants to spend 20 silver a week changing the name of their deed it won't affect my game play so I see no need for a time restriction.

• Like 3

Maximum 5s, between 1-6 months timer sounds right. Maybe without starting the timer when you create the deed so you can change it once anytime you want.

Also, please let these 5s go back to "The King", not directly to Rolf.

How about adding in that if the deed mayor changes the renaming timer is reset so if you're buying a deed you can rename it right away?

• Like 2

3s/24 hrs. If someone wants to spend 20 silver a week changing the name of their deed it won't affect my game play so I see no need for a time restriction.

Much more money than this, a person might be better off disbanding and restarting.

Why bother having a timer, if someone wants to spend money, that should be the limiting factor.

Sorry Darkmalice and others who take their time to update the maps (thank you for your efforts, it makes game much more enjoyable knowing where things are).

I dont see why this feature shouldnt be allowed. Just make sure its said in twitter/event history "xxx village has been renamed to xxx"

How about adding in that if the deed mayor changes the renaming timer is reset so if you're buying a deed you can rename it right away?

Trade it with your alt -> Infinite renames

Once for cheap within 24 hours of the initial planting, after that once every IRL year for 5s or more. Or never.

This.

FIrst time for free - granted its within the first 24 hours of founding incase of typos.

After that once a real life year and it's fine if it has a hefty pricetag imo. Deed names are used as landmarks and it'd be hella annoying to see them change every 24 hours :P Would make the community map efforts basically useless.

The whole 10s thing being the same cost as refounding but you have cash left over in upkeep (especially for small deeds0 just occured to me so I logged in to mention it. Seems rather over the top to me.

As I've not put my own comments in I shall add them in this post:

I feel a cooldown is required. We don't want people spamming deed name changes. Like other things, deed names can be used to grief or to spam event. We don't want people conversing by deed name change :P Muted people too... Also, keeping track of that could be a nightmare, not only for the reasons listed above, but for maps etc.

As far as cost, I just feel there should be a cost. We WANT deed names to stay around - they make up the lore and history of Wurm, but as deed selling has become more prevelant, and some people over time think of a new cooler name, or just grow tired of the old one, then they can pay for the privilage.

My preferences are for 1 wurm year - it's just a nice value - and for 3 or 5s. For some reason not 4 - can't explain why :P

Trade it with your alt -> Infinite renames

I don't mean for it to be free you will still need to pay for the rename. The reason behind it is that If i buy a deed i don't want to have to wait 6 months to be able to rename it. I do buy and sell a lot of deeds and i don't want to have to wait out a timer every time i want to rename them. (I think i have bought 5 deeds just in the last 3-4 months.)

That said just having the option to change the name is a huge step forward. I have started a little wurm realestate kind of thing i like to buy deeds with traders and redesign them while using the trader income to cover the holding cost for me designing the deed is the most fun part of wurm.

Edited by Kegan

1 wurm year doesn't equate all too well in real-life time though. Would be better going by 3 or 6 real months.

Don't see any reason why it should cost anything. A cooldown of 24 hours sounds fine.

I would like to see this feature implemented. I voted for 6 months cooldown period at a cost of 5s. This is more than reasonable imo, I also think there should be no excuses for a 24 cooldown period. Founding your own deed is a big deal to most players, if it's that big of a deal then just double check your spellings before you complete it, simple as that.

I would also like to see another feature tied in with this one. As time moves on in wurm and we expand our deeds to accomadate more people or land, there is the odd occasion that it cannot be extended further in another way, so the time comes when the Token itself needs to be moved. I would like to see the possibility of the token being moved, with a cool down period aswell, of perhaps 12 months (Real time) at a cost of re-founding a deed. There only needs to be say a 10 tile re-drop zone so that we have the ability to do so, without players abusing it and re-dropping it to grief others.

My .02 cents

Don't see any reason why it should cost anything. A cooldown of 24 hours sounds fine.

+1

1 single free change within first 24 hours of founding a deed, then a 6 month cool down period, then another free rename. I don't get why you should need to pay to change the name of the deed if you have already spent loads on the deed already (and paid for upkeep for at least 6 months).

Whatever is decided, I am certainly in favour of allowing a deed to be renamed, as long as people are not allowed to spam it.