Sign in to follow this  
Draulius

Day To Night Spell (And Vice Versa)

I like the idea of an extremely powerful spell which would turn night to day, or day to night (or simply 24 Wurm hours ahead), therefore speeding up time in Wurm. This would also be great for hurrying up processes such as farming, charcoal making, resetting counters,sooner seasons, and more. The spell would have an extremely high favor cost, perhaps 500 (give or take), and of course require linking. When this spell is cast, it would be announced globally along with who the casters were. There could also be a limit so it is not used often, such as one cast per every Wurm week or two.

EDIT: Of course players or creatures wouldn't be effected negatively, such as getting hungry, thirsty, or older once time is sped up. Only the world would be affected. The cast should also take a while, such as 20 minutes, and players would be warned that it is being casted so they can prepare. If players harvest their crops in time they don't need to worry about the spell withering them.

Edited by Draulius

The idea of once a week speeding up everything by 24 game hours, could have some severe repercussions if it includes things like farming, seasons, processing etc. First, announce all you want but some people do not follow kchat or forums, or they are not online when you announce it, they risk ripe crops turning to weeds, hungry animals turning to starving, injured players/animals dying of their wounds, recently diseased animals keeling over without enough time for them to react If it includes decay, deep upkeeps, and anything else related to "time", You cannot really change the four quarterly "seasons" without affecting when devs load the new visuals for the seasons. I am assuming it affects all servers at once. The full repercussions are difficult to even guess at in advance. Then doing this again once a week ... ack. And it's really mostly to benefit only a few players.

I would not be opposed to something like extending daylight for an extra period (but no other time-passage effects) or something that was far more limited in nature.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Hmm I like the idea but I think it would need more of a benefit than just speeding things up. correct me if im wrong but I think ROS costs less than 500 so this would need to have a big benefit.

It could grow crops faster, quicker grass growth, speed up charcoal making, reset meditation/faith/spell/forage/etc counters, etc. All kinds of things come to mind, I can make a long list. And it'd be for >everyone!<, so I think 500 is a fair cost.

Edited by Draulius

Ros is every how many months? This every wurm week?

People plan their crops around these timers. Speeding them up could affect 1000s of tiles of farmland. People plan them so that they can be on when they're ready to harvest. With such a low timer on this then it would offset everything. This will also impact grape/olive harvesting and since they can be gathered sooner lower their overall worth.

draulius... buddy... read brash's post, again.

my question to people in support of this : "will you compensate my losses if your cast costs me animals, crops and other penalties?"

for that reason, -1, or more.

The spell doesn't have to affect wounds, animal age, item decay, and the like. It would be casted on the world, and only effect the world. As for withering crops, if players harvested them in time they wouldn't really need to worry about it.

Edited by Draulius

The spell doesn't have to affect wounds, animal age, item decay, and the like. It would be casted on the world, and only effect the world. As for withering crops, if players harvested them in time they wouldn't really need to worry about it.

Well they were going to harvest them in time but then you fast forwarded it 24 hours.

I would like to invite you to my farm, just so you can look around at it and you will know just how much this would affect farmers. we spend more than 6 hrs a day just farming and harvesting more than 2000 tiles. for me and many other farmers like me "on time" is a relative term.

for that reason i have to give a -1 as well

say i lose 2000 tiles of farm to your cast, we get between 7 and 10 crops per tile with getting 13 once or twice. so lets take 8 crops per tile times 2000 that's 16000 crops i lose that week, and then i have to replant and spend another week growing new crops so that's another week i don't sell, so your spell just cost me 20 silver easily

Edited by Jesslynn
  • Like 1

Please don't even consider this a possibility, how can this ever be a good thing?

Please don't even consider this a possibility, how can this ever be a good thing?

It would be nice to make night into the day in the sense of making the night look like day...removing darkness I mean. So time still flows the same, but everything is bright so you can see.

• Like 1

This would be way to big to implement. Because it wouldn't just be one person that has it, it would , so you'd have the time being changed around a lot. I think eveyone can live with a bit of dark for an hour or so since a whole Wurm day is 3 hours. It is fine to see at night, and if you don't like then there is always a laturn, torch, lamp, ect.

i would give it a -1>?

Terrible, purely selfishly intended spell. There are hundreds of players, the worst that happens with spells like RoS are you miss out. Worst that happens with this is you actually can get screwed over.

And "counters" for praying, meditating, etc are based on server uptime, not wurm time.

and ofc there is allready a powerful spell for this. just cast REAL LIFE on yourself for the dedicated time.