Sign in to follow this  
Synn

Lighting Bug?

Hi, I'm new to Wurm, and i'm not sure if lighting comes under "model and sound bugs", but here it is. Every time i light my lamps inside my building between about 9am-9pm the light they make is great, but as soon as the sunlight fades enough, every bit of ambiance disappears on the inside of my house completely like someone snuffed them all, but outside is lit up like a Christmas tree (literally as there are 6 lamps of different colours n_n).

The QL of the lamps isn't great, max being maybe 40ql, but surely that should be enough for a decent amount of light inside a 3x2 stone building? I've tried un-dyed lamps apposed to dyed, but they don't differ at all. (the dye QL is also around 40 on each if that's relevant).

The lamps give a great amount of light if i pick them up when moving them around, the entire 3x2 is lit up by just one of them.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in-game, or if my settings are wrong maybe? I use my brother's computer which he uses to play games like Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Battlefield 3 etc, all on Max settings without issues, i've also tried updating the driver's but they are all up to date, so I don't think its a hardware issue.

Maybe there are too many light sources on my Deed, we have probably about 30 or so lamps dotted around the whole town, is there a limit on how many light sources can be active at a time in a x by x area?

Any help is much appreciated!

P.S. I've tried looking on the forums under "lighting" but couldn't find a thread that was similar, but i'm sorry if this is similar to another.

• Like 2

Lamps are spastic and periodically decide not to work if you put them within 5 tiles of one another, regardless of ql.

• Like 2

Ahh lol, i'll just move things around and stick to one decent lamp, thanks for the quick reply Aether!

• Like 4

As far as i know Budda and SaytheB are working on the lighting issue already.

• Like 2

Wow, that's a major difference, I look forward to seeing it ingame! And thanks for the link's, I didn't know about the twitter page!

• Like 2

Thanks Synn, we haven't moved yet to above-surface lighting (Budda likes being underground too much I think..) but once we do I'll keep this in mind to re-visit.

• Like 1

Thanks Synn, we haven't moved yet to above-surface lighting (Budda likes being underground too much I think..) but once we do I'll keep this in mind to re-visit.

Thanks Saytheb!

• Like 2