Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmskills - Tool Showing Your Skills Over Time

Hmmm I seem to have run into a problem, I just tried to make a graph of one of my characters but it's just showing up as blank, can't select anything (no skill groups) but all other characters works fine. The one that is bugged has like 179 skill dumps so maybe it starts to bug out at some point?

Will probably try to remove some dumps and see if it helps.

That couldn't be the issue due to that fact that for myself I have nearly 800 dumps on my main alone.

Hmmm I seem to have run into a problem, I just tried to make a graph of one of my characters but it's just showing up as blank, can't select anything (no skill groups) but all other characters works fine. The one that is bugged has like 179 skill dumps so maybe it starts to bug out at some point?

Will probably try to remove some dumps and see if it helps.

The number of files can't be the reason. I have 3800 dump files in my folder and the program still runs fine.

I understand the problem only occurs with one of your characters? Anything special about that character? Maybe unusual characters in the character name?

Nope no special characters, the character also used to work fine earlier but stopped working at some point. Uhm for some reason it's working again, I haven't rebooted or anything but I have added more skilldumps since... Weird as hell! I'll let you know if I can figure out what the problem was or it returns..

I'm now having the same issue with 2 of my 4 characters.  Switching to their names makes the skills list area blank.  Selected the other 2 show a list of skills.

This is on 102

Update

I found my issue.  There was an "empty" dump from when the servers crashed the other day.  The contents were ...

Skills dumped at 11-Jan-2014
-----

Deleting that file showed the skills list as normal.  Perhaps a check and ignore if an empty file is found woulds bypass this issue ?  

This was the last file created, so if you are using the most recent file to determine what should be on the list, you would only see it right after a crash.

I'm now having the same issue with 2 of my 4 characters.  Switching to their names makes the skills list area blank.  Selected the other 2 show a list of skills.

This is on 102

Very strange. This seems to be a very sporadic effect, as people report here that it works again after a while. No idea what the reason might be, and it's almost impossible to debug as long as it's not really reproducable. I'll check the code and try to find something...

Update

I found my issue.  There was an "empty" dump from when the servers crashed the other day.  The contents were ...

Skills dumped at 11-Jan-2014

-----

Deleting that file showed the skills list as normal.  Perhaps a check and ignore if an empty file is found woulds bypass this issue ?  

This was the last file created, so if you are using the most recent file to determine what should be on the list, you would only see it right after a crash.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Is this project still active as the file is not available on Rapidshare anymore?

Is this project still active as the file is not available on Rapidshare anymore?

Thanks for the heads up! It seems the file was removed from its rapidshare location and I didn't notice. Sorry!

Here is the new link: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/0k5137m2k1hfiu6/WurmSkills102.ZIP

Edited by Yaga

Got this error message: 

Unable to find any player characters with skill dumps in folder:
D:\Games\wurm\players

Maybe the problem is that I play more than one character?

Would it be possible to add a config file, where I can set the paths to the users directly?

Edit: SystemInfo: Win 8.1 64 bit

Edited by Davatar

Got this error message: 

Unable to find any player characters with skill dumps in folder:D:\Games\wurm\players
Maybe the problem is that I play more than one character?

Would it be possible to add a config file, where I can set the paths to the users directly?

Edit: SystemInfo: Win 8.1 64 bit

No, WurmSkills scans your game installation folder for all your characters and lets you pick one of them. However, the message means what it says: the program cannot find any skill dump folders. Skill dumps have to be enabled in Wurm Online, and they are saved to "<game installation folder>\players\<character>\dumps.

Please read the chapter "Prerequisites" in the program help file:

The program will draw graphical charts of your Wurm Online skills. To be able to do this it needs to analyze "skill dump" files created by the Wurm Online client. Those skill dumps are not generated unless you explicitly enable the option in the Wurm settings:

Dl4BN7Z.jpg

Every time you exit the Wurm client a skill dump file will be generated. (To obtain useful charts you should have dump files for a larger time period - at least a couple of weeks.)

Alternatively you may also create single dump files by opening the Wurm console (press F1 while in game) and entering "dump skills".

Edited by Yaga

Ok thanks, it works now. I had a Wurm Online Client Crash and afterwards the setting "Save skills on exit" got reset somehow...However, great tool, thanks :D

• Like 1

Yaga can you create one that uses the skill logs?

it would be alot more information that can be represented by the second so the graph would be more detailed

be able to zoom / scroll along the timeline would be nice also :P

i have 24 highly detailed skill logs that were generated with the "always" setting for tics, but only 4 manual dumps from when i started x)

im sure you have some but for discussion sake it should be fairly easy to sort the data in those files into a graph, as it looks like this

_Skills.2013-12.txt

Logging started 2013-12-01
[00:02:28] Mind increased by 0.000011 to 35.319168
[00:02:41] Mind increased by 0.000011 to 35.319180
[00:02:41] Mind logic increased by 0.000011 to 41.239048
[00:02:41] Repairing increased by 0.000614 to 41.16953

Logging started 2013-12-02
[13:31:45] Mind increased by 0.000031 to 35.345871
[13:31:45] Body control increased by 0.000050 to 34.288490
[13:31:54] Body increased by 0.000027 to 38.280582
[13:31:54] Tailoring increased by 0.000145 to 64.85311

so you have the choice to show the graph by month/day/hour/minute or second

possible?

still a beautiful tool if you have the dumps, i will start using that setting and see how detailed i can get a graph

Skill logs, eh? ;)

Well, I am aware that some of you want me to add skill log analysis to WurmSills - and it is an awesome idea! To be honest I'm wondering why I didn't think of it in the first place! Unfortunately I am busy with other projects at the moment (one of them being an extensive "scientific" research program on the physics and astronomy of the Wurm universe), so I can't make any promises.

In addition I'm working on a new version of WurmClock, because I want to include a calendar function (among other things). However, I'm pretty sure I will also resume work on WurmSkills eventually - so I must ask you to bear with me and be patient. I'll not forget you, guys! :)

ooo thats sounds really interesting, will have to tell me more about that!

Awesome feature! this actually inspires me to create one that reads live data from the skills tab ingame, which is allready automatically writting to text on every update if i'm not mistaken. And for cross-platform. sad panda is sad this tool is windows only. 

I find that if you have multiple toons when you run this it checks the first one (alphabetically) and will error out if that first toon does not have a dump. It doesnt seem to care if any other toon has a dump as long as that one does. Once i copied and pasted a dump in this toon i was able to run it and then use it on the one i wanted.

Thanks Yaga for this. found it only now and im using it now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ame said:

Thanks Yaga for this. found it only now and im using it now

Thanks, Ame. Maybe I should give this half-forgotten tool a bit of love again... 🙂