Sign in to follow this  
Taurus

Locking Of Inconvenient Topics

With all this talk of PR, do any of you really consider this game to have any type of conventional PR? I'll be forgiving and just ask that if there is a PR department, does it actually stay in contact with the developers of this game?

Yeah, daily I see at least 2 members of the PR team and the devs talking. And that's a minimum.

Hi!

Allowing a deed to use democracy as a way to elect a new mayor allows this to happen. In the future do not use the democracy settings.

Thank you.

better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

• Like 2

Yeah, daily I see at least 2 members of the PR team and the devs talking. And that's a minimum.

Links please. I'd also love to see this process in action then.

What channel? I know the mods and staff have a private channel thats not avaible to public. So if they are discussing it there then can i ask why? And as jack said we want to see them doing it

Edited by atazs

Not aware of any game that gives you a real time view into team discussions. Just like players vent in public or private (tells), staff generally need a place they speak without fear of it being taken out of context or to voice their own opinions/comments on a topic.

Unless of course, you want them to have a real time/active view into all of your conversations as well?

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 1

How do you think things like this come about? http://forum.wurmonl...-renaming-poll/ They just magically appear at the end of the rainbow?

I tought horden came up with that idea. Also you didnt answer my questions. Please stop avoiding them

Edited by atazs

Did you link the wrong page or something? Was this page supposed to show me recent activity between Devs and this supposed PR department? Or were you just trying to be the typical volunteer staff wannabe that thinks they are witty?

If you haven't figured it out, PR is supposed to be the link between the Devs and the customers.

Here, try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_relations Pay close attention to the FIRST SENTENCE.

It seems that, like the rest of the volunteer staff around here, you've been instructed in the ways of treating customers like a punching bag. If you don't have links to show where the PR department is relaying information about recent decisions made in game about controversial issues, then I suggest you stop being so condescending and find me the information, or find someone who does have the information I want.

• Like 2

Did you link the wrong page or something? Was this page supposed to show me recent activity between Devs and this supposed PR department? Or were you just trying to be the typical volunteer staff wannabe that thinks they are witty?

If you haven't figured it out, PR is supposed to be the link between the Devs and the customers.

Here, try this http://en.wikipedia....lic_relations�� Pay close attention to the FIRST SENTENCE.

It seems that, like the rest of the volunteer staff around here, you've been instructed in the ways of treating customers like a punching bag. If you don't have links to show where the PR department is relaying information about recent decisions made in game about controversial issues, then I suggest you stop being so condescending and find me the information, or find someone who does have the information I want.

Kind of funny how he replied like 4 times in a short span of time and now its been hours and we still didnt get a proper link or answers to my question

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Teutates, November 6, 2012 - OT
Hidden by Teutates, November 6, 2012 - OT

Kind of funny how the forums were down for a bit there. If you want to see staff discussions, become a member of staff, otherwise the proper department will let you know when changes are made and what decisions they have come to.

Ok at at this point were now harassing the guys giving the information and Dutiful respect for those in authority seems to have gone out with the bathwater.

So unless the thread gets back into a mode of decent conversation with R E S P E C T and V A L U E for the people your talking to via text id suggest locking this one.

Its fine to questions actions and bring up differing points of view and DISCUSS them in an open way..

Just be aware of the wait for it R E S P E C T I N G people and having a true exchange of ideas.. Othere wise we ge the classical Eve in Jita Barrens chat in WoW sydrome.

Just my 2

copper

Ok at at this point were now harassing the guys giving the information and Dutiful respect for those in authority seems to have gone out with the bathwater.

So unless the thread gets back into a mode of decent conversation with R E S P E C T and V A L U E for the people your talking to via text id suggest locking this one.

Its fine to questions actions and bring up differing points of view and DISCUSS them in an open way..

Just be aware of the wait for it R E S P E C T I N G people and having a true exchange of ideas.. Othere wise we ge the classical Eve in Jita Barrens chat in WoW sydrome.

Just my 2

copper

I'm lost on what you are trying to say there.

I think you are all wearing your tin foil hats way to tight, thinking that there is a vast conspiracy to cover up bad PR.

For example, the thread you posted for your example was closed for a good reason, it was resolved. (The rules were stated)

Locking means that the topic is complete, deleting well maybe you might be onto something.

Kind of funny how he replied like 4 times in a short span of time and now its been hours and we still didnt get a proper link or answers to my question

I bet there's a conspiracy somewhere...

Just a quick question - if the PR team is there to relay relevant information to the public & players, why would the public & players then get access to chat logs between devs and the PR team? Would that just not defeat the purpose of the PR team?

• Like 2

Not to be mean but i am not sure what the PR team has been doing to be honest.

Yeah I know tehre were a handfull of blog posts and the irc bot beta test, but since then? no clue.

With two of them I'm not entirely sure if they even play Wurm anymore.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/68612-come-see-wurm-on-facebook-and-twitter-win-mega-rare-prizes/

^ That had nothing to do with the PR team right? What's the conspiracy on it?

PR does a lot of things behind the scenes, things you never see hide nor hair of. Quite a bit of the normal PR stuff they don't have to handle because the devs and graphics teams have the ability to post what they want when they want. Welcome to an indy game. Come to think of it, Max was actually working on unifying all the dev and art team posts to a single feed. Totally not PR related. Oh, and the surveys/ tests on lag.

The best PR team is the one that doesn't have to be seen.. they put out the fires before they become problems... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Unfortunately around here, seems to mean folks have more time to focus on the other things.. talk about a lose-lose situation for them lol