Sign in to follow this  
sebby

Istant Crash On Clicking "play"

After launching the client and clicking "play" after the client has checked the sound and graphics jars, the client closes as normal and opens the game, but the game window only appears for a split second and then closes instantly. The operating system is a Mac OS X. There is no error report or log.

EDIT: The title should be read "close" instead of "crash" and "Instant" instead of "Istant".

Edited by sebby

I'm not running OS X, I'm on Win7 but basically the same thing is happening to me. The only difference is that instead of closing instantly my window stays open with a black screen and will not respond to anything but a task manager end program. It's weird because I haven't updated Java and it worked fine roughly 10 hours ago.

EDIT: Weird, works now. :s

Edited by Laiwyn

Unfortunately, something got removed from Oracle Java 7 on MacOS which the current LWJGL version requires to run. This is being worked on by the lwjgl team and we'll release an updated client as soon as we can.

Until then, I think the only way to get wurm running on MacOS is by using Java 6. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Had the same issue so used the inbuilt java 6 instead, now works fine

Java 6 is proving rather elusive for me, how can i install it?

Thank you all for your help, i'll try the apple support link.

I've tried following the instructions on the page. However, trying to open the wurm client will leave me with a message telling me "To open this Web Start application, you need to download the Java Runtime Environment.". Clicking "more info" will simply lead me back to the java home page to download java 7. Despite that, i can run minecraft, which uses java, perfectly fine.

EDIT: i've verified my Java version on the Java home page, it says i have Java version 6 update 37.

Edited by sebby

I suspect you just need to activate it, go into Applications -> Utilities -> Java -> Java Preference

You just need to change the order of Java versions to use - once Java SE 6 is on the top of the list, it should be activated.

To check that Java 6 is correctly activated go Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal and to type the command: java -version and see what comes back