Sign in to follow this  
Acheronia

Arched Wall Building Materials

I was wondering why an arched wall require the same amount of bricks as a solid wall.

For me it makes more sense to use a support beam to start an arched wall and then use between 10 and 15 bricks and mortar to complete.

Or some variation on that.

• Like 2

Just be glad we are getting cool new stuff to build it is taking enough time for them to add it in why make them work harder. I would rather see the time used to add another cool wall type rather than coding having to be done to take a few bricks out of the equation.

The thing is though if we don't ask for these changes to happen now, what are the chances of something like this getting changed down the road once everyone gets used to this? It'll just become another one of those "wogic" things that never gets fixed. It's illogical and a waste of resources. So, I agree with the OP.

And on second thought, if something's going to implemented wouldn't it be better to do it correctly the first time instead of having to dig back through the code and change it? Food for thought...

Edited by Laiwyn

Well if we are going to use logic then each solid wall needs to be what 100 bricks?

Edited by Kegan

Well if we are going to use logic then each solid wall needs to be what 100 bricks?

yea, they should use a few less materials

but if not i still love arched walls anyway :P

It's because I'm lazy :). But will eventually go over that code again and then it can be fixed.

• Like 1

When you go over that code make sure t include the wood for doors, window frames and arches.

Its because you first build a complete regular wall, and then knock a hole in it. :D