Sign in to follow this  
Mattown

Only On Epic Guys

Nobody's deed is ever totally done. People tinker and fiddle with their deeds endlessly. This type of stuff just gives you more to do. I mean, unless you are some kind of weirdo who likes to grind yoyos and milling.

Accwin is grinding milling. It also happens to be his affinity now xD

having only 1 affinity is overrated.

So is buying them ;)

Nobody's deed is ever totally done. People tinker and fiddle with their deeds endlessly. This type of stuff just gives you more to do. I mean, unless you are some kind of weirdo who likes to grind yoyos and milling.

Hey now, that stuff is perfect for when you take breaks from building and stuff. I've even got an affinity in yoyo...

That said, stuff like this is hard to work with, as surface mining is simply 1:1 your skill, not the 3:1 like with digging. Also when making an entrance, it seems to pop the bottom entrance tile border down to the rock layer, which is rather awkward.

Oh god that's hilarious. We were warned though; that's literally stuff Rolf expected Epic players to deal with when he opened the servers. I believe he actually wrote something along the lines of your village turning into a volcano and your items being stuck at the bottom of a crater, etcetera.

Never mind that it *does* look like a way to make more money off deeds...

I don't think I ever trusted the business model of this game.

Atazs those trenches that MR made outside WDBYYNMP were the reasons that apparently made rolf decide to make it so that surface mining was only a 1:1 ratio instead of 3:1. (NOTE THIS MECHANIC ONLY EFFECTS CHAOS!)

This is exactly why I don't bother with Epic. It's another senseless waste of money.

I hope the re-add full PvP at the wilds so people could fight without these events in the way.

This is exactly why I don't bother with Epic. It's another senseless waste of money.

Because there's a slim chance your place may be destroyed? ....Okay, then Epic was never for you at all in the first place, raiders can easily do the same damage without the terraform.

Edited by Loremaster

Actually, this subject was talked about during the pre-launch of epic...

Rolf mentioned specificly that deeds wouldnt be targeted...

Clearly I didn't read the fine print that my deed could be obliterated at whim without any hope of holding off my "attackers."

I can fix a hole in my walls no problem. I have no patience for this foolishness and would never buy a new deed if this happened.

There was no fine print. This was plastered all over the information about Epic. LOL. A deed got a little messed up. So what? Time to move.

The game's claim to fame is that you can change the landscape. So why is everyone getting bent out of shape when the landscape wants to change itself?

It would be nice if the pillars/towers weren't so buggy.

I do feel for you, it's alot of work going to "waste" but it is clearly a game feature and it's also a PvP environment, you could have suffered alot of damage from a player raid as well. Playing on these types of servers isa gamble, nothing is guaranteed to last forever.

Never mind that it *does* look like a way to make more money off deeds...

I don't think I ever trusted the business model of this game.

Get real.

The devs let people use traders to generate free coin and play totaly free if they care to put in the effort. The fee to pay for the game is just about the cheepest anywhere.

There is more danger of Rolf getting insufficent revenue than plotting to make extra money.

My condolences.

I am so glad I finally decided to stay away from Epic.

(My initial reaction thoughts: I'm not trying to make matters worse.... but with that kind of mountain spawn why wasn't EVERYTHING destroyed as a result? The event should have destroyed everything... it should have even killed the horses imho. This is another part of Epic that makes no sense to me at all. I'm not trying to be mean or nasty it's just.... oh nvm. I just don't get it.)

Edited by Kyrmius

it4Nm.png

House of Epicness is now Epic.

If you dont want that place you shuld totaly auction off that deed.

Edited by GravityDog

Mmm I hope sky bridges are doable with multistory or some later bridge adaption. Though multistory will prob not support entrances to the upper levels :unsure:

Imaging if they dropped the level further... tell me a house on the vertical wall would not have been Epic in deed!

i would've stayed, but the caves inside are very, very glitched

I can imagine, and it has to be frustrating, but it is still impressive to see.