Sign in to follow this  
dadd

Marco Checking...

Seems the person thats actually banned isnt stressing as much about this as the rest of you and has accepted the consequences despite it being a mistake....props to you dadd.

• Like 1

and to amadee, yes, the wrong answer and getting kicked anyway was a direct accident on my part,

So wait are you telling me that this current macro checking system is run by GMs? and not automatically?

Thanks Pacer for the disclosure, it's what a lot of people needed to hear. Knowing that the decision is double and triple checked and backed by the whole team makes me more comfortable. That doesn't save you from making mistakes though, in a case where everyone is basing their decision on the same faulty base for example.

The reason I'm saying this is that it seems odd to me that dadd got banned, despite correctly answering the macro check. So what was the purpose of that check anyway?

If you had enough other evidence to be sure of macroing, that check was completely superfluous and you could have banned him straight away. But if you had a doubt about it, that check should have defused your suspicion, not confirm it.

Seems the person thats actually banned isnt stressing as much about this as the rest of you and has accepted the consequences despite it being a mistake....props to you dadd.

He has probably resigned to it because he has been told that there is nothing he can do about it. Others are a bit more agitated.

So wait are you telling me that this current macro checking system is run by GMs? and not automatically?

I sure hope not, because it's impossible for the human mind to observe patterns like that with any kind of reliability. (it tends to detect patterns where there are none)

It would explain why dadd was banned the way he descripted though.

Edited by Keldun

I am glad that I read this thread, if not for the reason it exists.

Perhaps this should be made clear to players, this question/attendance check mechanic. I am telling you that if I had gotten a random stupid question like that, not knowing what it was for, I would have been very tempted to smart off. And then invite others to smart off in Freedom Global chat. Surely I cannot be the only person who makes fun of things like that.

Also, I presume the question is asked in English? I wouldn't bet money on the result of some player trying to throw that in a translation program and get a cogent response.

I appreciate the work of the Wurm staff to prevent cheating, truly, I have seen games die for lack of such care. I hope this issue can be addressed, though. Testing mouse accuracy and English proficiency may not be the best way to determine if a player is present. :/

- Teggs

I always have worried about false positives in the macro detection system. Dadd got profiled and incorrectly categorized as a t^Hmacroer. So sad. I guess catching the occasional macroer, if that even happens, is worth slapping the faces of well known and respected players like Dadd? Come on staff be a little more rigorous with your investigations to prevent this kind of failure. And yes, whoever the staff member was, you failed utterly at your duty.

• Like 1

you all know as well as I that only so much can be disclosed about the workings of the inner systems. I can say that on almost ALL macro cases, 2 GM's are present, so your insinuations can be put away there cartrip.

Every case is reviewed by the entire team, logs verified, etc

on that note, I am locking this topic to prevent further spiraling.

• Like 2