Sign in to follow this  
dadd

Marco Checking...

I have just recieved a permanent banned on my priest ( Franek) also a 30 day ban on my Wurm ip connection . I was on two accounts , Franek and Sye ,,, Franek i was praying and eating and drinking at the same time i am fishing on Sye... i was asked a Marco question on Sye, what starts with A, i clicked the ring next Apple ., also said Hi in local , next min i recieved a ban, i am a bit confused ... Also i have sent a message to a few Gms but not sure what to do as i am fairly upset atm

Cheer Dadd.

I hope so as i will have a decent sale ,,,, Dadd, Sixiron, Bomberagain, Bloodyhell, Pinkdaisy, Robert, Erazor, Franek, Sye, Clips, 3 Vyn priests and 3 more Fo Priests all fairly good accounts, may be an omen to move on lol. Cheers for your wishes Bob.

Cheers Dadd

Edited by dadd
  • Like 1

Try IRC dadd, I see atleast 3 GMs online there though their slow in their response Im sure you will get something. Hope this does get sorted out as that sounds like it quiet possibly was an accident(as horrible as that sounds).

Edit: I know you've been around for awhile but in case you do not know how to connect to the irc server without wurm try www.rizon.net/chat the channel is #wurm and nick is whatever you choose. Again best of luck.

Edited by Ruger

another sickening thing ,i personally can verify the dadd is the king of afk grinding and does not macro add me to that list if this dont get sorted

• Like 3

What a slap in the face to one of the oldest members of this community... Hey at least it wasn't 273 years!

Well just to note -- you can macro and be at your computer. You can easily answer a question and talk and be there, but having a macro program run. The timestamps would show a pattern of it, which is how you get flagged in the first place I imagine. Not that I am accusing you or saying you did such, I am just saying answering the question isn't really all the proof they would need to catch a macro-user.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

It would be easy to make a macro operate in such a way that the periods between actions are random. Just sayin.

• Like 2

unbelievable, dadd doesn't macro, he wouldn't have a clue how to even set up a macro! I really hope whoever put that through, did the extra checks such as moving them slightly away from their spot, and having another GM present. Considering he even answered the question would tell you that he was there. Whoever put the ban through must have been pretty eager.

I really hope this gets resolved, because it sounds sloppy.

Edited by Maximustehgreat
  • Like 2

This is getting all to Techo now for me, so best to say how i play Wurm , a bloody lot lol,.

I have two purpose built computers to play Wurm , they are on one desk together two key boards two big screens ( at my age they need to be big)etc,

I offen have 6 accounts on at once, yesterday i think i had 3 as i had dadd in bed getting some SB for mining. I have bind keys like most, on Franek i have my finger pushing the P button until i get the busy sign, then go to Sye to fish twice and repair once , and in this time i would have pushed the P key on Franek 2-3-4 more times even without looking at that screen, yes i do push the key down without looking etc ,, but i assure you i dont lock it down or what it was that i am banned for. This i might do for hours as known by most play along side in wurm.

I dont cheat nor did i let anyone who lived in any of my Villages cheat,,, all i do is play wurm hard core and a long time as if i could do /time on dadd i think it would be about 800 Days.

So lets just leave this to the GMs .

Cheers Dadd

Edited by dadd
  • Like 4

I can tell Dadd won't ever cheat, im 100% sure for that.

That macro-check however, could be a problem as when i received it last time, it appeared on ALL characters i had logged in. Thats 5 macro-checks same time. Luckily i have all visible same time so i answered questions and nothing bad happened. But in this case, sounds like you didn't notice Franeks macro-check? Maybe system thinks you cheated as you continued playing on other char while Franek waited with macro-check...

Anyways Rolf better sort this out fast!

So Dadd ended up with the Sye account. I was idly wondering a few days ago what had happened to it B)

I wouldn't be surprised if the macro checking system is wrong. No offense but the quality of of the software ( wurm ) in general is pretty bad. Even simple updates like fords are not properly working, let aside a macro checking system that :

1)Is more complex than fords

2)Is not well beta-tested since it's well known that nobody bots/macros in wurm online.

3)Is part of a core code architecture that one half of the creators ( Notch ) has stated in his blog that he considers himself a very bad programmer.

It is a fact that this system trigger frequency is so low that it happens once in a blue moon. The player base is small enough , under 1k players and with such triggering frequency its pretty easy to manually check players. Instead of relying in an automated system , simply log suspicious behavior and check it by hand the following days. He who botted, will always bot.

Edited by Issle

2)Is not well beta-tested since it's well known that nobody bots/macros in wurm online.
  • Like 1

Clearly you missed the point of the argument which is translated in common logic : "The percentage of macroers is not big enough to give enough testing feedback about the usability and correctness of that system. Things used in everyday wurm are still bugged, let aside things that happen rarely".

Edited by Issle

The player base is small enough , under 1k players...

These two statements are wrong

A couple of "feedbacked" and still bugged game mechanics say the first statement stands and a couple of /who command says the second statement is also true. The average online player count at a given time in wurm is under 1k.

Edited by Issle

Ive never even had a macro check in my 3 years of wurm playtime

• Like 1

Ive never even had a macro check in my 3 years of wurm playtime

Me nither i guess i am not hard core enough for it or the ones that do get checked get checked for a reason..idk I do admit though i don't grind my skills i just build/play and the skills come naturally. If i had to grind skills i would quit in a week it is just not my play style.

• Like 2

I have had macro checks in the past when mining. Guessing it is because what else are you going to do but mine. If you love it, maybe admire your rocks or ore. I just was getting a job done and did get my macro check there. It has been a while ago though.

2 folks though that have been checked lately and answered the question right and both get bans for it. Sounds to me like mechanics aren't working right.

• Like 1

Wasn't this conversation supposed to be on how to prevent faulty macro bans ? Why is everyone providing information how to cheat without getting caught o0 ?

I wouldn't be surprised if the macro checking system is wrong.

do you even know how macro checking in wurm works?

Edited by Alyeska

Wasn't this conversation supposed to be on how to prevent faulty macro bans ? Why is everyone providing information how to cheat without getting caught o0 ?

I thought this conversation was about the silliness of a legit player being banned.

• Like 2