Sign in to follow this  
Baboso

Potted Trees Suggestion

Okay so after coming to this part of the forums, and getting side tracked by many other posts, I finally made it to my own.

What I wanted to suggest would be a way to plant trees in buckets using a bucket, dirt, water and sprouts. They should be limited on how big they can get while growing in the pot. They should also be place-able in side buildings just like a normal bucket and picked up with enough body strength, but not too much.

This would be nice as you could pot a bunch of trees ahead of time and be able to replant them with little to no failures versus attempts. The potting failure should be the same when planting normal sprouts on a normal dirt tile.

I apologize if this has been suggested before and appreciate you taking the time to read this. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

this just proves that what i think comes true! well it begins to come true

+1

more styles of pots too able to add em to your house walls for a planter on your window

Edited by jonnystarr

+1 Sounds great, I would use them for decor and to get some trees ready for planting when I'm done terraforming parts of my deed. Maybe they could max out as mature in the bucket (but perhaps appear as a young tree since mature ones are still pretty big), then when you replant them in the ground they are full size mature.

Yeah this is awesome. Im glad that this is causing the creative "juices" to flow.

I like it just for the fact you can have a plant inside your house we need a little greenery in there. We already have the model for smaller trees but i would guess the replanting thing would be a little over the top and i think it would have to be some kind craftable item. I can't see them allowing a plant option on a bucket but who knows

Defiantly a good idea, could really use a little extra decor to add to houses. And simple enough right now, you could maybe even use a barrel to do the job. Click an empty barrel, right click dirt and a piece. Then add sprout of particular tree. Then I don't know if it would be a nice idea to have a water level inside the pot that you have to fill up. Would be cool because it adds more to the game, but not cool as it would require more upkeep time. And if you want to remove the tree simple take a sickle or axe or whatever and cut, you'd get no logs or anything back except be able to plant something else in the barrel. Use an earlier growth stage of the grape bush and it would look like a bonsi tree lol. Anyhoo, +1

Simple craft-able items would do, but if done why not do it right and make the feature have multiple purposes. Now, i certainly dont want to have to water plants everyday I log in but require upkeep similar to lamps would be okay.

Oh Brandonsf, how nice of you to join us! Hey bud.

Edited by Baboso

+1

I really like this idea. Also gives Pottery skill a little more love..

I like this. I've always liked suggestions about letting people plant herbs in pots too, to make them harvestable and nice decoration.

Is there a problem with someone putting hundreds of these on just a few tiles? I'm thinking fps drop etc because obviously the way things are at the moment there's just one tree per tile max.

+1 Great idea, the more stuff you can have in pots the better.

Make them bashable and and leave debris too so we can properly trash other peoples deeds on PvP servers :P

Well, i would be super happy if you can load the fully grown potted tree into a catapult. Hey has anyone tried to do this with a felled tree by chance?

I love this idea! There isn't much you can do to decorate the inside of your home right now, so it looks rather barren and cold. Potted trees and flowers would be wonderful to have.

"Is there a problem with someone putting hundreds of these on just a few tiles? I'm thinking fps drop etc because obviously the way things are at the moment there's just one tree per tile max."

I am happy with them being decorations like BSB and FSB but with a higher limitation to how many different pots can fit on a tile, just like normal items. ie, dropping a few pelts doesn't make a pile unless you drop a shovel or something else.