Sign in to follow this  
Makarus

Deed Votes.

Deed Mayor Votes  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Governance change, allow "unvotable mayor" to deed settings

• Yes
    • No

remember... a village is nothing without villagers... you dont own the deed you lease it, sure imma get alot of hate for this but its the truth,

plus if a mayor was good enough and got voted out for being inactive he can easy be voted back into power if the villagers liked him :D

Edited by shadowblasta

You should amend this statement. There are deeds created by 2-3 people who go in on it together to pay upkeep and keep the place running, However, ONE person has to hold the writ. Additionally, if you've ever looked at the looking for workers requests there are people who are content to have people build their deeds for them.

And thats why you have a democracy setting.

I voted YES.

I still operate my deed(s) as a "Homestead" and not a Village. I still disagree with the Homestead category of deed being removed during the 2010 revamp...Why?.... because not all deeds will be run as villages no matter how mad that makes some Players and Devs. People do different things with deeds besides running a village.This is a sandbox mmo and I will run my deed as I see fit damnit, and that will be as a Homestead. Only themepark mmos tell Players that Players have to do stuff only one way, and telling Players that all deeds are "Villages" is about as themepark as somebody can get imho.

I as a Deed owner should be able to invite a player to be my guest on my deed without fear that a guest could ever take over said deed. Under the current deed system that means the guest will be a citizen. No "guest", even if they are a citizen, should ever be able to vote out the owner as mayor unless that deed as been set to democracy by that owner/mayor.

If the Deed is set as a Democracy then of course the citizens should have the right to vote in a new mayor.... but deeds that are set to democracy will tend to be real villages, not homesteads or other like most of us run. Yes I believe most deeds are run as Homesteads or "Land Trusts" ("Land Reserves"), not as villages. We don't need to go back to the old system imo, but Players need to get the idea out of their heads that all deeds are villages. That will never be true.

If some Players want to allow other Players to vote them out as Mayor then that's thier choice. "To Each His or Her Own." I just don't want it to happen to me, and I want the settlement options to keep that from happening.

I will never say yes to a request from another Player to join my deed as a citizen, nor shall I invite another Player until I have 100% control of my deed through settlement options.

To me that means.... Yes we need to have the "vote out the mayor" option removed from Dictatorship Deeds/settings.

Does that mean I am probably a jerk? Maybe... but since we have to have deeds just to keep the thieves off our porch in Wurm then by the gods I better be able to keep Players from voting me off the porch as well.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 3

A lot of really good discussion and points throughout the thread, but I have to wonder.. am I the only one that finds it funny we're basically voting on not allowing voting options for a dictatorship deed?

Just one of those, "funny to me" ideas...

You should amend this statement. There are deeds created by 2-3 people who go in on it together to pay upkeep and keep the place running, However, ONE person has to hold the writ. Additionally, if you've ever looked at the looking for workers requests there are people who are content to have people build their deeds for them.

That's a valid point. Even if the mayor makes things a democracy, couldn't the mayor just change the settings to make it a dictatorship after the fact? Or is that disabled?

Perhaps an option to split the deed/use it up, so that no one holds it and you have to vote to make changes to the settings.

There are always going to be ways to grief it by the mayor or by the citizens, but this idea is just a nice medium and really wouldn't be a hard option to add. It makes a great medium-term fix to a problem. Working it so the citizens and mayor can't grief eachother would have to come after

remember... a village is nothing without villagers... you dont own the deed you lease it, sure imma get alot of hate for this but its the truth,

plus if a mayor was good enough and got voted out for being inactive he can easy be voted back into power if the villagers liked him :D

I'd say the vast majority of deeds are 1-4 man operations, if most villages had 50-60 members, your statements might carry some weight, inviting a few people and losing your deed would be a pain for most players, I'm sure most will always be sure to have the majority of characters be their alts or good friends to keep it so it's not possible to be voted out.

PS. Talking about Freedom, not Epic or the large sized deeds that are common in the pvp aspect of Wurm.

will be good if rolf change that.. atlast for freedom servers. idea still have my 1+

Yes, Thank you Rolf! Some keep saying you don't listen to us in the forums, but I knew you'd see the sense in this idea!