Sign in to follow this  
Makarus

Deed Votes.

Deed Mayor Votes  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Governance change, allow "unvotable mayor" to deed settings

• Yes
    • No

This is a mechanic that has bothered me since first planting my deed.

Even without setting to a democracy, a deed owner is forced to trust his villagers not to swindle him out of a deed.

At low placement/upkeep values this isnt a huge deal, btu on a multi gold deed this could be a real issue.

That said, my suggestion is this:

Autocracy : Zero % chance of removal of mayor. AKA - mayor is OWNER of deed.

Oligarchy : 80% required to vote new mayor in.

Democracy : 50% or whatever it is now, required to vote a new mayor in.

I feel this would resolve a lot of issues.

please vote yes.

• Like 5

I might see the need to vote people out on a PvP server but for PvE here is no need to allow a dictatorship deed to be be voted on.

• Like 1

It could be a problem when a Major goes missing and the citizens can't do anything but leave.

But it is an option that the Major has to give, it should never be forced on him. When people join such a deed it's their own risk.

Edited by Keldun

Tie it to mayoral inactivity then, after say 60 days the mayorhood comes under dispute?

• Like 2

While there are workarounds (not allowing invite permissions, loading the village with alts) I do agree that this is needed at least on pve servers

Edit: as for villages where the mayor goes inactive... tough! you are just a guest in their town ;)

Edited by Wraithglow
  • Like 2

Defiently make a mode for a mayor that can't be voted out of office. It has been thrown into the wide open now how that can be exploited (not saying it's a bad thing, just that many people know how you can exploit it now). This poll I think comes directly from what happened to Rockybalboa, read his topic for more: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/68969-stolen-deed-pink-pearl-in-hands-of-gms/

So mayors that can't be voted out I think is just the perfect idea to implement and it can't be exploited because any player who joins a village with a mayor who is using this system will be aware of what they are joining, so as it was already stated it would be at their own risk to join. +1

The three people who said no must be Angelica and her friends.. it is just stupid not to have this option.

Tie it to mayoral inactivity then, after say 60 days the mayorhood comes under dispute?

Sorry but no, wen you buy a deed form and fill the up keep of your deed you own it as long as the upkeep remains, even if you don´t login in like 50 years, the deed is your propery, payed with your money.

If the deed hapen to be headless villagers haev the liberty to leave and settle in any other place. As a free citizen (not talking about not being premium) i don´t have the obligation to join a village, and if i join this shouldn´t give me the rigth to take it from his true owner, even if i put money in the up keep, i do it because i want.

I see the democracy setting as a good thing, if you want to joint with other/s to found a deed, and you have an agreement about obtaining the form and funding the upkeep as partner, and in this case a elected mayor can be removed/changer for wichever razon you want. but in autocracy, no one should be able to strip of a mayor from his property, for no razon.

My 2 cents.

Salu2.

Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 2

PVE & PVP

You may be a valued part of the village (all of my villagers qualify.)

You're still living on someone else's dime. If you can't handle inactivity, it may be time to move, or learn patience.

• Like 2

Sorry but no, wen you buy a deed form and fill the up keep of your deed you own it as long as the upkeep remains, even if you don´t login in like 50 years, the deed is your propery, payed with your money.

If the deed hapen to be headless villagers haev the liberty to leave and settle in any other place. As a free citizen (not talking about not being premium) i don´t have the obligation to join a village, and if i join this shouldn´t give me the rigth to take it from his true owner, even if i put money in the up keep, i do it because i want.

I see the democracy setting as a good thing, if you want to joint with other/s to found a deed, and you have an agreement about obtaining the form and funding the upkeep as partner, and in this case a elected mayor can be removed/changer for wichever razon you want. but in autocracy, no one should be able to strip of a mayor from his property, for no razon.

My 2 cents.

Salu2.

I cant belive this isnt like this allready!!!

When I placed my first deed back on JK-Home I read about the votingsystem.

I wasnt sure I uderstood it right back then.

And since I didnt want to risk to loose something I bought and payed for myself

I choosed to live alone on my deed. And still does.

Sure back then we had another type of deeds, but today they are all same.

Why shall I risk to loose it all if I get sick and end up in hospital or take a longer break from game?

Dear Rolf how would you like it if it happend to you?

Today I see I understood that votingsystem right and I really hope this will be changed.

[...]

Why shall I risk to loose it all if I get sick and end up in hospital or take a longer break from game?

Dear Rolf how would you like it if it happend to you?

Today I see I understood that votingsystem right and I really hope this will be changed.

Would be amusing, we get no posts/game updates from Rolf for 30-60days, game ownership goes to /vote ! :lol:

I could argue this both ways. On one hand if I found a deed yes I paid my money to form it. On the other if the mayor leaves the game or heaven forbid something should happen to them that creates a problem. I understand those that say well your just a guest, but I know in a lot of towns it is FAR more than just the mayor building that town. Many other people may have put their time, resources, and potentially money into making it what it is.

I support the 3 modes Makarus is proposing, but I also would support an inactivity timer as well. If the mayor hasn't logged into the game in 60 or 90 days then I'd say they have established they are no longer interested in the game or the assets contained there within. I'll add yes there are always exceptions, say someone ends up in a hospital. But if your townies really have become their friends I'd hope they'd reinstate you upon your return. There is no perfect result here and well it's take more than one person to form a community just sayin'.

Edited by LifesaverM

Why not link deed options to email? That way you could change the deed options like make someone else mayor or something w/o having to log on if you don't have the capability to do so? Just an idea I thought I'd throw out for discussion, up to you guys now

I could argue this both ways. On one hand if I found a deed yes I paid my money to form it. On the other if the mayor leaves the game or heaven forbid something should happen to them that creates a problem. I understand those that say well your just a guest, but I know in a lot of towns it is FAR more than just the mayor building that town. Many other people may have put their time, resources, and potentially money into making it what it is.

I support the 3 modes Makarus is proposing, but I also would support an inactivity timer as well. If the mayor hasn't logged into the game in 60 or 90 days then I'd say they have established they are no longer interested in the game or the assets contained there within. I'll add yes there are always exceptions, say someone ends up in a hospital. But if your townies really have become their friends I'd hope they'd reinstate you upon your return. There is no perfect result here and well it's take more than one person to form a community just sayin'.

The problem is, what about those cases where the citizens didn't help build? A lot of deeds have been around a long time, and some have taken over where others stood before. With the ability to transfer writs, deeds and even accounts, there isn't really an effective way to know which deeds were actively built by the current citizens/players, so any system put into place to cover one situation, could cause another situation.

If the mayor and citizens became friends, I'd hope the mayor would hand the deed over (or offer it for sale to the citizens).

Edited by Hussars

dont wanna sound like a troll or anything but like the rules say securing your property is up to you, i think a deed can fall under that, make it so only you can add villagers and have an alt or inactive friends into your village... i have 3 inactive friends in my village and only i and co mayors can invite others... just saying i think they have that 80% vote out for inactive mayors

And like someone else said, you dont own land in this game you lease it from the king

i feel bad for what happened to rocky and that was a low move on their part but its part of the game :/

Edited by shadowblasta